Med marijuana users

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Badger67, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

For those of you who use for medical reasons in states where cannabis is legal,
    What may have changed your outlook on switching from physician/psychiatrist directed to self directed at a dispensary?

Im hoping to gain some insight into this as we face legalization here in canada.

Ease of access?
    Thc% not high enough?
    Dr didnt know much?
    Anything etc?

Thanks for the replies guys.

2. No comprendo, señor.

3. Fuzzybabyducks Hot girl that’s into ketchup. she/her pricechopper

what? u high right now?

4. Clippys Mom Banned Banned

It should be seen as one of many complimentry means to an end.

Beware of the culture cult of "POT NEEDLES CURE ALL"

I been an advocate for legalization from early 90's, but the sub-culture today is troubling. If you are embracing the weed as a lifestyle you are doing it wrong. It should occupy no more time and effort than a glass of water does in a healthy lifestyle, and not to be seen as a central aspect of one's life.

5. Estemachine Gold Belt

Aren't you suppose to drink a gallon of water a day to stay healthy? ;)

6. SFMMA Brown Belt

Nice try, officer.

7. Clippys Mom Banned Banned

8. TheNinja Gold Belt

I'm not sure what you are asking. Most "real" doctors weren't / aren't handing out MJ prescriptions. And if they did it's not like you go down to the local WalGreens or CVS and pick up your "medicine". In California the whole "medical' reasons was a complete sham anyway. It's just easier and more money for the state and cities if you just legalize it. The doctors were probably pissed though....heh.

9. The Sole Survivor Banned Banned

Here in the USA doctors CAN NOT recommend you cannabis. You have to go to a "cannabis doctor" who are usually RNs(registered nurse) and all they do is ask these basic questions with little variance.
    1) "Whats going on/whats wrong?
    2)Are you taking any medication?
    3) Have you tried cannabis?
    4)what medicines do you take that it replaces?
    5)how else does it help you if you have tried it?
    You dont need medical records just an ID and you can say i have back pain, i cant sleep, i cant eat,etc and they will give you your medical recommendation and off you go to go smoke "the good good." lol

10. ToxicShocker Red Belt

You smoke it and you feel good. This is the extent of your consultation

11. Ottawaguy Gold Belt

Curious to see how it works here. Won’t affect me as i don’t intend to use it even when it’s legalized in a few months. More curious about the debate on restrictions that will likely be put in place by municipalities as well as condo owners associations, campgrounds etc.

In Ontario the sales in provincally controlled stores is delayed until April 2019, but you will be able to order it online from Ontario controlled outlets this fall.

12. GordoBarraBJJ Steel Belt

On on the CBD oil to keep me from killing y'all

mike-tyson-ap2.jpg

13. HomeRun916 Double Yellow Card Banned

Tbh any legitimate Doctor isn’t prescribing you marijuana. Unless you are seriously ill. I know a bunch of idiots with “back pains and arthritis” at 20 years of age.. you go see a weird guy, pay him 100-400$ depending on who you see, lie about symptoms get a fake “medical card”. But it allows you to grow small amounts of marijuana legally.

Well anyone can register for a medical card now in WA state right at any dispensary, but it doesn’t grant you access to special weed or strains, just don’t have to pay certain taxes. But if you go that route you lose your rights to conceal carry.

14. HomeRun916 Double Yellow Card Banned

Not much will change imo, like liquor law. Don’t get caught smoking in public and you are ok.

15. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Bit different from canada then. My clinic requires med records. However leglization is occurring soon and part of my job is to retain and attract patients. Our current patient body is 60k.

16. TribalDrumz Red Belt

I grow my own . You should also.

17. The Sole Survivor Banned Banned

Sounds like you guys are stricter then us here in the US for medical. For recreational states all you need is a valid ID and be 21+ and you are good to go but having a medical rec is better as it allows you to buy more and avoid tax in recreational states. Hopefully the entire US gets with the times soon lol.
    Makes it worse for my buisness(more competition as I farm and am an extactionist) , but better for the average joe.

18. badascan Red Belt Platinum Member

I was a medicinal caregiver for almost 2 years and "self medicated" for many years before that... I wouldn't trust anything a physician or psychiatrist tells me related to marijuana without gathering more info because they tend to support the status quo which is criminally wrong in this realm...

I also would grow my own and or buy from a trusted source before dispensaries because dispensaries are way over priced though they should be extremely knowledgeable and will have a variety of products to help you...

19. Lost me once you said people in their 20s having arthritis is stupid as that shows how much of a moron you are.

I have an autoimmune disease that attacks every joint in my body and fuses my spinal vertebrae together and it set on at age 28. My dad has the same disease which forced him to quit professional hockey at 19 and walk with a cane for 5 years.

Educate yourself or shut the fuck up and shitpost elsewhere.

20. Dolomite Red Belt

No thanks - you degenerate pot heads are always just one toke away from permanent psychosis.

Enjoy watching zombie babies crawling across the ceiling every night, Dudes!