meat.

munch.dead-mother.small.jpg

The Dead Mother
1899-1900 (130 Kb); Oil on canvas, 39 3/8 x 35 3/8 in; Kunsthalle, Bremen

Now you guys have learnt some new shit. Have fun, and class starts again on money.

im out.
p

i would like to know how you fucked up the name of munch's most famous work in a copy and paste job?

i took art class in jr high and high school..i learned more in this thread than in 4 years of school

Originally posted by Bishop
i took art class in jr high and high school..i learned more in this thread than in 4 years of school

Glad to help you out. And too bad that you wasted 4 years when all u had to to was, listen to me =)

Originally posted by animal mother
i would like to know how you fucked up the name of munch's most famous work in a copy and paste job?

funny you should ask that... I was looking for an oppurtunity to show off my knowledge of the norwiegan language. so as it goes, the actual title of the painting is "skriet", which can be translated as either "cry" or "scream"...

Originally posted by Bishop
i didn't know you then

have any tips on jewelry? i took a jewelry art class as well

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN FAIENCE

EGYPTIAN FAIENCE IS A GLAZED, NON-CLAY CERAMIC MATERIAL. IT IS COMPOSED MAINLY OF QUARTZ WITH AMOUNTS OF LIME AND NATRON OR PLANT ASH. The BODY IS COATED WITH SODA-LIME SILICA GLAZE. ADDING DIFFERENT METALS AND THEIR OXIDES CAUSES THE APPEARANCE OF DIFFERENT COLOR. THE GLAZED COMPOSITION CAN BE MODELED INTO AN AMULETIC SHAPE, OR MOLDED IN A ONE OR TWO PART MOLD, SOMETIMES WITH ADDITIONAL MODELING BY HAND. FAIENCE WAS USED NOT AS AN INEXPENSIVE SUBSTITUTE FOR COSTLY MATERIALS, BUT FOR It's ASSOCIATION WITH LIGHT AND REBIRTH.
IT IS probable THAT ALL OF THE AMULETS SHOWN BELOW ARE PRODUCTS OF THE NAUCRATIS WORKSHOP. ALL DATING IS BASED ON ARCHAEOLOGICAL data. REFERENCE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

THE DAWN OF THE JEWELLER'S ART. BRONZE AGE, XIV-IX CENTURIES B. C.

Bracelet with a male-female fastening
Gold leaf; hammered and engraved. The socket is decorated witch hatched in triangles
6x4 sm

Aibas-Darasu burial ground in the Ulutau mountains Central
Kazakhstan. XII-X centuries B. C. Excavated by A. Margulan
Museum of Archaeology of Academy of Sciences

Minshunkur burial ground.
Eastern Semirechye. XII-X centuries B. C. Excavated by K. Akishev
Museum of Archaeology of Academy of Sciences

Originally posted by skinnywussy
funny you should ask that... I was looking for an oppurtunity to show off my knowledge of the norwiegan language. so as it goes, the actual title of the painting is "skriet", which can be translated as either "cry" or "scream"...

Thats wrong. The original name of that painting is "skrik"

Many people say that the backround is the Oslo fjord.

skrik= scream.

The Norwegian investigation was led by Chief Inspector Leif Lier and early suspicions were directed at Norway's anti-abortion campaigners, who had threatened to pull a publicity stunt during the Olympics. Another key suspect was Paul Enger, an art thief and former professional footballer with the Norwegian club Valerenga. The strange announcement he placed in the columns of the Norwegian newspaper, Dagbladet, on the birth of his son seemed to support this theory: Oscar Christoffer arrived 'med et Skrik!' [with a Scream!]. But Enger denied involvement, in spite of videotapes that confirmed his recent visits to the gallery.

munch.scream.JPG

Edvard Munch, Skrik [from his Diary, 1892]:
Jeg gik bortover veien med to venner-solen gik ned-Jeg f

Back