Measuring damage

Willy Knuckles

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just curious on how most people on here measure damage? Is it all an eye test? I keep seeing "Reyes did more damage" or "Reyes had the more damaging strikes". Not really sure what people are measuring when they say that. I would understand if there were KD's, or someone getting rocked, but jones never once looked visibly hurt imo. Just curious how people measure damage without the fighter being visibly effected by the strikes.

Reyes hit Jones harder and visibly hurt him more than Jones did him...

That's pretty much how damage works.

I think Jones snaked the win, personally, but Dominick was fucking him up for those first two rounds.

Imo the clash of shins slowed them.bith down a lot, but Reyes recovered better from it quicker and those kicks he was throwing were nasty.

Jones is iron chinned but he got outstruck for 3/5ths of the fight. Reyes landed more. He was on the back foot yes, but that’s the fight game, someone is the bull and someone is the matador. Jones did nothing with his takedown.

It can't be quantified because fighters are good at keeping a poker face.

Rampage said in his fight against Randleman that he got hit with a body shot that hurt so bad that Randleman could have finished him had he shown that he was hurt. But he didn't show the pain on his face so he got through it.

I think most of it comes from the replays if you're watching at home, besides the real obvious exchanges, there were a few shots from Reyes that were hard like the head kick and the uppercut and the body kick, but yeah Jones looked fine after the fight. There's no question reyes is a tough dude though

It can't be all an eye test because different people show damage to different degrees. Some people "bruise like a peach", some people have scar tissue that makes bleeding easier, some people got hides like a rhino, etc. Some complexions can mask damage better, too.

Just read sherdog after the fight.

Jones has half this board acting battered and traumatized, posting shit like

REYES Won! He's Peoples Champ!!1 HAHAHAHA amirite? Bones who!?!?
Thiago v Dom for the belt guyyyyyys!

Pretty serious swelling of the labias

Back