Meanwhile in Florida: GOP candidate lies about Uni degree, is refuted by the Uni.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Florida GOP's candidate for the State house seat posted a picture of her with a degree claiming to be from Miami university, but the University said she attended the school but did not graduate. She has now apologized, saying she made a mistake in claiming she earned a degree. She will however stay in the running and will "lead by example".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ut-college-degree-apologizes-for-mistake.html
---
You know what is surprising is that anyone running for office thought they could get away with such a lie , with photo evidence.

I feel like a guy who only lied about a degree is an improvement over the GOP running nazis and perverts as candidates.

1534211206966.jpg

"I've made a huge mistake"

lying is actually really really good and besides all politicians do it

You know what is surprising is that anyone running for office thought they could get away with such a lie , with photo evidence.
Florida, bro.

The level of narcissism one must have to NOT drop out in shame is what is most impressive in this story.

She should not have done that. It was the wrong thing to do.

I mean....do you not agree that the same thing could happen to Donald Trump and he would just keep on insisting that he did have the degree, or say that he never claimed to have it despite video/picture evidence, and his followers would go right along?

I mean, how many times have we seen him just say "wrong, wrong, fake news" to something documented in video? How many times has Giuliani just this month been caught straight up contradicting something he said on air, and he just continues to claim he didn't say it?

Meh, I always tell the ladies that I have a PhD in gender studies from the university of Florence and that I have several articles published about how empowering it is for women to pee standing!

I'm sure she's a really good person who happens to commit serious and easily exposed fraud, hoping that Florida has just completely given up.

I mean....do you not agree that the same thing could happen to Donald Trump and he would just keep on insisting that he did have the degree, or say that he never claimed to have it despite video/picture evidence, and his followers would go right along?

I mean, how many times have we seen him just say "wrong, wrong, fake news" to something documented in video? How many times has Giuliani just this month been caught straight up contradicting something he said on air, and he just continues to claim he didn't say it?

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”
Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Back