Means vs Oliver a No contest... Was he actually a downed opponent?

"“A grounded opponent is any fighter who has more than just the soles of their feet on the ground."

To me, that means you need both feet (due to the plural) plus something down, and not just one foot and something else. From what I saw on the replay, one of Oliveira's foot was up when each of the knees were thrown, which is why I think they're legal.

How are people getting confused by this? It was an illegal strike as the knee was grounded. That's always been the rule.

NC will get overturned to a DQ

This is all Rogans fault for the confusion, he caused Ratner to get involved too like a dolt. Lost a bit of respect for Rogans knowledge of MMA tonight, he should know this shit.

Maybe nobody stays in that position long enough for us to have ready examples for a reason, you dolt.

Are you fucking serious? Thats a common position in MMA in almost every fight, takedowns, getups and knockdowns near the cage result in this position numerous times during a fight.

Im so confused. Ive been watching mma for 10 years and I thought that one knee down has always meant you are grounded. I wish Means got the victory but I think Dan got it right.

You're right about the rule, but it should have been a DQ. Those were deliberate fouls.

That entire fight was a clusterfuck.

Lol fucking Rogan. I was questioning everything I thought I knew lol. I was pretty sure it was illegal. Not sure how Rogan and Goldie made it such a controversy, it's always been illegal to throw a knee if the fighter is on a knee.

I've got a bet on this that Oliveira wins. Does this count as a win now?

Are you fucking serious? Thats a common position in MMA in almost every fight, takedowns, getups and knockdowns near the cage result in this position numerous times during a fight.

Nobody sits there with one knee down and nothing else while someone is standing in front of them ready to launch knees. Nobody. That's why you or anyone else couldn't think of readily available examples, because nobody with their faculties is going to stay there like Oliveira did.

This is all Rogans fault for the confusion, he caused Ratner to get involved too like a dolt. Lost a bit of respect for Rogans knowledge of MMA tonight, he should know this shit.

You're an idiot man. Rogan doesn't make these calls. He is told by the people running the show in the trailer that they're going to ask Ratner.

Lol fucking Rogan. I was questioning everything I thought I knew lol. I was pretty sure it was illegal. Not sure how Rogan and Goldie made it such a controversy, it's always been illegal to throw a knee if the fighter is on a knee.

Bro, I trusted Joe. He got me all fucked up.

Attachments

• 5e20b8d890a8cdc928c842242bd79bab14f818b7b0761ed19207e7ca8dcfc369.jpg
    5e20b8d890a8cdc928c842242bd79bab14f818b7b0761ed19207e7ca8dcfc369.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
You're an idiot man. Rogan doesn't make these calls. He is told by the people running the show in the trailer that they're going to ask Ratner.

Whatever fool, thought Ratner was at the desk, big fucking deal. The point is that this is Rogans job and he talks about this rule on every broadcast, hes an idiot.

Besides you don't know for sure Rogan didn't influence if people upstairs were listening to the broadcast.

Whatever fool, thought Ratner was at the desk, big fucking deal. The point is that this is Rogans job and he talks about this rule on every broadcast, hes an idiot.

Besides you don't know for sure Rogan didn't influence if people upstairs were listening to the broadcast.

Did you really just get all annoyed because someone educated you? You must have found school difficult.

Back