Me watching all the casual conor fans discover the ESPN+ deal

I actually tried Buffalo wild Wings on a recent Florida holiday, I felt the need to try it after years of reading about it on sherdog....

5.8 out of 10 for me, Mrs wasn't pleased.

No shit. It's a chain restaurant marketed toward middle income (the bigger issue there being the chain restaurant).

That's my reaction to you verifying that you actually PAY for events lmfao
You loser, its 2020, I dont pay to watch MMA anymore.
Wow, only 5 posts before some jerkoff brags about his piracy like it is something new and he is a special boy.

Wait, what? You need to subscribe to a separate service just to be able to buy the PPV?

I'm in Canada, so we still do it the "old" way, order from your cable provider, or the UFC app/FightPass, or YouTube, or wherever.

Are none of those an option anymore in the US, due to ESPN+ exclusivity, or something like that?
Yeah that’s exactly right

i dont believe. so you made 200k as a sales man. what you sellin. missiles, drugs, people.

LOL all I do is find companies that need shit moved on trucks and get them to pay our company to do the logistics. Nothing but a middle man. I'm not even close to the top guy in our company either, one guy on the west coast (he lives in the San Fran area so of course his cost of living is like double or triple mine) made $120k in commission in the MONTH OF NOVEMBER. That wasn't a typical month of course, but still.

I'm amazed at these issues you seem to have with the app. Are you running on a 14k modem from the late 90s?

No, we have fiber optic, 1gig! And I know it's just the ESNP+ app because damn near everything else on my internet is fast as hell!

I live in the midwest (and not Chicago) so cost of living is pretty moderate. Our household income last year was about $450k (my wife made about 60% of it as she's a VP at a pretty big company and I'm just a salesman--I'm all about her smashing that glass ceiling LOL) and I stopped paying for ppv's after the ESPN deal. Just the principle, it was irritating. I used to buy every ppv, even the shitty ones that weren't worth it. Now if it's a huge card and I'm worried about the stream failing I'll go to a bar and drag some buddies along, but otherwise it's stream city.

If the ESPN+ app functioned well that would be one thing. But it doesn't. And they also screwed over the people like me who paid for a year of fightpass mostly to get the early prelim fights, then see them moved to a different platform. So I signed up for ESPN+, they get that $ from me. But not buying ppv's anymore, nope.

That's great that you and your wife are doing well for yourselves. Sounds like you guys are going to retire before you turn 50.

That's great that you and your wife are doing well for yourselves. Sounds like you guys are going to retire before you turn 50.

I'm already in my early/mid 40's. It's been somewhat a slow climb, but yeah plan for me is to retire within 10 years, and likely my wife too. We only have one kid and we told her (she's only 10) that once she is out of college and decides on where she's gonna be we will likely follow her LOL. Right now she thinks that's great...we'll see when the time comes. But having just one kid your loyalties aren't divided so we will have the financial means and flexibility to move where she moves (if she does).

I've lived in the upper midwest my whole life. I am REALLY rooting for her to decide to live somewhere warm.

Is that because you don't think women should be executives LOL? Well, I disagree, my lifestyle is is much better because of it.
2 good incomes are better than 1.

2 good incomes are better than 1.

No joke, when we met we were in our mid 20's and her "salary" was 26k/year. She worked for some marketing firm. I was like "Well, I'm not marrying for money that's for sure..."

Now 20 years later she makes over 10x that and is the bigger breadwinner. So...guess I didn't know shit LOL

I did not realize Sherdoggers were so frikkin' poor. Seriously, $5 a month???
I am slowly really starting to realize most of you live with your parents and your allowance does not cover it.
Slowly realizing? That's a universally known thing that Conor's fans live with parents. There can't be an adult that stupid..

Who? Listen kid, there are no casual Conor fans. All Conor fans are HARDCORE!

I haven't seen this mentioned... but has anyone complaining about ESPN+ freezing on a smart tv ever thought it was their crappy cheap tv that is the issue, not the service? I stream on my PC and only ever had an issue when it first launched.

I don't know how BT Sport legally gets away with arbitrarily deciding to put certain cards on PPV since they sold their subscriptions based on having all the UFC cards.

No, we have fiber optic, 1gig! And I know it's just the ESNP+ app because damn near everything else on my internet is fast as hell!

That's odd. Works fine for me. My only gripe with it is that when you begin a live event it starts playing at the current live time index, rather than the beginning. I like to start them an hour late so I can fast forward through the nonsense, so with espn I now have to avert my eyes, mute it and instantly start rewinding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back