Me watching all the casual conor fans discover the ESPN+ deal

I have a smart TV too and the f'ing app constantly clocks, freezes up, etc. I've tried contacting support about it...what a waste of time. When it happens during the early prelims it's annoying but...it's the early prelims. So not such a huge deal. But paying $60 for a ppv to have it glitch? No thanks, I can have my stream lag for free LOL.
Yeah if it was comparable quality fuck that. The thing is for me the PPV on my tv has always been like a normal cable show, and the streams poop out, cut audio, or they zap it right as the fighters walk out for the main. I’d rather just pay the money to enjoy the content. But I’d it was the same thing I would have a hard time justifying it as well.

This. The last ppv I streamed was Silva/Izzy. Just based on how terrible the card was I couldn't justify buying it. The stream cut out right before the main event and I was in panic mode trying to find another one. Fuck that, I'm not a broke college student anymore. I can afford to follow my favorite sport.
That’s exactly it. If you spend hours on this forum and you’re and adult, imo, it’s worth just buying the cards.

I live in the midwest (and not Chicago) so cost of living is pretty moderate. Our household income last year was about $450k (my wife made about 60% of it as she's a VP at a pretty big company and I'm just a salesman--I'm all about her smashing that glass ceiling LOL) and I stopped paying for ppv's after the ESPN deal. Just the principle, it was irritating. I used to buy every ppv, even the shitty ones that weren't worth it. Now if it's a huge card and I'm worried about the stream failing I'll go to a bar and drag some buddies along, but otherwise it's stream city.

If the ESPN+ app functioned well that would be one thing. But it doesn't. And they also screwed over the people like me who paid for a year of fightpass mostly to get the early prelim fights, then see them moved to a different platform. So I signed up for ESPN+, they get that $ from me. But not buying ppv's anymore, nope.

Man so much this. I'm not balling that much but I make a comfortable 6 figures and they've definitely lost money on me with this ESPN+ deal.

Pre-ESPN+, I bought almost every PPV. After ESPN+, I went with the monthly subscription but refused to buy the ppvs out of principal. Now I've cancelled the subscription because their app literally won't play videos for me, I haven't been able to watch the past 5 or so fight nights.

On the plus side, I've upped my stream game.

Yeah if it was comparable quality fuck that. The thing is for me the PPV on my tv has always been like a normal cable show, and the streams poop out, cut audio, or they zap it right as the fighters walk out for the main. I’d rather just pay the money to enjoy the content. But I’d it was the same thing I would have a hard time justifying it as well.

I have heard almost everyone else complain about the ESPN+ app too. But now you are telling me (and a few others here it seems) that it works well for you. So now I'm even MORE pissed LOL because evidently the app works well for some people but terrible for me and a ton of others. Jeez...

the casuals might have a problem with that, but the hardcore Conor fans sleep at the venue.
conor-fan.png

Casual Conor fans don't post on Sherdog

.........Noob!

Casual Mcgregor fans go watch for free at Buffalo Wild Wings wearing Tapout shirts and eating the mild wings.... :)
Well I go to Twin Peaks, wear official Reebok fight kits and order the Beyond Burger with fake vegetarian meat so it's good to know I'm not a casual.

Last edited:
I have heard almost everyone else complain about the ESPN+ app too. But now you are telling me (and a few others here it seems) that it works well for you. So now I'm even MORE pissed LOL because evidently the app works well for some people but terrible for me and a ton of others. Jeez...
Works pretty good for me too

I actually tried Buffalo wild Wings on a recent Florida holiday, I felt the need to try it after years of reading about it on sherdog....

5.8 out of 10 for me, Mrs wasn't pleased.
Yep, garbage.

Yeah I have a smart tv. It’s slow when your browsing the different channels but once I’m in it, it never crashes unless I try to switch to a game or some other show while on commercials. If I just leave it I don’t have issues.
I think the app is shit. I actually have to grab a Roku from the one room where I don’t have a Smart TV, and hook that up, and watch ESPN+ through the Roku. Totally stupid. Otherwise, it glitches and freezes. I don’t have issues streaming anything else. Just that pile of shit.

I live in the midwest (and not Chicago) so cost of living is pretty moderate. Our household income last year was about $450k (my wife made about 60% of it as she's a VP at a pretty big company and I'm just a salesman--I'm all about her smashing that glass ceiling LOL) and I stopped paying for ppv's after the ESPN deal. Just the principle, it was irritating. I used to buy every ppv, even the shitty ones that weren't worth it. Now if it's a huge card and I'm worried about the stream failing I'll go to a bar and drag some buddies along, but otherwise it's stream city.

If the ESPN+ app functioned well that would be one thing. But it doesn't. And they also screwed over the people like me who paid for a year of fightpass mostly to get the early prelim fights, then see them moved to a different platform. So I signed up for ESPN+, they get that $ from me. But not buying ppv's anymore, nope.
i dont believe. so you made 200k as a sales man. what you sellin. missiles, drugs, people.

giphy.gif
Watching all of these guys discover that they need to subscribe to ESPN+ in order to get the PPV is kinda fun when you’ve had 6 months to get used to it.

Wait, what? You need to subscribe to a separate service just to be able to buy the PPV?

I'm in Canada, so we still do it the "old" way, order from your cable provider, or the UFC app/FightPass, or YouTube, or wherever.

Are none of those an option anymore in the US, due to ESPN+ exclusivity, or something like that?

This. The last ppv I streamed was Silva/Izzy. Just based on how terrible the card was I couldn't justify buying it. The stream cut out right before the main event and I was in panic mode trying to find another one. Fuck that, I'm not a broke college student anymore. I can afford to follow my favorite sport.
sure but since when mma is a sport ;)

i dont believe. so you made 200k as a sales man. what you sellin. missiles, drugs, people.
It is always odd to me that people on message boards would brag about how much money they make or how tough they are. We don’t know you and will never know you so it’s likely you are FOS

Last edited:
Back