McKenzie hurt, out of UFC 155 fight vs Leonard Garcia

He took the fight against Poirier on short notice and made the cut fine. Dude is a twig and was itching to fight LeVesseur after Chiesa pulled out.

still, I hope he doesnt end up fighting Garcia. Many names that make way more sense to fill in for Cody were mentionned in this topic.

LeVesseur is a LW no idea why he would take that fight.

i dunno what would make less sense on that card if that happens, Holloway/Garcia or Perez/Bloodworth

Holloway is on a 2 fight win streak, he deserves better then a late replacement fight with the bottom of the division.

i wouldnt be surprised to see the UFC bring someone in for Garcia to beat so he can stick around though

2 fights isn't really a lot, and unlike boxing "climbing the ladder" isn't the ideal way to get to the top, winning against Whothe Fuckever while other contenders knock each other off is the best way to advance in MMA since it lacks depth right now

I can't believe a guy who should be 0-10 in his last 10 has a job fighting in the UFC.

thats probably the last time I saw Matt in a boring fight, but yeah he kind of stalled the fight and took Howard down without doing much to win a D...

To be honest i blame both guys in that fight - one of them started the takedown fest and the other one thought "fuck it Im not getting cut because of this guy". but yeah that is pretty much the only boring matt brown fight I've ever seen - still can't believe he beat swick though.

Leonard is probably more upset about this than Cory is. Easiest paycheck he was ever going to pick up.

In the "guys asking for a fight they know they have a good chance to win" category, Cody Gibson has also offered to step up and go up to 145 to fight Leonard Garcia.

well im one of the ppl who dont think Garcia has won a fight since Jens Pulver and that was 10 fights ago.

Justin Lawrence makes a lot more sense imo, a 22 year old decent prospect who doesnt have a ground game either.

Garcia needs to look at retiring if he loses again

Ain't that the truth.

[QUOTE="Rush";77416419]Great, lets hope Sean acts on it.[/QUOTE]
You're the first person on this forum I've seen acknowledge the fact that Sean Shelby, and not Joe Silva, books fights at 145. Bravo.

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

You're the first person on this forum I've seen acknowledge the fact that Sean Shelby, and not Joe Silva, books fights at 145. Bravo.

Don't they both work together? If not, why?

Everyone who wants a job in the UFC should be clamoring for this fight right now, there aren't any easier wins.

Back