McGregor's straight left (with GIFs)

That straight left was something to be admired. More fighters should use the jab and the straight, very effective in MMA with the smaller gloves

His set-ups for the head-kicks were phenomenal as well. He would set up the head-kick which was itself a setup for his hands. He is constantly manipulating his opponents and he does it without wasting energy.

Straight punches are definitely the most dangerous ones, hard to block and get there faster

Siver didn't really have an answer for this though, Aldo is a different monster. Mendes looks unbeatable at FW too until he gets in there with Aldo

Jose aldo's best weapon standing at this point in his career is probably leg kicks. He is a skilled boxer, not on Connors level imo with boxing, Kickboxing its a toss up, Aldo's leg kicks will not be as effective on Connor because of the southpaw stance, however, The distance Connor fights at will be closer to aldo's kicking range, will Connor close the gap and try and fight Aldo more on the inside?? Amazing striking match up, I think the fight will stay standing, with Connor getting the better of Aldo, with very spirited exchanges. And new/

Looked like solar plexus to me, too. Siver didnt react like it was solar plexus, though (folding over, dropping hands to body) so I really don't know.

Jesus, dude.

Not to be a dick, but get your eyes checked ASAP. The punch may have grazed his elbow/forearm but it definitely landed on the chin.

I could be wrong, but it looks like Siver took a step back awkwardly on his right foot, it was right between the fence, maybe the punch just knocked him back but the awkward step back caused him to stumble?

This right here.

Siver was damaged, no doubt, but the reason he hit the mat on that straight left from Connor was his foot placement. If you watch the top angle you can see his right foot stepping backwards appeared to slide off the mat inbetween where the cage and mat meet. Kind of odd we haven't seen that more honestly...but it definitely caused him to topple over off balance when combined with that shot from Connor.

conors stand up is great

im worried about his conditioning though. siver was stronger then him. that means aldo will definitely be stronger then him

What move in the fight makes you say Siver is stronger than Conor? Those takedowns were worth nothing and Siver did nothing with them

Back