McGregor's keys to victory

GuiSilva

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'd like to invite you to discuss what tools McGregor has to offer Nate on the rematch. Here's my take :

McGregor claims, in recent interviews, he lost because he emptied his gas tank on the first round trying to take Nate's head off and that now he is going to pick his shots and knock him out.

In my view view going with a knockout plan against any of the Diaz brothers, especially being smaller is a terrible idea. And also the fact that he was able to land so many clean shots on Nate COULD be because Nate had 10 days to prepare.

Say Conor indeed plans to be patient, pick his shots and get the knockout, but what happens if he can't do that ?

My opinion is that Conor will have NOTHING else to offer Nate, besides landing some power shots, is he going to outwrestle Nate ? Take him down and play the jiu jitsu game ? Highly doubtful, right ?

So my prediction is Conor will try to outbox a well prepared Nate, with tons of sparring hours with pro boxers and will get TKOd or submmited again.

What you think ?

I'd bust out laughing if by some miracle McGregor pulled out the win....The haters would all be like:

118.gif

There are no keys for him, he is going to lose. Prepared Nate will be his worst nightmare.

leg kicks and power doubles/chain wrestling --in other words he has no chance

Conor should eat up the legs RDA style until Nate starts wanting a take down. If Nate keeps taking them then Conor keep giving them.

Other than that... just do what you did in the 1st round last time... & don't get caught with those mailman punches in the 2nd... & everything gonna be all right!

& watch out... Nate learned a secret strategy from his brother.

Nick vogue.jpg

Last edited:
Only keys here are the ones needed to operate the ambulance which will be driving Conor's ass to the hospital after the fight.

McGregor claims, in recent interviews, he lost because he emptied his gas tank on the first round trying to take Nate's head off and that now he is going to pick his shots and knock him out.

And this is why Conor will get his sh!t stuffed back again McGregor claims he emptied his gas tank trying to take Nate's head off. This time he intends to pick his shots in order to KO Diaz. Conor is a 1, 2rd, fighter this is a 5rd marathon. Conor's toolbox will only allow him one way to win take the head clean off. Diaz owns multiple ways too win.

A tiger can't change his strips and Conor can't really change what got him to this stage, 1st clean hit to Conor's melon and he's right back to free swinging head hunting. Nate just has more ways to win and is just a plain better all around fighter....

Conor gave his all in the first round and didn't finish Nate, that about sums it up, Nate did what he does best on the ground and he won. Either Conor paces himself and wins a super shitty snoozefest or he engages, gets tired and TKO'd or subbed.

Nate has always been fairly easy to hit, Conor will still tag him more than often.

However stamina and durability will go to Nate...I think Conor has a more complete standup game, but Nate is next to impossible to finish...Conor will need to last 5 rds and win 3 of them.

I bet this will be a quick 1st rd KO for Conor.The UFC aren't going to let the cash cow McGregor depart so early.A fixed fight awaits.

Keys to Victory:
Don't Lose
Avoid Getting Choked Out
Dodge or Block Knockout Punches & Kicks

Back