McGregor's coach John Kavangh: Conor's victory will be one-sided.

"Since half an hour after the loss, we've been pretty obsessive about that one particular opponent, So it's going on months now. I feel like that's all that's in my head lately, and I know it's the same for him. We've never done that before. It's unique and it's very exciting. It's been a very interesting learning experience for me.

There has been a major change in the approach to this fight as opposed to the other ones. It's a much more structured approach to this fight, I'm pretty sure that's going to be adopted moving forward. To sum up the main difference between this one and other ones is that I can tell you what dates we have, different sessions as in when our MMA sparring's on and when our jiu-jitsu sparring's on, when our technical sessions are on. Where as before it was done on the day, on the fly, how we felt or how he was feeling that particular day. Now I know everything, it's mapped out, laid out and for me I like that. Now we're both kind of on the same path on the same mindset.

If it's a close fight and Conor kind of closely gets a decision, well then there has to be the rubber match. Maybe that will happen either way. I really feel it has to be a dominant performance to make the type of statement Conor wants to make, I'm always weary of looking at things through rose tinted glasses and being biased, but for me round one was quite one-sided. I'm pretty sure anybody would score that round to Conor. That's the way I see it going for whatever number of rounds it lasts this time, but even more in Conor's favor.".

When it will end is hard to say, Him and his brother are both famous for being able to take an exorbitant amount of punishment so how long will it last? That's hard to predict. As long as it does last, I see it being very one-sided."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ided-victory-over-nate-diaz-at-ufc-202-080916

1NCNQK5.gif

ed3df05b-11f4-4548-923f-5f7ae70d70cd

Conor threads are too fun. Can't wait until next Saturday is gone cos we'll start new topics about the trilogy coming next month.

And I thought the last fight was satisfying...

How surprising, Coach says his fighters going to win,

Worth noting is I fully expect Diaz's striking to be crisper as well. I don't think he's lying for a second when he told us all that his lack of a proper camp caused him to get tagged a lot more than he'd like. Though I admit some of it I attribute to Conor just being an exceptional and long counterstriker. I just think Diaz has been in enough boxing rodeos to know and mean it when he says a proper camp makes a huge difference. Everyone jokes about Cabo Diaz, but that detail is the truth ... if short-notice Diaz could not only take Conor's best shots, and slip the others that might have KO'd him, then what the fuck is full camp Diaz going to do to him? Conor's kryptonite IMO (aside from wrestlers probably) is someone with the same range as him to stay away, and with a proven chin. That's Diaz.
That sounds right to me. I'd be surprised if Nate lost. I fully expect him to do his thing this fight...maybe even get the KO/TKO this time around.

"Since half an hour after the loss, we've been pretty obsessive about that one particular opponent,

Conor is such a fake. He was crying about getting the rematch immediately after the loss, then went to the press conference acting all humble saying he would go back down and defend. What a wanker. Oh and Kavanagh saying the first round was one-sided, he should retire as a coach.

I guess that makes Andre PEDerneiras the Irish Edmond's bitch.

giphy.gif

The difference between Pederneiras and Kavanagh, is that he takes their guys from zero and helps them to go 10 years undefeated, and defend their belt several times. No money, hype or stupid fans can be compared to leaving a legacy in the sport.

The difference between Pederneiras and Kavanagh, is that he takes their guys from zero and helps them to go 10 years undefeated, and defend their belt several times. No money, hype or stupid fans can be compared to leaving a legacy in the sport.

Kavanagh, 1st BJJ blackbelt in Ireland, took Conor from zero, too. He also became the 1st MMA coach in history to make a Champion from his country. I'd say he already has a legacy.

Suicide watch for Connor and his team if he loses
Especially if he gets stopped

Seriously. Hire whoever is babysitting Jones and preventing him from relapsing right now.

Haha Conor's gonna need a rainbow

I'll make it shorter for everyone to understand:"we lost in an embarrassing fashion so now we can't sell anymore the fake story of we train the same for everyone and all opponents are the same. Now we have to tell everyone we actually do and trying as everyone else. Focus on our next opponent. His weakness, his strong skills and we improve and plan our game based on that. the only difference? I'll sell the standard ufc training regime and approach as something unique and innovative only us do. Idiots on sherdog will dig it.

Several times? You mean 9 times! :D

Kavanagh too has a legacy but at this point in time it's much smaller, if Conor defends FW 5-6 times then he has a shout for a similar legacy for himself and his coach. I'm not sure if Conor will ever defend the FW strap though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back