McGregor's coach John Kavangh: Conor's victory will be one-sided.

I agree. I dont see Conor playing nates game in the pocket this time around. He will use kicks from range, body shots, and a lot of lateral and in and out movement. His strikes will be much more varied then the left hand happy approach he took last time and he will not be there for nate to hit

This guy sounds more like a groupie than a coach. Maybe conor with switch to a real camp after he loses.

gzSroXd.png

I talk mma with a lot my native Brazilian co workers and they honestly believe Conor owns aldo at this point. He is just in his head and if the fight ever gets made again as soon as the trash talking starts aldo will have the horror visions back again and get knocked out just the same.

As for the Weidman-rockhold fight, I actually had Chris winning. That fight was kinda weird on multiple different fronts. Chris easily won the first but did you notice him visibly tired after Luke had him in the choke at the end of the first and when Luke was spamming kicks in the second? I think Chris takes the rematch idk

It's possible. I've never seen Aldo act that weird after getting into the cage. McGregor was absolutely in his head and it was a huge factor. Which isn't to say Aldo's never rushed in before but perhaps not as recklessly as that. The rematch would be interesting in my opinion and would absolutely have a different complexion regardless of who wins. I think Aldo would definitely have some offense in it this time lol.

Kavanagh is just setting them up to look stupid here if it all goes wrong.

Kavanagh is just setting them up to look stupid here if it all goes wrong.
Eh, it's no different than any coach or fighter claiming they will win a fight they end up losing. I mean people who dislike Conor will obviously use it against him but it's not that different than any other mma fight.

Fair enough, I bet you've been right about every fight you've ever called. But fair play. I was wrong about both those fights. I am a bit creeped out that you searched back that far but at the same time I respect that level of creepiness.

I was right about the first Diaz fight though. ;)
I literally searched "Aldo" by "Fight To Win".

Wasn't too hard, amigo.

I literally searched "Aldo" by "Fight To Win".

Wasn't too hard, amigo.

I guess I don't use the search function often enough. I thought you actually had to go back through someone's history of posts. Like I said though everyone's been right and wrong about fights and if I'm wrong about this one I'll still be a Diaz fan and I won't be a McGregor fan.

I guess I don't use the search function often enough. I thought you actually had to go back through someone's history of posts. Like I said though everyone's been right and wrong about fights and if I'm wrong about this one I'll still be a Diaz fan and I won't be a McGregor fan.
I'll always be a fan of the Diaz bros. Just not against Conor.

A lot of butthurt posters in here.

Conor has clearly rustled too many jimmies for this site to handle.

Spot on Kavanagh. You win...or learn!

Conor flukily lost, now they are making the necessary adjustments. Easy win.

#KavBless

Irish Edmund is a bjj coach not a striking coach. He's had nothing to do with Conor's success - that's why he's called Irish Edmund.

Get it?

If you could copy/paste this on every thread every idiot thinks that Irish Edmund has been the recipe of Conor's success, it will be highly appreciated by your fellow sherdoggers who are not kissing anyone ass.

All that alcohol killing all those brain cells

I agree this time with coach caravan.And the comparisons to Edmond are lame.All coaches will say outlandish stuff to hype their fighter. This is not something exclusive.

Anything can happen I guess. Still liking Diaz this time around. I do think Conor's striking will be crisper this time around. I still have questions about his cardio though. The problem with fighting a Diaz in particular is that their cardio tends to get better as the fight goes on, not worse. If Conor even has the slightest issue with his cardio game, things can get really, really bad. If Conor is going to win, I feel like it has to be within the 1st or 2nd round. If it goes past that, it's the Nate Diaz show ladies and gent.

Worth noting is I fully expect Diaz's striking to be crisper as well. I don't think he's lying for a second when he told us all that his lack of a proper camp caused him to get tagged a lot more than he'd like. Though I admit some of it I attribute to Conor just being an exceptional and long counterstriker. I just think Diaz has been in enough boxing rodeos to know and mean it when he says a proper camp makes a huge difference. Everyone jokes about Cabo Diaz, but that detail is the truth ... if short-notice Diaz could not only take Conor's best shots, and slip the others that might have KO'd him, then what the fuck is full camp Diaz going to do to him? Conor's kryptonite IMO (aside from wrestlers probably) is someone with the same range as him to stay away, and with a proven chin. That's Diaz.

Back