McGregor/Woodley shouldnt be allowed to pick their opponents

I personally hate Conor fighting out of his weight class without defending his belt once, but come on buddeh. Conor and Woodley are not even close to the same thing. Conor sells million plus PPV events every time he fights. Woodley is not evening close to a big draw. Bisping sells fights. Those two have earned their leeway with the promotion. Woodley has not. Not even in the same league.

I personally hate Conor fighting out of his weight class without defending his belt once, but come on buddeh. Conor and Woodley are not even close to the same thing. Conor sells million plus PPV events every time he fights. Woodley is not evening close to a big draw. Bisping sells fights. Those two have earned their leeway with the promotion. Woodley has not. Not even in the same league.

Silva, GSP, etc all fought whoever was in front of them and defended their title despite their popularity. I'm saying UFC needs to reel it in little bit when it comes to letting them pick out fights. It will never be black and white though when it comes to this.

I think the UFC picks the opponents. Some fighters build up some buzz by calling out certain fights or in Conor's UNIQUE case calling out an entire division for YEARS saying after he knocks out the champ in the first round he is going to move up and knockout the champ in the higher division. You people compare Woodley calling out Nick f Diaz to this? How in the hell is that comparable?

I think the UFC picks the opponents. Some fighters build up some buzz by calling out certain fights or in Conor's UNIQUE case calling out an entire division for YEARS saying after he knocks out the champ in the first round he is going to move up and knockout the champ in the higher division. You people compare Woodley calling out Nick f Diaz to this? How in the hell is that comparable?

Then maybe stick to his plan and fight in LW? He doesnt deserve the rematch, let alone @ WW

Conor didn't duck a contender. He went to fight a 2nd champion. The 2nd champion got scared and ran. The #1 and #2 contenders then both ducked Conor out of fear. Nate Diaz stepped up and won.

Conor is making a special exception to fight the man who stepped up and beat him, instead of the man who ran from fight #1, got KO'd in 13 seconds in fight #2, and ran from fight #3.

Conor will return to 145 when 145 earns his return.

Then maybe stick to his plan and fight in LW? He doesnt deserve the rematch, let alone @ WW
Well the loss to Diaz derailed that plan. I think he should have fought for fw title defense before the rematch too. But we all know how long it took for his first fight with Aldo to happen. Took 14 months for Aldo to give Conor his shot. So far since Mcgregor won the belt its been 8 months. Could still defend the title in same span of time as it took Aldo to give him his shot.

You guys are such goofs.
Do you all have stock in the UFC or something? Are you Dana White, or part of management? Why do you all get so worked up over the fighters trying to make decisions for themselves? Where was this level of bitching when it was the UFC making all of these goofy ass title matches? It's a huge problem now just because it's the champions that are trying to call their own shots? Why is that? People keep bitching as if some sort of sacred decision making process has been blasphemed.

Bethe, Ronda, Gus, Serra, Chael, Cariaso vs MM, Diaz/GSP, Lesnar, Couture...the fucking list goes on and on of undeserved title shots that the UFC granted. And then let's not even get started on the pointless, undeserved rematches and trilogies.
The UFC has ALWAYS been about making money fights. Why the hell is it such a big problem that it's now the fighters that want to choose those fights for themselves?
How the hell all yall gonna be company men for a company you don't even work for?
Goofs.

Silva, GSP, etc all fought whoever was in front of them and defended their title despite their popularity. I'm saying UFC needs to reel it in little bit when it comes to letting them pick out fights. It will never be black and white though when it comes to this.
Agreed. So did lawler. I don't have a huge problem with dominant champs getting a little leeway. But if you've just won the belt, and there are viable contenders, you need to fight the top contenders. For Woodley, if it's not GSP then he needs to fight WB.

People keep saying this shit like McGregor didn't volunteer to go fight the champion a weight class higher, which no one else ever does.

You mean to fight at his walk around weight? I would say it's far harder for him to work down to his fighting weight of 145 than it is for him to train and eat well at his walk around weight. So don't go and try and make it sound like he did some wildly courageous thing...

So one KO and you should be able to fight whoever you want?
First off they get to choose whoever they want to fight. Second of all if they want to increase their paydays they should fight top notch fighters.

Examples: Dan Henderson KOd Bisping; Plenty of people want to see that rematch for good reason.

Conor McGregor wants to fight this trash talking brawler two weight divisions above the one Mcgregor won a belt at. Plenty of people want to see this for good reason.

Woodley just KOd the guy that KOs people, and he's aiming for a title defense from GSP or Nick Diaz which if you know who those two are you can see plenty reason why Woodley is being reasonable in asking to fight these two.

Back