Mcgregor Will Surpass GSP In Popularity

Jim Rome has tiny, creepy little child hands.

He is also a tiny, creepy little man.

Here, watch him get his ass kicked by some guy who was being a douche to.

[YT]57W05-oopNA[/YT]

meh, the guy got mad cause of some random shit

obviously

but to mcgregor and aldo to surpass 750k, i cant see that

i think above 500k will be already fucking amazing

but lets see

I'd expect a lot of repetition to the 750k number since connor said it at the post fight presser. He basically said he would equal or surpass the Jones/Cormier number.

It`s hard not be a fan of McGregor, the guy is doing and will do wonders for MMA and the UFC. He just won`t be champion against Aldo, not in the cards.

But the guy still would have life with a defeat against ALdo, he jumps up to LW and fights for a title, could very well be champion there.

In lightweight where cowboy cerrone exists a man that did beat siver in 2 minutes

I think not

While your premise is grand, there is great potential for it to fail at Aldo. The rest is just gibberish as a result.

He won't. McGregor vs Aldo won't do 1 million buys. He'll never main event on a card that does 1 million or more.

If Conor becomes a defending champ, I could see it.

His brash style of trash talking might lose him some fans.

But he's no Ali. Hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.

Doubt it. A career like GSP's will be hard to replicate. No one has come close, and I don't think Conor will either.

I love the attention Conor is bringing though.

The most popular fighters are champions, when he loses to Aldo, those dreams are OVER

It's possible if he wins the title and defended it a few times.

Not that I disagree with anything mentioned, but yeah.

Conor McGregor is a star. Media wants to talk stars. Not just guys guys who hold belts.

Ireland doesn't have PPV. If they did, yeah, he'd be bigger than GSP in a much more measurable way. But yeah, he very well might be.

Bigger than GSP in what specific measurable way?

Conor McGregor is the Gerry ****ey (kuhn-nee) of MMA.

I decided to turn on the radio today for a few minutes to listen to the Jim Rome show. I only heard 10 minutes, but almost the entire time was spent talking about Mcgregor and his antics the previous night. Jim nailed it, and it was unbelievable hearing him talk about Siver and Aldo's 9 title defenses.

For people who don't know, Jim Rome has the most popular sports talk radio show in the country with the possible exception of Dan Patrick. In the six years that I've been listening to him, he has talked less and less about MMA and the UFC, and in the last few years he never talked about it, except maybe when Silva broke his leg. Now, Jim is wrapping about free FS1 fight night cards for entire segments. Why? Conor Mcgregor.

I believe that Conor will become the champion, dominate for years, hold two belts, and surpass GSP in popularity.

I believe his world title fight against Aldo will surpass 750K views.

I think he is by far the most marketable star and unique fighter the MMA world has ever seen. The Mcgregor era has begun.

GSP broke that on numerous occasions though, homeboi. Ireland only has 6.8 million people, Canada has 35.

The word "will" implies it hasn't already happened, which it has. Tell me one person in the world who's more popular than McGOAT.

Nope

even if he wins the belt, I doubt he pulls the numbers GSP did.

I doubt it, Canada has roughly seven times the population of Ireland.

lol Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne The Rock Johnson follow Conor's fights so I think it's safe to say Conor has fans in the USA too.

Or did you really think all of GSP's fans were in Canada and Conor's Ireland?

lol Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne The Rock Johnson follow Conor's fights so I think it's safe to say Conor has fans in the USA too.

Or did you really think all of GSP's fans were in Canada and Conor's Ireland?

When gsp fights Canada watches, that's what makes him the biggest draw. Or did you think the US gives a shit about GSP?

If McGregor doesn't tone down some of his antics he may actually lose fans. Right now he's got ppl intrigued in watching his rise, but if he keeps on going over the top, literally last night, like rushing Aldo and saying that Aldo's a spit bucket (something like that) he's going to lose fans in the long run. The majority of the Irish may stick with him regardless, but I don't think the world will want to support a cocky brash braggart or whatever bad guy role he's trying to play (even if he's just acting(?)).

I like watching McGregor fight and hope he does well. But please don't turn out like the guy ("Uzzi" Usman Ahmed) in the below video.

[YT]watch?v=RJPesST-skg[/YT]

Last edited:
When gsp fights Canada watches, that's what makes him the biggest draw. Or did you think the US gives a shit about GSP?

Canada probably only accounts for 100k -150k (which is allot considering its size). Even without Canada GSP would still be the biggest draw.

Canada is 10 times smaller then the US. There is no way they make up most of GSPs PPV buys.

Also as someone who is from Canada, when GSP fights only a small % of Canada watches. Anderson and Brock got just as many people's attention here

Back