McGregor vs Siver overnight ratings

PaulRFC53

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Last nite, UFC Fight Night on @FOXSports1 posted 1.7 ovrnite; projects to rank as net's highest-rated and most-watched @UFC event ever.

No viewership yet but for comparison Sonnen vs Shogun had a 1.3 rating and pulled in 1.78 million viewers.

That's around Adrien Broner #s for Showtime boxing. Not bad at all.

Depends on viewers per home but assuming they were the same as the show you mentioned, it would be about 2.2 million.

a guy at my work said he watches american football and the promo for the fight was all over it, so it appears it's done quite well for them

he's not quite kimbo good, but he's good! (wink)

UFC promoted this fight well.

That negated the fact that it was at least partially on against football.

If this show had aired on it's typical Saturday night slot, and without all the promotion, I still would've predicted it to break a record. 5 guys on the show have been decent to great TV or PPV draws in the past. No reason to think they wouldn't be here (Conor, Siver, Bendo, Cerrone and Tibau)

But the extra promotion offset the fact that it started off against the game and was also on an unfamiliar night.

Watching the twitter stream of the various hashtags, which is hardly a reliable source, but there looked to be a lot of first time viewers, or viewers who "werent usually into ufc"

that said, there were also a lot of tweets after the pendred decision saying "watched ufc for the first time, after that decision never again".

The money they pumped into advertising was of course going to have an effect.. It's the guys with mystique who gain their own hype that draw that the UFC really needs. This is a start.

That's around Adrien Broner #s for Showtime boxing. Not bad at all.

Broners last Showtime card (that had world title fights) did 850k. This will probably be closer to 2 million when numbers come in. Of course, Showtime has far fewer reach, but it was not as watched.

That is good considering that the NFL was on. At first I thought sunday my hurt but in reality everybody is home on sunday. I was tired as shit for work today though.

Good thing they had the ultra exciting Gleison Tibau to open the fight card!

I put it on 3 different tvs so I wouldn't miss anything.

Does that count as 3 views? Gotta boost McGregoat's ratings =]

1.7 rating would mean it did somewhere around 2.3 million viewers. I hear some people saying it probably did a 2 which would mean 3 million+ viewers. Not too bad for a fight night show

Back