McGregor vs RDA Predictions!

have you people even seen RDA's fight against pettis?

i admit he got wild when he was chasing cerrone down for the finish, but that could be excused, he knew he had him locked up and just threw everything he had at him. but to claim he's always wild is fucking retarded. he outstruck the most technical LW striker in pettis, and he did it with absolute discipline.

he can stand with conor, but i doubt he will for any extended period of time. he will put him against the cage, throw some bombs at him and take him down. RDA's wrestling is severely underrated, people think he can't wrestle because khabib threw him around for 15 minutes. he will get conor to the ground and he will hurt him there. conor is good, he is bloody dangerous, but people act as if moving up a weight class and beating the baddest motherfucker there is easy. penn looked absolutely unstoppable at 155 at the time and he nearly died when he went after GSP's belt. conor will not hold the size advantage, he will not be the stronger fighter and he will be facing a very well rounded opponent who will show him no respect at any aspect of the game.

conor could win this, but he won't. RDA will not get hurt by his shots, and he'll put him far out of his comfort zone. he's just a bad matchup for mcgregor stylistically.
Dumb comparison. Gsp was the much bigger man. Penn was a natural lw possibly even a fw. And they did fight twice you Know. Conor is the bigger man here and is going to his natural weight class.

Rda best pettis with his wrestling. Not his standup. Pettis was anticipating the takedown so much. Next your gonna tell me Cain had better standup then dos santos. Grow up. Conor is gonna starch rda and make it look easy. Rda couldn't beat Stevens. He got ktfo.

I thought all the mods agreed that any and all McGregor threads should be started in the wasteland only?

First off he's already fought several guys bigger than rda and lw is his natural weight class. Secondly, yes rda has sloppy standup. He wings punches from everywhere and he's off balanced a lot of the times. His only chance is getting it to the ground and keeping it there but that ain't happening either. Rda getting smashed out hard.

Absolutely agree with you. However the guys he fought at lw are nowhere near RDA caliber type fighters.

I have not said that RDA does not wing punches, he does. I simply said that McNuts's defense is not what is cracked up to be, so saying that RDA's only changes are getting it to the ground and keeping it there is not true with Conor's defense. He did take some bombs at FW, you have to give me that. Let's see if he can take bombs from a monster like RDA, which i think will knock Conor out standing.

Is standing the smartest way to fight Conor? Nope. RDA should take it to he ground, but saying RDA will get smashed out hard is laughable considering Conor's defense.

lol easy , to use his wrestling rda has to pressure conor to the fence and to do so he has to win the standup exchanges, ya ain't gonna happen
smh, RDA doesn't need wrestling to beat Conor, he's going to light him up

Anyone who signed up for Sherdog in 2015 or 2016 will pick Conor, and the rest of us know better,

60% RDA mixes up his game grounds him out and gets the late finish.

40% Conor finishes him in the first 5 minutes.

If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd take the dog.

Connor stays off the cage, keeps distance, picks RDA apart, takes the odd heavy punch, avoids take-down, TKOs RDA in the 2nd

Absolutely agree with you. However the guys he fought at lw are nowhere near RDA caliber type fighters.

I have not said that RDA does not wing punches, he does. I simply said that McNuts's defense is not what is cracked up to be, so saying that RDA's only changes are getting it to the ground and keeping it there is not true with Conor's defense. He did take some bombs at FW, you have to give me that. Let's see if he can take bombs from a monster like RDA, which i think will knock Conor out standing.

Is standing the smartest way to fight Conor? Nope. RDA should take it to he ground, but saying RDA will get smashed out hard is laughable considering Conor's defense.
Rda is nowhere near the standup fighter Conor is plain and simple. He just mixes everything up well. Mcgregor has p4p one of the best Chins. Rda does not. He's been ko'd hard. Rda is not gonna have power that mcgregor hasn't seen before. But rda is gonna face power he hasn't seen before. If they stand, it's over in 1. Rda will go for the take down in the first 30 seconds anyway.

lol easy , to use his wrestling rda has to pressure conor to the fence and to do so he has to win the standup exchanges, ya ain't gonna happen

Not true. Diego easily ducked Conor's punch and grabbed his waist and dragged him halfway across cage to put Conor against the fence easily.

RDA can do it too. Stop being so biased

It could be long night for Connor if RDA keeps his composure & fights smart

Dumb comparison. Gsp was the much bigger man. Penn was a natural lw possibly even a fw. And they did fight twice you Know. Conor is the bigger man here and is going to his natural weight class.

Rda best pettis with his wrestling. Not his standup. Pettis was anticipating the takedown so much. Next your gonna tell me Cain had better standup then dos santos. Grow up. Conor is gonna starch rda and make it look easy. Rda couldn't beat Stevens. He got ktfo.

and RDA is the much bigger man in this case. if conor ends up being bigger than RDA at 155, it will be a severe disadvantage for conor, because he'll be putting on a ton of weight between fights. or are you suggesting that conor's fight weight at FW is actually higher than RDA's at 155?

yes, BJ and GSP did fight twice, and how did their title fight go, when they were both dominant in their respective weight class?

so RDA didn't outstrike pettis? he was beating the piss out of him the whole first round, he went after his first takedown with 1 minute left. was he losing the first 4 minutes? and it's hilarious that you're telling me RDA couldn't beat stevens in 2008, when conor couldn't beat joe duffy in 2010. he got subbed in under 40 seconds. does that mean he sucks? or could it be that some fighters improve with time? i know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but when guys dedicate themselves to the sport they get better.

i don't mind if anyone is a fan of conor, he delivers the excitement and he's a very good fighter. but everyone shutting their eyes to the fact that he's been given favorable matchups, and acting as if moving up to 155 and even 170 is no big deal for a featherweight champ... that's just retarded. this isn't an unwinnable fight for conor, but if you can't see what kind of problems RDA presents for him, you're in for an allmighty fucking shock when they fight.

I said after the Aldo fight that I'd never bet against Conor again. Want RDA to win though

Easy win for McGregor.

RDA will telegraph his strikes like he did against Cerrone and fall face first.

All the belts and all the money go to Dublin :p

I hope this is clever sarcasm.

and RDA is the much bigger man in this case. if conor ends up being bigger than RDA at 155, it will be a severe disadvantage for conor, because he'll be putting on a ton of weight between fights. or are you suggesting that conor's fight weight at FW is actually higher than RDA's at 155?

yes, BJ and GSP did fight twice, and how did their title fight go, when they were both dominant in their respective weight class?

so RDA didn't outstrike pettis? he was beating the piss out of him the whole first round, he went after his first takedown with 1 minute left. was he losing the first 4 minutes? and it's hilarious that you're telling me RDA couldn't beat stevens in 2008, when conor couldn't beat joe duffy in 2010. he got subbed in under 40 seconds. does that mean he sucks? or could it be that some fighters improve with time? i know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but when guys dedicate themselves to the sport they get better.

i don't mind if anyone is a fan of conor, he delivers the excitement and he's a very good fighter. but everyone shutting their eyes to the fact that he's been given favorable matchups, and acting as if moving up to 155 and even 170 is no big deal for a featherweight champ... that's just retarded. this isn't an unwinnable fight for conor, but if you can't see what kind of problems RDA presents for him, you're in for an allmighty fucking shock when they fight.
Coles notes please.

Conor wins, uppercut KO. Round 3.

Back