McGregor vs Lawler next

Conor realy went for that Masvidal record haha

I also hold that unpopular opinion about the Nurmagomedov fight. He seemed compromised in some way, perhaps some injury or ring rust even. But usually I just tell myself Khabib shut him down with the deadly takedown threat.

McGregor is so offensively potent i think people forget just how high his finish rate before 2016 was..like 89% or something. Stand up with McGregor for anybody 170 division below is tough.
I think McG, after seeing him this week in media act like his old happy self and pad work, was actually telling us the truth: he didn't train, he was drinking and he messed up his foot. It's he is telling us the truth or making up excuses and conspiracy theories, which is not something Conor does, although his detractors say as much. The dvd proved his leg was torn up for the Chad fight and many other fighters would have been yanked, but he built his brand on never pulling out and ridiculing fighters that did. So, when he actually was in a hard time - which was OBVIOUS from the partying coked out videos, the rumors of him getting in to trouble, etc -he still had to show up and was going to make an extra 50 mill which would help his incentive.

You are right about his offensive potency too. He has made EVERYONE except Nate at 170 look like a child in there and blazes them in seconds, and even Nate looked terrible until Conor winded. This was no surprise at all, especially considering he had time off while training, sobered up, dedicated himself and has probably improved as he said he did. I really think we have not seen the best of Conor yet, merely got a glimpse when he fought Holloway ages ago, then he got hurt and was justifying to KO dudes because of his busted knee, then became a "Mystic Mac" head hunter. Now, he is once again a complete striking machine, beyond a left hand, but his boxing chops are likely improved from the benefit of fighting May, going back to Crumlin with Phil, and continually sparring some of the best out there. Heck, on Christmas, just a few weeks, ago, he had a bleeding charity spar with 14-0 pro, Olympic silver medalist and European champion John Joe Nevins! What fighter does that weeks before a fight, nm a massive super star? Imagine May doing an MMA spar right before Pacman?

Back