McGregor vs Lawler next

Mongoosemk12

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Imagine Lawler slamming Conor like he did Askren in this scenario.

Imagine Robbie standing there shoulder rolling and not throwing a punch.

This was a tune up fight to get his name big again. He's not going to be making millions a fight to fight guys like Lawler. Next matchup is a big name for money.

Imagine Lawler slamming Conor like he did Askren in this scenario.

Nah fam as much as I love Lawler I don't think Ruthless has it anymore. Either of Conor Gaethje or Conor Masvidal would be ideal. Only way Conor should get a title shot at LW is if Tony wins and the UFC gives him a red panties night for putting on a string of insane highlights.

Ya'll need to calm down lol. I wasn't serious about Lawler vs McGregor next. Just envisioning the ridiculous slam he would have gotten from Lawler which would have looked similar to the Askren slam. Hopefully we get McGregor vs Gaethje next or McGregor vs Masvidal. Personally I'd rather see McGregor vs Masvidal, I think Masvidal comes out giving zero fucks.

Only if it's for an interim title.

He'd destroy Lawler.
Crazy think the day would come when this was said after people once believed Lsawler would take his soul and was the worst match up for him ever. Lawler and Donald were very evenly matched, most thought Cerrone won (had that happened, he would have got a TS likely), and this victory changed lots of perceptions. We can dispel the "Perry would murk McGregor" too.

Crazy think the day would come when this was said after people once believed Lsawler would take his soul and was the worst match up for him ever. Lawler and Donald were very evenly matched, most thought Cerrone won (had that happened, he would have got a TS likely), and this victory changed lots of perceptions. We can dispel the "Perry would murk McGregor" too.

Around the end of 2016 I had doubts about my adamant opinion that Lawler would just absolutely thrash Conor.......since then I've thought...man, Conor's got some tools. His offensive skillset is just amazing really.

Completely different situations, I get that you want to see Lawler go all out 5th round on Conor but you're referring to the Askren fight, him and Conor are quite different, Askren invites grappling, and Conor holds striking distance.. but yeah Lawler is fun when he actually does something.

Around the end of 2016 I had doubts about my adamant opinion that Lawler would just absolutely thrash Conor.......since then I've thought...man, Conor's got some tools. His offensive skillset is just amazing really.
Yep. I think Conor would pick him apart and could have probably even back then, as crazy as it sounds. MMA fighters striking with Conor is just bad news. No one, aside from Da 209 Homer Simpson, has been able to withstand that early onslaught, and tho Lawler is tough, he has been stopped. Luke Thomas is hitting on just how potent Conor is early, the Kyle Dake of MMA, and I totally agree. The dude is just LIT when the lights come on. It may sound like revisionists history, but when he fought Khabib, he looked weird and like he was on roofies - coulda been the beard or whatever, but he looked like crap in pad work and even head kicked Roddy and almost KO'd his coach <45>

The only way to stop that is to have a chin or wrestle him. If you walk forward with him and those small gloves, you are in trouble.

Yep. I think Conor would pick him apart and could have probably even back then, as crazy as it sounds. MMA fighters striking with Conor is just bad news. No one, aside from Da 209 Homer Simpson, has been able to withstand that early onslaught, and tho Lawler is tough, he has been stopped. Luke Thomas is hitting on just how potent Conor is early, the Kyle Dake of MMA, and I totally agree. The dude is just LIT when the lights come on. It may sound like revisionists history, but when he fought Khabib, he looked weird and like he was on roofies - coulda been the beard or whatever, but he looked like crap in pad work and even head kicked Roddy and almost KO'd his coach <45>

The only way to stop that is to have a chin or wrestle him. If you walk forward with him and those small gloves, you are in trouble.

I also hold that unpopular opinion about the Nurmagomedov fight. He seemed compromised in some way, perhaps some injury or ring rust even. But usually I just tell myself Khabib shut him down with the deadly takedown threat.

McGregor is so offensively potent i think people forget just how high his finish rate before 2016 was..like 89% or something. Stand up with McGregor for anybody 170 division below is tough.

Back