McGregor Upped His Game (Whole Body Now A Weapon)

PitDoggMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watching the McGregor / Cerrone fight, multiple times, I don't think it was a 'fixed' fight, per se.

I think Cerrone just flat-out quit ... curred-out, sulled-up ... and basically just gave up the ghost, not wanting to take the abuse. Donald Cerrone is no longer "a fighter" in my eyes, but a caricature of a fighter. His last great effort was against Tony Ferguson, but his back-to-back blowout losses to Gaethje and McGregor should push Cerrone so far down the list, he shouldn't even be in the Top 15.

The real story, however, in my eyes, is how Conor seems to have authentically-rejuvenated himself. I also like that Conor is no longer running his mouth, like he has in the past, so he may actually win me back as a fan if he keeps this up.

I was impressed with how Conor was using his whole body as a weapon in that fight. He has become a true "martial artist" again, using every part of his body as a weapon. His shoulders, his knees, foot-stomping, elbows—Conor uses every tool he can possibly use to injure his opponent.

This is actually one of the things I like about Usman: he uses his shoulders, stomps feet, etc. also. Usman spends every second trying to hurt his opponent, in some way, with 'some' body part. I believe Conor not only is targeting Usman, he's actually learning from Usman's style.

In a similar fashion, Conor also came flying out there, almost with a flying knee, reminiscent of Jorge Masvidal's entrance against Askren. I think Conor is studying Masvidal's success as well. If you will recall, Conor used to come out fast, but always in that long "karateka stance." This time, he came running out, guns-a-blazin', flying knee, like Masvidal, and then began a series of successive blows, with everything he had, including hard shoulders, like Usman often does.

I think Conor really intends to stay at 170, to face Usman and Masvidal, so it makes sense that he's also studying both of their styles intently, adopting what's effective. Although there wasn't much to last night's fight, I think Conor is athletic enough, strong enough, fast enough, and hits hard enough that he will beat Masvidal. Badly, actually. I think Conor would destroy Justin Gaethje, who is slow and stupid compared to Conor.

All in all, I was really impressed with Conor's comeback, even though I was disappointed with the result. Conor is one of the very few people who, at his best, is a true martial artist, using many different tools, and conditioning himself in many important ways, which is what I think will put him in an advantage over most.

I don't think he will beat Usman or Khabib, but I think he can beat just about anybody else at lightweight or middleweight.

Watching the McGregor/Cerrone fight, multiple times, I don't think it was a 'fixed' fight, per se.

I think Cerrone just flat-out quit ... curred-out, sulled-up ... and basically just gave up the ghost, not wanting to take the abuse. Donald Cerrone is no longer "a fighter" in my eyes, but a caricature of a fighter. His last great effort was against Tony Ferguson, but his back-to-back blowout losses to Gaethje and McGregor should push Cerrone so far down the list, he shouldn't even be in the Top 15.

The real story, however, in my eyes, is how Conor seems to have authentically-rejuvenated himself. I also like that Conor is no longer running his mouth, like he has in the past, so he may actually win me back as a fan if he keeps this up.

I was impressed with how Conor was using his whole body as a weapon in that fight. He has become a true "martial artist" again, using every part of his body as a weapon. His shoulders, his knees, foot-stomping, elbows—Conor uses every tool he can possibly use to injure his opponent.

This is actually one of the things I like about Usman: he uses his shoulders, stomps feet, etc. also. Usman spends every second trying to hurt his opponent, in some way, with 'some' body part. I believe Conor not only is targeting Usman, he's actually learning from Usman's style.

In a similar fashion, Conor also came flying out there, almost with a flying knee, reminiscent of Jorge Masvidal's entrance against Askren. I think Conor is studying Masvidal's success as well. If you will recall, Conor used to come out fast, but always in that long "karateka stance." This time, he came running out, guns-a-blazin', flying knee, like Masvidal, and then began a series of successive blows, with everything he had, including hard shoulders, like Usman often does.

I think Conor really intends to stay at 170, to face Usman and Masvidal, so it makes sense that he's also studying both of their styles intently, adopting what's effective. Although there wasn't much to last night's fight, I think Conor is athletic enough, strong enough, fast enough, and hits hard enough that he will beat Masvidal. Badly, actually. I think Conor would destroy Justin Gaethje, who is slow and stupid compared to Conor.

All in all, I was really impressed with Conor's comeback, even though I was disappointed with the result. Conor is one of the very few people who, at his best, is a true martial artist, using many different tools, and conditioning himself in many important ways, which is what I think will put him in an advantage over most.

I don't think he will beat Usman or Khabib, but I think he can be just about anybody else at lightweight or middleweight.

He has always fought like that, just not as sharp.

He has always fought like that, just not as sharp.

No, Conor always came out with that long, "karateka stance" before ...

This time, he came out with a flying knee, like Masvidal, and then (when they clinched) formed a shoulder attack, like Usman often does.

Next we will see dick slaps.

Prior to this fight majority of us said this was a tuneup fight that wouldn’t last very long. I’m offended that folks were expecting a better match, as if they forgot that Conor is a very good fighter and Cowboy has been on a slide.

The goal of this fight was to make Conor look dominate for a bigger bout to be announced in the future.

Going to have to register himself as a deadly weapon next time he comes state side... :)

Who knows what Conor has in store for the jocksniffers. Perhaps instead of defending and trying to get up, he will put whatever that weapon is to use and concuss the leg humper

Sure he changed his style, but nothing to do with usman at all, big nosense.

The first guy I remember watching, who used his whole body as a weapon, was Marco Ruas.

I like fighters who fight like this. It's surprising most MMA fighters actually don't.

Most MMA fighters are either wrestlers/jujitsu who box, or kick-boxers who wrestle/jujitsu.

Not too many use all the available tools, and keep it constantly in their mind to do so.

Sure he changed his style, but nothing to do with usman at all, big nosense.

You're entitled to think what you want. Usman is the only welterweight who does this, and Conor has been studying him as an opponent.

It makes sense he has therefore studied what makes Usman unique and more effective than other fighters in the division.

The first guy I remember watching, who used his whole body as a weapon, was Marco Ruas.

I like fighters who fight like this. It's surprising most MMA fighters actually don't.

Most MMA fighters are either wrestlers/jujitsu who box, or kick-boxers who wrestle/jujitsu.

Not too many use all the available tools, and keep it constantly in their mind to do so.

yep.

he even shoot for a double leg vs Floydin a boxing match

true matrial artist!

king conor is back.

Next we will see dick slaps.
254005.jpg

I think he can beat just about anybody else at lightweight or middleweight.
I hope.thats was a miss type and you ment welterweight beacuse conor would get his shit pushed in by most legitimate ww let alone middle weights a dominant performance over.cerrone means jack shit in that regard son

I hope.thats was a miss type and you ment welterweight beacuse conor would get his shit pushed in by most legitimate ww let alone middle weights a dominant performance over.cerrone means jack shit in that regard son

Don't call me son, junior.

Back