McGregor the best striker Aldo has ever faced?

Mendes by far, because of TD threats. Not only can Mendes put your lights out, you have to fight differently because of his TD threat.

Conor has the better striking, but Aldo can put all his energy into paying inattention to only his striking, and his defense will be that much better.

When Conor dips low, Aldo won't have his hands down in anticipation for a TD.

buchinger_takedown.0.gif

you guys think Conor is such a great striker because his weak comp made him look good

What about cub? And Frankie is a hell of a boxer. And mendes has been doing really good in the standup after bang. Hominick is a good striker. Idk he might be but there's a good chance he isn't.

~DaViD~

Yes Conor is. But Mendes is more of threat due to the takedown threat.

The people saying Mendes was the most dangerous striker (when including McGregor in the picture) are either ignorant of the striking game or biased. McGregor is - without question - the best striker to go against Aldo.

I don't even consider him a big trash talker. He only said that he's going to beat some body and he does it.

But Aldo is better than all of McGregor's opponents... put together into one.

Yes.

But that is simply not enough.
Not sure, but I know Aldo is the best striker that McGregor has ever faced.

And the best grappler.
The best striker McGregor is likely to face throughout the entirety of his whole career, at that.

Mendes by far, because of TD threats. Not only can Mendes put your lights out, you have to fight differently because of his TD threat.

Conor has the better striking, but Aldo can put all his energy into paying inattention to only his striking, and his defense will be that much better.

When Conor dips low, Aldo won't have his hands down in anticipation for a TD.

I was thinking the same thing to be honest.

McGregor may be the best pure striker, but the new & improved Mendes may be the bestter stand up fighter because of his threat with the TD and because of his speed & quickness.

You're not sure? lol

Mendes and Edgar are pretty good strikers as well, and neither were really steam rolled on the feet against Aldo so I'm not gonna say right off the bat that they're inferior to McGregor when McGregor's best win is Poirier. So yeah, I'm not sure and I'll wait til he fights Aldo before I say something that I have no evidence to support. Probably a foreign concept on Sherdog.

Back