McGregor "The Aldo cut was the best 145 cut I've ever had and the IV was banned"

Fincher7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In response to Ariel asking him if he can still make the 145 cut on The MMA Hour airing live now.

20151211035938_5D3_4905.JPG

He looked great on fight night for that one. No surprise he is working with Lockhart all year now.

He is the cutmaster, exploring the limits of cuts.

He's 28 right now. I wonder how great that cut will be for him when he's in his 30s?

5CBqHZx.png

hi-res-8683ea85d0b97755c98cf34f6661967e_crop_exact.jpg

macaulay_culkin_heroin_addict-449x335.jpg

smart is he makes his way back to 145

An easy cut after a 145 pound fight with Mendez....
Not so easy coming from 177...

BAD cut? tell me more hahahahaha

5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

Conor says a lot of bullshit. He looked terrible at the weigh-in against Aldo, just as he has since the Siver fight.

He is a LW now. Dropping down again is the last thing he wants, and him dismissing Aldo as 'a runner' makes this pretty obvious.

You can dislike the guy and criticize him for a lot of things but you can denie his professionalism, he even made 145 when he didn`t needed, how many guys you can say that?

Yeah, people tend to forget the IV ban was already in place for that fight. Although obviously it didn't go on long enough for us to see if it had any impact on his endurance.

nothing new tbh this whole "oh he cant/wont make 145 again" narrative is 100% made-up bullshit from beta haters with 0 fucking substance

nothing new tbh this whole "oh he cant/wont make 145 again" narrative is 100% made-up bullshit from beta haters with 0 fucking substance

Dana White after Conor vs Aldo: "Kavanagh said I don't ever want him making that weight again. It's hard for him and I don't want him to do it again."

It's not that he can't make the weight. I'm sure he can kill himself making the weight another time just like cyborg does to make 140.

It's that he doesn't want to have to go through it. He thought he was going to beat RDA and never have to go back to FW again. If he beats Nate in the rematch then there's no way he's going back to FW. He'd call out Eddie right after the win.

Conor, John K, and Dana definitely were not on the same page that night.

You had Dana coming right out after the fight claiming Conor can't make 145 anymore. Then you had John K saying the cut is too much for him. Then you had Conor saying how easy the cut was and he never felt beter.

He can make 145 and it was never an issue. This is all about what avenue makes the UFC the most money with the least amount of risk.

Any fight he has going forward is going to be extremely risky so they really have to look at the pros and cons of each match up. The Diaz fight was definitely the best option for him right now, and losing this fight has significant implications to his brand going forward.

After that? He's got even more serious problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back