McGregor Speaking

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've seen interviews with him and sometimes I listen to him and the way he speaks it sounds like someone who is not a native english speaker. Is Irish (Gaelic) his first language?

He is a native english speaker, ive noticed it too im not sure why it is, i think maybe he just tries to be clearer for TV people or whatever, anytime he does an octagon interview or when you meet him he sounds 'normal'

according to the greatest source of all, wikipedia, a growing number of people in dublin having gaelic as their first language

Fair enough. I am far from an expert on Ireland, but I have spent a good amount of time there over the years. Everyone I have ever met who speaks Gaelic was either from Galway or Donegal.

according to the greatest source of all, wikipedia, a growing number of people in dublin having gaelic as their first language

Nobody from Dublin would have Gaelilge (Gaelic) as their first language

He is just trying to enunciate his words so he can be understood by everybody.

verrry few gaelic speaking areas in Ireland, none in Dublin, Conor was definitely raised speaking English

he just wants to seem more foreign to Americans and more Irish for his homeland because its better for his image. UFC Ireland can get him laid for years

I think he just isn't a very good public speaker. The ppv interview was very cringe worthy.

He probably knows a bit of Irish, it is a required subject here like english and maths.

The reason his english sounds off is because he's probably trying his best to tone down the Dublin accent. Listen to any of Paddy Holohans old videos and you'll get a better idea of why he does it.

Be thankful he's not from Cork or Kerry or 99% wouldn't have a clue what he's saying.
[YT]Omtfe7lb-gE[/YT]

probably because nobody mewvs like he mewvs, tinks like he tinks or tawks like he tawks.

Back