McGregor reveals bet with Dana White holds key to title shot

I hope after this he takes a page out of Cerrone's book and gets really busy fighting 4-5 times a year. All this talk gets really tiresome, and I'm a McGregor fan.

i always found McGregor annoying. dont particularly like his personality, and dont find him as funny as everyone else on sherdog.

Even though he hasnt beat anyone, i believe in his skills and think hes a top 5 guy and would be a tough fight for anyone in the division, including aldo.
However, if cub swanson manages to win, he definitely deserves the next title shot.
conor needs a top 5 win before getting that title shot imo. have conor fight the winner of edgar and penn to see who gets the next title shot after cub.

He's still behind the Swanson/Stephens winner. He'll be waiting till summer of 2015.

Everybody wants to be the best, but not everyone can get it. Mcgregory has already been subbed by two no-name irish fighters, he doesn't stand a chance at being the best.

McGreGOAT is in control of his own destiny, just keep winning whoever the UFC puts in front of you and you might one day be champion of the world. :icon_chee

The guys has always been an annoying personality but I don't care I don't watch MMA for personalities I watch it to see someone get beat up badly. That's what connor does and so I love watching him fight and can't wait to see him back in the cage.

Lol at him talking about title shots. Don't accept a fight with Cole Miller and then pretend you're in the running for a title shot.

Far more entertaining than anything Chael says leading up to a fight.

It'll be fun to see him live up to his own expectations or humbled on the big stage.

You can hate him but he's right: testing positive for entertaining shit talk gets you fans and title shots. Ulyimate Entertaining Championship

A fighter who's confident about his skills, oh what an annoying asshole.

.....I must be senile...that wasn't annoying to me in the least:confident?sure
Driven?ok
Goal orientated? Yup
Cocky?maybe

*if it goes to the mat
Cole>conor
If it stays standing
Conor>cole

He certainly makes me keen to watch his fights, I guess that's a good thing

i think he's got the right attitude

Most people don't seem to understand greatness. I can't knock a guy for reaching for greatness and having absolute confidence in his chances. I'm personally not very optimistic about his ability to become a champ in the UFC, let alone an all-time great, but he has become one of my favorite UFC personalities due to his confidence and his stated willingness to fight the top fighters in his class, both of which seem to be genuine unlike some others who talk big. Plus I like his fighting style and who can argue that he's the best dressed fighter in the UFC?!

Far more entertaining than anything Chael says leading up to a fight.

It'll be fun to see him live up to his own expectations or humbled on the big stage.

Agreed. Either way I'm watching!

Back