McGregor reduced to this

you people need to understand conor is done fighting.

he is a business man now. he has tons of businesses, and it turns out this whiskey thing is making him a shitload . he wouldnt spend so much time on it without it having a huge monetary payoff. this IS his job now
Come back in two years and tell us how his businesses are going. Sporting history is chock full of sportsmen turned 'businessman' who, within a few years of their retirement, are pleading bankruptcy in a court having lost the lot.

What do McGregor's businesses amount to? A single-line whiskey brand that's been panned in reviews, and a clothing brand that's styled for street punks but priced for city lawyers. Fine but both clothing and beverage are brutally competitive and it's hard to see much in the way of positives going forward. Of course, there's been money poured in to paper over weaknesses of his business model but it's all self-financed and that right there is a red flag. I wouldn't mind betting that if he'd needed professional external funding he'd have struggled to find someone prepared to finance a desk and chair for him. Yes, admittedly everything looks rosy now because his businesses are still running on the startup money that he pulled from his own pocket. And his sales are being boosted by the novelty factor and Conor's current publicity from the fight game.

Let's see an audited balance sheet in two years time when his face is no longer on the front page, the novelty factor has worn off, and the business is reliant on fresh marketing and repeat customers to finance its costs and outgoings.

i showed up at work today and did what i was supposed to

last time conor showed up at work he did everything wrong and didnt get a single thing right. nothing went his way at all

why should i look up to a guy that is getting paid to fail
He failed at the absolute pinnacle of his profession. You're probably ranked like 1000th fry cook

1Gtyo0W.gif

dFvvKkj.gif

Conor03.gif

Damn, Khabib aged Conor 50 years in one fight.

Dude looks 80 years old when he taps out

It still hurts doesn’t it?
?? I was very unbiased in my prefight. Said Conor can easily win but if Khabib gets him down its gonna be a long night. Conor didn't even get a chance to make khabib guess. Conor got taken down in the 1st 15 seconds.....so it ended up being a long night for him.

Haha his life is grander than any of ours.

He's played the game better than any ever before him.

If you don't look up to him you should.

Kudos Conor, kudos.
He's more sizzle than steak

Legacy will be great hype showman

Good (not great) fighter

Come back in two years and tell us how his businesses are going. Sporting history is chock full of sportsmen turned 'businessman' who, within a few years of their retirement, are pleading bankruptcy in a court having lost the lot.

What do McGregor's businesses amount to? A single-line whiskey brand that's been panned in reviews, and a clothing brand that's styled for street punks but priced for city lawyers. Fine but both clothing and beverage are brutally competitive and it's hard to see much in the way of positives going forward. Of course, there's been money poured in to paper over weaknesses of his business model but it's all self-financed and that right there is a red flag. I wouldn't mind betting that if he'd needed professional external funding he'd have struggled to find someone prepared to finance a desk and chair for him. Yes, admittedly everything looks rosy now because his businesses are still running on the startup money that he pulled from his own pocket. And his sales are being boosted by the novelty factor and Conor's current publicity from the fight game.

Let's see an audited balance sheet in two years time when his face is no longer on the front page, the novelty factor has worn off, and the business is reliant on fresh marketing and repeat customers to finance its costs and outgoings.

his line sold out. the whiskey is made for plebs, and they will drink it . the reviews are made by real whiskey drinkers who like weird shit, sort of like craft beer. if he spends his time promoting, then it'll keep making big money

he just does not have the look of a man who is going to continue fighting (especially in his walkout)

I don't think Conor is the best MMA fighter but he certainly made the best of what he had and is the most successful mma fighter. Being the most successful without being one of the best fighters is a huge accomplishment in itself. He has an exciting style but he has obvious holes in his game, (wrestling, gas tank etc) but because he marketed himself to the masses and broke ppv records. He's basically a better version than Chael. If Chael could back up his talk and win a title then he could have had similar success as Conor but Chael never got it done and didn't have an exciting fighting style.

I'm not a financial fan but Khabib nearly kills himself cutting to lightweight when he should be fighting welterweight so good on Conor moving up weights unlike Khabib the weight bully chicken

He can hug lightweights with his strong core but would get wrecked at Welterweight where Conor had the marbles to fight and chicken weight bully Team Tiramisu Khabibi didn't

The bum fighter called off 2 fights with Ferguson already with a failed weight cut and wants to retire rather than move up like Conor did

I'm not a hater Woodley is shorter than Khabib so they should both be fighting at Welterweight, do you think Woodley would nearly kill himself cutting to lightweight? No because he isn't a chicken like Khabibi
Yeah, look at how "the weight bully chicken" McGregor cut weight to fight manlets
d12b54479d5db99d76bb840f018b054d_crop_exact.jpg

Well good whiskeys are aged for 12 years. He only started working on this whiskey 3 years ago so thats why its only aged 3 years.

I guarantee you they will extend it to 12 years as his distillery or supplier gets older hence the name Proper 12.

Plus its a new product that will be refined many times.
I am a whiskey drinker (Bourbon) and I wouldn't drink that piss water if you paid me.

Man, people just want to find anything they can to hate on. I actually think its pretty cool that he's having a go at running a business like that. He seems to legitimately enjoy it.
Of course he does, he's Irish and it's whiskey, DUH

At least he fights any weight unlike the natural welterweight Khabib

Who cuts to lightweight for a grappling advantage and kills himself so bad doing it that he wants to retire

Khabib is taller than Woodley and wouldn't have a problem making welterweight his natural weight

He knows Woodley has no grappling or striking disadvantage and would end his career and send him back to Dagestan wrestling baby bears that have their teeth cut out with pliers though
Yeah, right Connor never cuts weight for a fight:
d12b54479d5db99d76bb840f018b054d_crop_exact.jpg

Imagine the shame of driving a truck for a living. How horrible. :rolleyes:

Back