McGregor = Psychological Warrior/ Movement Master, Anderson = Clown

Conor is the next evolution of Anderson Silva.

Conor>Silva>Mo Ali

Didn't read the thread, but agreed with the title.

Conor Bless

giphy.gif

Conor has swagger, Andy's turned into a weird eccentric?

I've always found wearing insanely tight clothes and bragging about money and cars to be tacky. But I guess "swagger" is in the eye of the beholder. Don't know how this applies to their in-cage presence.

Conor is the next evolution of Anderson Silva.

Conor>Silva>Mo Ali

Silly. Of course, I can't imagine you're being serious. Because really, Conor's only similarity to Ali is the smack talk. It isn't a good comparison when it comes to how they fight. Also, Conor is very good, but simply hasn't done or shown enough to be in the same conversation with Anderson Silva in terms of striking ability. Even if what you said was true, one would have to love Ali/Anderson for being vital in the development of McGregor.

Andersons antics cost him fights, McGregors antics are an asset.
before Anderson lost in the UFC, his antics were considered his biggest asset. There was a saying the Anderson was on the Matrix when he clowned his opponents. As soon as he lost (age 38) his antics were considered his downfall. Same can be said about Conor, he is still very young and will lose, when he does people will use all of his assets as if they were actually harmful to him or hindered his perfomance.

The difference between the two, IMO, is that AS' clowning around often results in the complete match getting stagnated every time it doesn't plan out, like he wants it to do. It's kinda like flopping for BJJ guys. Like Werdum refusing to engage in many instances against Overeem and Reem not following him to the ground when he flopped to his back.

You can't expect an opponent to go into your comfort zone out of his own free will. You gotta force him there, it's a fight, force is what's required. Sure if it works and your opponent is tricked into playing mind games, it's a good strategy. But if you know it's not working, your job is still to fight, so try something else, don't stalemate the shit out of the match and practically refuse to fight.

When McGregor taunts he still is actively bringing the offense, he is forcing his comfort zone onto his opponent. Which gives us constant action and a fight people love to see. And a fighter who is actually proving he is a better fighter, not one who is better at stalemating to the end of the match with a few points scrambled up to get that W.

Nobody in the UFC right now has the same aura of invincibility that Anderson had in his prime. Conor is great and i like him (with that said, stockton 209 what motherfucker) but at least for me he is nowhere near Anderson.

Prime Anderson was like watching Neo in the Matrix, he did things you thought where impossible. Fans that didn't watch him in his prime don't understand how dominant he was.

The difference between the two, IMO, is that AS' clowning around often results in the complete match getting stagnated every time it doesn't plan out, like he wants it to do. It's kinda like flopping for BJJ guys. Like Werdum refusing to engage in many instances against Overeem and Reem not following him to the ground when he flopped to his back.

You can't expect an opponent to go into your comfort zone out of his own free will. You gotta force him there, it's a fight, force is what's required. Sure if it works and your opponent is tricked into playing mind games, it's a good strategy. But if you know it's not working, your job is still to fight, so try something else, don't stalemate the shit out of the match and practically refuse to fight.

When McGregor taunts he still is actively bringing the offense, he is forcing his comfort zone onto his opponent. Which gives us constant action and a fight people love to see. And a fighter who is actually proving he is a better fighter, not one who is better at stalemating to the end of the match with a few points scrambled up to get that W.

Tell us how you really feel...

when it comes to fight time....I think Conor does not clown around like Silva..he trash talks...makes gestures..but does not try to go Matrix..saying all this...the whole Movement master/Movement coach is a bullshit

conor doesn't seem like he's trying to goad an opponent into making a mistake, it's mostly to setup his own offense. on the other hand silva taunts his opponents to make them flinch/make a move he can counter. not a huge fan of either, but you can see both strategies clearly work- since silva is getting older the reflex based gameplan is going to yield less finishes. I'm sure when conor is 40 it will be the same.

Anderson can clown because he is a master. Even though he lost that fight, his skill was apparent and it is amazing.

I feel fairly stoned, good sir.

More in regards to how I pointed out that one fights moving forward and the other is a counter fighter. I'm not sure about Anderson being known for "stalemating fights to win on points." Just seems... inaccurate. But congrats, must be some good shit.

I love both. Two of my favorite fighters, I love a good southpaw counter striker. McGregor is very much a counter puncher as well but he also pressures his opponents and is willing to lead, where as Silva fights more off the back foot and is allergic to throwing the first strike if it's going to leave him open.

I'm all for antics as long as they dont halt the action.

I may get flamed for this, but I think that Anderson's in cage antics have been exposed by the likes of Weidman and Bisping. Opponents used to get flustered and freeze up when he would pull out some of the more unusual martial movements during fights, so they worked to his advantage; however Weidman and Bisping showed that if you keep pressuring him when he does this it really has little advantage.

Conor does not really 'clown' in the cage, he will talk to the opponent and may give them the finger or whatever but during the actual confrontation, when they are engaged in combat, he is all business...which is to his advantage.

Revisionist history at it's finest. We were all in awe of the man not that many years ago.

More in regards to how I pointed out that one fights moving forward and the other is a counter fighter. I'm not sure about Anderson being known for "stalemating fights to win on points." Just seems... inaccurate. But congrats, must be some good shit.

That's a good summary of the difference in strategy. To me it's neat that even though they are that different they both work at a high level. I gotta wonder what a super aggressive silva (kinda like if anderson fought with pride wanderlei's aggression) would look like. In conor's case I don't think it would help him to be less aggressive and counter strike on his heels.

Don't 'like' either one but always enjoy their fights except when the antics overshadow the sport. Silva's in fight antics are the worst, now that he's lost a step. He no longer has the "aura" because he no longer has the same speed and is paying the price. He's 40, no sense mentioning he and Conor in the same sentence unless you're comparing careers which would be laughable as Conor has yet to defend a title.

Mcgregor hasn't gotten wrecked doing it, and he can actually fight both forward and back unlike Anderson who has overrated boxing

Back