McGregor: Nate hit the lottery last time

Seems like McGregor has officially gone back on most things he was against

He first stated that he never prepares for an opponent, and confirmed recently that he's brought in guys specifically for Diaz. And now he's saying that Nate got lucky, when at one point he stated that there is no luck in MMA and that if you mean to do something and it happens, it's fair game.

I wonder how he feels about the Aldo win than? With his logic, that fight could have been lucky as well. The difference is, Nate didn't catch him with a submission...he literally broke him into taking a bad shot.

I like McGregor, but I'm feeling another L for him against Diaz
News flash, it's called..get this.. SELLING THE FIGHT. So what if he brings in people to help him adjust the Nate's size/reach. When Aldo moves up to fight at 155-170 come back to us.

And Conor got struck by lightning. Her had RDA get injured and took Nate as replacement and changed the course of his life. Before Alvarez KOd RDA, I thought Conor had a good chance of doing, it. After seeing Eddie do it, I think it was even more likely. Conor would have been 2 division champ and might be fighting Lawler tonight, lol, now he's looking at his 2nd straight loss.

Considering the fact that he's already been hypocritical enough to go back on his own philosophy of "Never training for the opponent"...chances are he really believes Nate got lucky
Wouldn't that imply he *doesn't* really believe Nate got lucky?

If he thought Nate just got lucky, wouldn't he just continue to not train for a specific opponent? That he's training for Nate means he's taking him more seriously.

News flash, it's called..get this.. SELLING THE FIGHT. So what if he brings in people to help him adjust the Nate's size/reach. When Aldo moves up to fight at 155-170 come back to us.
Aldo wanted to fight for the title at 155. But the UFC said he'd have to vacate the FW belt.

They allowed Conor to move up without vacating.

Don't throw shade on Aldo like he didn't want to move up.

Nate was lucky he was on a boat in Cabo. Had he been in the gym training, he'd have been passed over. Same thing happened to Edgar, and they went with hunting trip Mendes instead.

Aldo wanted to fight for the title at 155. But the UFC said he'd have to vacate the FW belt.

They allowed Conor to move up without vacating.

Don't throw shade on Aldo like he didn't want to move up.
Yeah yeah i keep hearing this "Aldo wanted" bullshit, he either did it or he didn't.

Yeah yeah i keep hearing this "Aldo wanted" bullshit, he either did it or he didn't.
Huh? He DID want it. We know this, he asked for the LW title fight. But he wasn't going to vacate. What's so hard for you to comprehend?

They gave Conor preferential treatment, and so Conor went up since he didn't have to vacate.

It shouldn't exactly come as a surprise that the guy is a hypocrite. There's hardly a word that comes out of his mouth that is true when he's in front of a microphone. He's basically a pro wrestler in terms of what he says. Not a bad fighter, even a very good one, just not nearly as great as he says he is. He's full of it. I love that Nate's the guy to show that to the world. It couldn't be more perfect.

fair play, couldnt remember what they were talking about in the interview for proper context. I stand corrected :)
giphy.gif

Yeah, so? Who was expecting him to say anything else? He has a rematch to hype and the easiest narrative to sell is he got lucky. Whether that's true or not will be confirmed in 3 weeks but there's nothing shocking about his statement.

Conor also said he was back on UFC-200 and thanked Dana and Lorenzo for getting the deal done.

This isn't exactly Captain Credibility we're yapping about here.

Huh? He DID want it. We know this, he asked for the LW title fight. But he wasn't going to vacate. What's so hard for you to comprehend?

They gave Conor preferential treatment, and so Conor went up since he didn't have to vacate.
Yeah i heard this before, i heard that about a lot of fighters. "They wanted to but such and such"ts all bullshit as far as im concerned, they either did or they didn't and Aldo certainly didn't but yeah...he wanted to.

He said that Nate got lucky in the fight.
yeah thats already been pointed out, I wasnt sure what context he was meaning..... he also says it in the extended preview, says something like "he got lucky, he won the lottery you could say" or close to that

Yeah i heard this before, i heard that about a lot of fighters. "They wanted to but such and such"ts all bullshit as far as im concerned, they either did or they didn't and Aldo certainly didn't but yeah...he wanted to.
You are in some form of denial.

Due to your bias, you don't want to believe that he tried to move up. Therefore you simply deny it. It's nonsense.

If the UFC hadn't said he'd have to vacate, we would've seen Aldo fighting for the LW title a while ago. But I think they didn't want to risk Aldo winning.

You are in some form of denial.

Due to your bias, you don't want to believe that he tried to move up. Therefore you simply deny it. It's nonsense.

If the UFC hadn't said he'd have to vacate, we would've seen Aldo fighting for the LW title a while ago. But I think they didn't want to risk Aldo winning.
It has nothing to do with denial, he didn't move up to fight that's all there is too it. Everything else is an excuse, i know you don't like to hear this but that's what it is.

Nate shouldn't of even got the fight

That's in the past now

Mcgreatgor coming for nates scalp

a person willing to accept his mistakes and correct them for the future will succeed
not sure that person is conor though and nate definitely hit the lottery fight purse wise, fight wise ,no lottery, just plain old MMA

Back