Mcgregor may have made at least $10 million for ufc 189

Betting on yourself to win in any fashion isn't illegal. Betting on your opponent to win would be illegal, since you can throw the fight to lose and win that bet.

Betting on the finish and the round would compromise the integrity of the entire fight. He has to go for broke, swinging wild and taking risks, with a few minutes left in round 2. Plus bookies wouldn't touch it for fear of collusion. You might be able to bet to win in individual sports but that would be about it.

Rose was banned from baseball just betting to win because as manager it still messes with the integrity of the game, maybe bringing in pitchers early in a rotation you normally never would have and things like that. But individual sports betting to win is probably ok. I don't think there is any way they can legally bet the round.

Look at the whole thing with Pac and people suing because he didn't disclose an injury and what it meant for the product and the betting line. Imagine if you found out after a fighter lost because he was trying recklessly to get a KO in a certain round because he bet on it or could have had a win in the 1st round but held off and then later lost or even just for those that bet on him to win in the first? There would be riots.

If you're popular enough and you put the idea out there that you're pulling in lots of skrilla, the rumor that you actually started just might become fact. That's what rappers and other celebs do.

See: The rumors about Marilyn Manson, Gaga, & Ke$ha actually being super smart geniuses. Jay-Z & Diddy being 'moguls', etc.

This shameless and deliberate attempt at mimicking Mayweather's 'Money' persona is just getting embarrassing at this point. The guy doesn't have an ounce or originality in his entire body.

You can brag about having made 10+ million despite your costs. He isn't saying "I have a 10 million account balance!!" he's saying that's what he earned. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

He doubt he has more than 1 mill in his account.

Then you must be of the very rarest calibre imbecile then.

No I think you are lol. From what I've seen , he spends his money as quick as he earns it. He will be broke just like sport multi millionaires.

No I think you are lol. From what I've seen , he spends his money as quick as he earns it. He will be broke just like sport multi millionaires.

Yeah that's one way to stay hungry.

I'd do the same. The reason why you would not is the reason you'll never get the chance.

Yeah that's one way to stay hungry.

I'd do the same. The reason why you would not is the reason you'll never get the chance.

Spoke like a true youngster. You must think you know all about life huh?

You know how many guys without millions in the bank that I know of that get the Las Vegas strip shut down with body doubles added to shoot a promo for them headlining a major sporting event? None. The UFC has invested MILLIONS into Conor, it's a matter of fact. Dana has already mentioned it. They know that he brings the numbers and he proves it, look at the records he holds at the moment for live gate, FOX viewership, weigh-in attendance and so on.

Mine? Certainly.

You love dragging people into these arguments and responding with an immature comment and the rolling your eyes emote. Find something productive to do.

Also, there's no way he made anywhere near $10mill for that event alone.

I doubt he has a lot of overhead that others do. He brags about how the ufc puts him up for free and flies in hhis training partners.

You think other big stars/champions have to pay for their own plane tickets/hotel rooms for them and their cornermen when they headline main cards? You think plane tickets and hotel rooms for a week cut that heavily into $300,000+ paydays? Come on, son.

Incredible math!

Now add a 3million dollar bet where he successfully picked the round and method, and then add all his sponsors who he has enticed to stack bonuses for him while his winningspree extends.

So, how high have we gotten?

Thats not how betting works simply saying something ill be 1 billion that ronda wins this weekend does not make it a valid bet

You love dragging people into these arguments and responding with an immature comment and the rolling your eyes emote. Find something productive to do.

Also, there's no way he made anywhere near $10mill for that event alone.

Your claims of knowledge are pathetic, your view that I was dragging anyone a sure sign of bias, and your advice to do something productive is not only misdirected, but a sure sign of your stupidity.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. Because I respect you and feel that you're a knowledgeable poster, especially regarding the economics and contracts of Conor Mcgregor. Oh and Herpderp. Don't forget the herp.

Thats not how betting works simply saying something ill be 1 billion that ronda wins this weekend does not make it a valid bet

Your point being that you don't think the bet exists?

Lol, good on you then. But anything Conor says may be a lie then, and that's not what we're discussing. Disbelieve it all if you want to, keep doubting what he'll do to Aldo aswell while you're at it.

I seriously doubt that. GSP himself said that made 4-5 M per fight for his last several fights, and Dana said GSP was the UFC PPV king and highest paid fighter in MMA in 2013. That was two years ago though. However, I seriously doubt Conor made twice what GSP made. Do not believe everything you read.

now that Conor's made it, will his middle class fans still find him relatable and likable?

Like, they were calling it in at Jon Jones for showing off and all that.

With all the McMoney and his lavish lifestyle, how long before the bandwagon fans get butthurt and turn on him?

He's basically a Young Irish Mayweather in personality on cam. Think about it.

Back