McGregor is a boss

Lol what the UFC was the original brand and pioneer of MMA, they had a head start and a virtual monopoly until Pride came but the UFC prevailed. And we don’t even know the sales of Proper 12 and Conor’s true net worth but the man is truly self made.

Sure bud sure.
Its not like anybody have tried to compete after Pride and its not like Bellator is owned by a rich media company.

But you do you.
At least it makes you sleep at night.

I have made it perfectly clear in this thread who I am a fanboy of. They have been knocked out. It did suck. Last time it happened was over a year ago however so I assure you I am fine.
lol no you're not...you're in every Conor thread defending his honor...spouting "legacy"...last night was his legacy...exposed as a mediocre fighter...with a good left cross...

Nope, I can separate the fighter from their fan base unlike 99.9 percent of you idiots
You think beating fuckin Nate Diaz or what’s left of Tony will bring Conor right back into title contention? He don’t deserve a shot unless he beats the likes of Gaethje, Oliviera, or chandler.

Ts so you respect him for how he reacted to a loss but turn a blind eye to how terrible he acted after beating Aldo?

He is slightly above average at best in terms of overall skill. He has barely an average ground game, his takedown defense actually is very good. His boxing isn't great, its efficient due to his excellent counter-punching. His left hand is where his true power comes from, but he doesn't have one punch knockout power. He has beaten some very good fighters pre-championship days, they built him up and he delivered. Once he beat Aldo, he was given his fights, due to his immense popularity.

He had an average career as a "personality" which drew the casual fan base in, which is where the money is at. However, the fame and fortune of what he never had, became overwhelming to him. The partying, the wild lifestyles, etc. He lost to a fighter who ate every single punch he had and clearly underestimated him in Nate Diaz and barely, barely escaped with the rematch. He got dominated by the best LW in the world in Khabib and surely was given a walk thru in Cerrone and everyone bought into the hype again after a rapid finish. Maybe he did too. Which is why the key to beating Conor has always been, to whether to early storm of punches attack his base, and watch him crumble under pressure. One thing McGregor never was, was a fighter who could come back under pressure, the fighter who lost that hunger that Dana White was talking about last night at the presser.

If we are talking strictly gate, McGregor is the greatest draw in UFC history. As strictly a fighter? He was slightly above average overall. His pre championship profile was excellent, after that he was below average. Plus he really wasn't a very good "mic" guy. His trash talked wasn't very good at all.

He's like a street level boss, shooting out dimebags.

But what does the faux humbleness tell us?

Hes grown accustomed to losing. He has accepted it into his psyche. The aura and self confidence has gone. He is no longer 'the notorious'.

Just a washed up irishman, trying to play his once lit card...

He always takes his L well at the post fight pressed but he'll wine about this loss for the first of his life with lame ass excuses.

Conor handled this loss like a fucking boss. His presser afterwards made me even more of a fan. He complimented Dustin's strategy, talked about how his leg got fucked up and how great Dustin's defense was out there.

" I have no excuses out there, amazing performance by Dustin out there"

If Conor didn't bring in so many new fans that can be annoying as shit none of y'all would be celebrating his loss like this. I get flaming his fans on here and trolling a bit but some of the "Conor was never any good" talk I just don't get. Dustin beating you doesnt mean you suck lol

His legacy as the greatest prize fighter in MMA history is sealed.

Moving forward I think a fight vs Tony or Nate is on the horizon and a win vs either gets the hyperbole train right back on the tracks.
I love seeing Conor get humbled. Great justice last night.

You think beating fuckin Nate Diaz or what’s left of Tony will bring Conor right back into title contention? He don’t deserve a shot unless he beats the likes of Gaethje, Oliviera, or chandler.
When did I say he would be in title contention with a win over Tony?
lol no you're not...you're in every Conor thread defending his honor...spouting "legacy"...last night was his legacy...exposed as a mediocre fighter...with a good left cross...
Because to me the "knowledgeable" fans bashing Conor the fighter is more annoying then the newbie fans saying obnoxious things about Conor the fighter.

The newbies have an excuse thinking Conor was the greatest fighter ever because that's what the UFC sold them. They don't have any other reference in their memory banks.

Some of the shit the OG fans have said about Conor is just dishonest and blatantly hating. Acting like he doesn't have great wins in his career or his fights are fixed or whatever. If Conor won 100 percent there would be "the fight was fixed" threads and y'all know it. Tearing down the legacy of the sport just to tear down a fighter you don't like drives me nuts. That kind of thing happens with Conor 100 times more then anybody else on here, thus you see me "defending" his honor more then anybody else on here.

Conor handled this loss like a fucking boss. His presser afterwards made me even more of a fan. He complimented Dustin's strategy, talked about how his leg got fucked up and how great Dustin's defense was out there.

If Conor didn't bring in so many new fans that can be annoying as shit none of y'all would be celebrating his loss like this. I get flaming his fans on here and trolling a bit but some of the "Conor was never any good" talk I just don't get. Dustin beating you doesnt mean you suck lol

Moving forward I think a fight vs Tony or Nate is on the horizon and a win vs either gets the hyperbole train right back on the tracks.

How often does one make posts CELEBRATING their favorite fighter losing like its a good thing? OUTRIGHT CELEBRATING.

"He lost so fuckin hard bro, it was the most legit loss ever recorded, p4p GOAT after that incredible performance."

Like yea guy you're so legit humble about this and not a Conor troll - almost like those 1000+ Conor apologism posts don't exist.

"Show us where the irishman hurt you." get checked and get help bro.

When did I say he would be in title contention with a win over Tony?

Because to me the "knowledgeable" fans bashing Conor the fighter is more annoying then the newbie fans saying obnoxious things about Conor the fighter.

The newbies have an excuse thinking Conor was the greatest fighter ever because that's what the UFC sold them. They don't have any other reference in their memory banks.

Some of the shit the OG fans have said about Conor is just dishonest and blatantly hating. Acting like he doesn't have great wins in his career or his fights are fixed or whatever. If Conor won 100 percent there would be "the fight was fixed" threads and y'all know it. Tearing down the legacy of the sport just to tear down a fighter you don't like drives me nuts. That kind of thing happens with Conor 100 times more then anybody else on here, thus you see me "defending" his honor more then anybody else on here.
Meh...the OG fans knew what Conor was...UFC tried to forced Conor down their throats to buy his schtick...everybody knows he had no plans to defend the title...he's more interested in getting a gifted LW titleshot by beating Nate Diaz....vs. the weakest champ LW ever had....everybody knew he won't beat Khabib...nothing for Khabib...get dominated by Khabib....tapped...UFC gave him Cerrone to make him look good and everybody forgets....I won't go as far as calling him a fraud....he's a legit fighter but nothing spectacular than the top10 LW...

Jus
Conor is GOAT. Its just sad how his haters downgrade everything he has achieved even though its evident thats hes most succesful prize fighter and business man in whole business.
Just not the most successful fighter.

Nope, I can separate the fighter from their fan base unlike 99.9 percent of you idiots
Maybe so, maybe not, whatever that means. My question was directed to him being the greatest prize fighter ever. Highest moneymaker (in MMA), sure. Greatest? No way. In MMA, there's DJ, AS, JBJ, Fedor etc. In combat sports period, Floyd, Ali, Tyson, etc.

Yep, he handled it amazingly. I wasn't a fan of his personality before, but after the press conference I'm a fan.

My respect for Conor has gone up as well. He showed up to his presser after being KTFO and his leg being totally dismantled. Unlike some champs that go straight to the hospital or go home, he showed up. He was super respectful with his call out of Khabib (whos been doing a lot of trash talking post fight.)

Win or lose, cocky or not, he shows up to fight.

Maybe so, maybe not, whatever that means. My question was directed to him being the greatest prize fighter ever. Highest moneymaker (in MMA), sure. Greatest? No way. In MMA, there's DJ, AS, JBJ, Fedor etc. In combat sports period, Floyd, Ali, Tyson, etc.
DJ, AS,JBJ ,Fedor,ECT combined were not nearly as successful as "prize" fighters and I clearly said in MMA

I am not saying he is the most skilled fighter ever I am saying he is the most successful prize fighter which he is by a giant margin.

Back