McGregor: I would knock Floyd out cold in seconds

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He also thinks this fight would generate more money than Mayweather vs Pac

UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor believes he could beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight, he told The Guardian on Monday.

“In a real fight, I would dismantle him in seconds,” McGregor said. “Ronda would dismantle him in seconds—100%. When you don’t know how to grapple you don’t stand a chance. For us, it’s like playing with a baby.

“Ronda is a judo Olympian. She would throw Floyd on his head in a second. Me? I would knock him out. Cold.”
http://www.si.com/mma/2015/08/11/ufc-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight-challenge

I think McGregor would win but he is bragging about beating a 39 year old boxer who is about to retire in Conor's own sport.

He would not beat Floyd on the feet so he would not KO Floyd in seconds

Might as well play heel and say he can beat Floyd in boxing

Last edited:
I don't get why the obvious is newsworthy just because it involves Mayweather.

Conor reaching for that Mayweather money

Hard to disagree. Most top boxers lose to top mma guys in a real fight.

What's a real fight? Like if they met in the streets? Because McGregor probably gets stomped by about five 350 pound bodyguards in the streets. Anyway, McGregor just wants a piece of the pie, can't really blame him.

I agree, Ronda would probably beat him faster then McGregor would

hed easilly beat floyd on the feet in an mma fight.

He got destroyed by Mendes handspeed on the feet.

Mendes has a better chance of beating Floyd on the feet than Conor does

hed easilly beat floyd on the feet in an mma fight.

Yes he would, Floyd wouldn't survive 1 round. It's all irrelevant but it'd be fun to watch Floyd get put in his place just once. God that guy sucks

Mayweather is in the 300m dollar business, Conor just a little fish in the game

No he wouldn't despite what people say he has an iron chin and heart.

Me too, to us sherdog black belts all of these bums are nothin

Me and any other black belt would destroy Conor and Floyd in a tag team match

http://www.si.com/mma/2015/08/11/ufc-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight-challenge

I think McGregor would win but he is bragging about beating a 39 year old boxer who is about to retire in Conor's own sport.

Might as well play heel and say he can beat Floyd in boxing

Yes he would, very easily. Floyd has two hands. That's it. Conor uses all 8 limbs and has knockouts and knockdowns with kicks and elbows. In a street fight, MMA fight, kickboxing or Muay Thai fight Mayweather would get smashed in seconds.

He got destroyed by Mendes handspeed on the feet.

Mendes has a better chance of beating Floyd on the feet than Conor does

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog. Mendes' hand speed wasn't a problem for McGregor. I've already proven this. Watch the fight in slow motion and you'll see Mendes only landed 4 good clean punches on the feet in their fight. Mendes doesn't have Conor's footwork, timing or defense. His offense isn't as good either. Conor literally does everything better than Mendes when it comes to striking.

mma fighters need 2 stop leeching off of actually successful athletes

I think McGregor would win but he is bragging about beating a 39 year old boxer who is about to retire in an Conor's own sport.

The obsession that sherdog has with Floyd is just fucking creepy but Dana and his fighters mentioning Floyd every chance they get is pathetic, you can talk all you want about whooping his ass but guess what? Floyd still gives zero fucks who any of these people are no matter how much the topic is forced down his throat.

Ffs UFC is reminded me of those girls in high school that talk all that shit about the popular chick but secretly wished they were bff's and would be happy to even be acknowledged by them, lmao 😂

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog. Mendes' hand speed wasn't a problem for McGregor. I've already proven this. Watch the fight in slow motion and you'll see Mendes only landed 4 good clean punches on the feet in their fight. Mendes doesn't have Conor's footwork, timing or defense. His offense isn't as good either. Conor literally does everything better than Mendes when it comes to striking.

Watch how many times Mendes tagged Conor. Mendes would drop him at least once or twice in a rematch

Back