McGregor: I’ve spent $300,000 on camp for Diaz rematch

299,999k went too touch butt. what a waste of money

I would spend that much too if I had the money. Esp after getting embarrassed the way he did n opening his mouth as if he cleaned out the division

Conor McGregor is scheduled for the biggest fight of his career, a rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 202, the man who handed him his only loss in the UFC Octagon.

Diaz was a late replacement for Rafael Dos Anjos and McGregor fought him at welterweight on less than two weeks notice. Diaz submitted McGregor in the second round.

McGregor was then scheduled to fight Diaz again at UFC 200, but was pulled from the card after failing to meet media obligations required by his UFC contract.

The fight was rescheduled for UFC 202 in the main event, and speaking to the media, McGregor has said he is preparing for this fight better than any fight he’s ever had. And for him, that means investing a considerable amount of money:

“With gyms, cars, transport, flights, accommodations — I’d estimate we’re talking a $300,000 camp here,” McGregor told ESPN.

“This is a big, big expense — but what I make is big. So, in the bigger picture, it’s rather small.”

McGregor’s reported purse to the Nevada State Athletic Commission for UFC 196 was $1 million, although he makes much more in undisclosed pay-per-view bonuses.

In addition to head coach John Kavanagh and coach Owen Roddy, McGregor has employed a masseuse, a performance coach, a movement coach, a nutritionist and various sparring partners for this recent camp.

Grappling partner Dillon Danis, from New York, was flown to Dublin, then Las Vegas. Irish middleweight boxer Conor Wallace was brought in to mimic Diaz’s striking style. A videographer is also part of the camp, to publish promotional videos for McGregor on a regular basis.

The camp is based out of a six-bedroom mansion that sits on a two-acre lot. It was last sold for $2.5 million.

source: espn.com
lol

Conor is about to learn that there are some things you just can't buy... ;)

He'll be making close to 15 million. With the amount of ppv sales this thing does, he's going to make a ton.
He could make all he wants.....come Saturday night is going to get beat up by a Stockton thug

if you have that much money, and taking your job seriously is an investment for a greater return, why not?

He should have invested it on the ambulance he'll be leaving in.
Or a new Build-a'Bear suit.

This reminds me of some Ivan Drago VS Rocky Balboa type shit.

For someone who only lost because of "cardio", that sure is a lot of money for a training camp. 5 racks on a good bike surely should have been enough lol

He'll be making close to 15 million. With the amount of ppv sales this thing does, he's going to make a ton.
LOL they can barley sell tickets and have slashed prices twice

But somehow hes going to get 15 mil LOL

Don't forget it's a 19 week training camp as he once stated. 2k a day on average to bring in top end people and their travel and food expenses sounds believable. He's gotta cover people's income too that they might lose by being out in Dublin for weeks.

Rampage claimed to spend $1m on his camp for Jones and still got his ass whooped.

Since his paycheck will be over 30 times as much, it equals pretty much nothing for him.

He's gotta reduce his crew

But i remember him saying he flew people to iceland etc. flights hotels, meals , salaries for trainers etc

Adds up

Cant buy a chin

That's just him being flashy. He wants to convince us he'll set MMA's most expensive loss.

Give up, Conor, we had people losing their contracts after a while overweight and on PEDs.

Back