McGregor ground game

BJ's motivation in Frankie vs. BJ 3 > Mighty Mouse's drawing power > Conor's ground game > Rousey's striking

I'm not a fan of the guy at all, and his BJJ looks like it wasn't very good in 2012, but everyone started somewhere.

if aldo has a brain he'll take it straight to the ground

I'm not a fan of the guy at all, and his BJJ looks like it wasn't very good in 2012, but everyone started somewhere.

Everyone started somewhere, doesn't mean they got far tho. BJJ-wise, of course.

Everyone started somewhere, doesn't mean they got far tho. BJJ-wise, of course.

Yeah, I don't think his ground game is very good, but I don't see the use in dredging up a 2012 video to illustrate that.

McClown's ground game consists of looking at the judge begging to be stood up. That's about it :icon_lol:

And Mendes ground game consists of LnP and complaining about perfectly legal elbows by Conor from the bottom.

I guess you missed the part where Conor shutdown 90% of Chads ground offense and got back up to TKO him.

He really needs a good bottom game if he wants to reign a long time. That's if he can even beat Aldo. His TDD is nonexistent. A good wrestler with a full camp and good gameplan of lay and pray beats him no doubt.

What you are looking at is b-jj v's mma-jj

Listen to this interview with G Nelson, Conors training partner, taken prior to 189

"every time when we are training JJ now we're... in my mind its for mma.. so even if we are not striking I don't go into positions that I know are very dangerous for mma "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SaQGyY6CSY

Now watch this video again and look at Conors posture and placement of his head and arms vs his opponents when in guard and ask yourself who is in a better position to deliver some ground-and-pound in any given situation. Take for example time 5.27 and imagine Conor delivering some vicious elbows on top of his opponent's head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvIuwZ2PMc

What i see is Conors vastly superior mma-jj but then again this is b-jj tournament and Conor loosing was expected.

And Mendes ground game consists of LnP

rmdSxh.jpg

he was exposed, even if he did manage to win the fight. anyone watching objectively saw it. it's only a matter of time before he gets submitted again, and it will probably happen sooner rather than later.

Conor has poor TDD and poor BJJ everyone knows that today.

Except for Conor

his ground game is serviceable at best. someone will expose it sooner or later.

Back