McGregor fighting next week is very surreal

Conor is a draw, just an exposed not very relevant fighter as far as skills are concerned.

Like Brock.

He refuses to fight at 170 because he knows what would happen so if Conor could beat these guys Khabib wants nothing to do with...

I understand you Conor pabs don’t have anything else but stop living in the what ifs. Conor can barely say Jorges name out loud without stumbling. There is no way he’s going to fight Usman.

Anyone else having a little trouble fathoming that this is actually happening? Like Anderson Silva back when he snapped his shin in half and then had the shit hanging by a flap of skin after he tried to plant the shit back on the mat again.

It's like a millennial being able to go back in time to witness a live event with Ali in his prime

Khabib should've killed him when he had the chance. We are about to witness in real time, a historic, legendary run. The 155 and 170 divisions cannot hide forever. How lucky are we?
Because fighting a washed up Cowboy is like fighting a prime Frazier or Foreman? I'm not knocking Cowboy, but this fight is irrelevant. Cowboy's just there for the paycheck, which I have no problem with.

Anyone else having a little trouble fathoming that this is actually happening? Like Anderson Silva back when he snapped his shin in half and then had the shit hanging by a flap of skin after he tried to plant the shit back on the mat again.

It's like a millennial being able to go back in time to witness a live event with Ali in his prime

Khabib should've killed him when he had the chance. We are about to witness in real time, a historic, legendary run. The 155 and 170 divisions cannot hide forever. How lucky are we?

Meh Conor's an idiot so he'll keep messing up. He's like Jones but not as talented so he won't win every fight regardless and get a million chances. Also as a LW it's not really smart jacking around in your prime. He's 31. That's getting darn near old for LW.

Conor coming for all those belts. He's going to fight Usman "something Khabib would never dream of doing". Will make Khabib look very bad if he wins that 170lb belt.
Khabib stopped Conor, if anything makes him look even more impressive in doing it, only opening the door at Khabib going after Conor for that WW belt, that was fantasy matchmaking at its finest.

Khabib stopped Conor, if anything makes him look even more impressive in doing it, only opening the door at Khabib going after Conor for that WW belt, that was fantasy matchmaking at its finest.
Conor will never beat Usman. Lol

It feels like theres very little hype behind this fight, no big fight atmosphere. Personally it feels not different than any other card

McGregor fighting next week is very surreal

Anyone else having a little trouble fathoming that this is actually happening?

giphy.gif
My head it feelz like it's 2016 again...

Get a life man..

All the haters that say "Conman is irrelevant" will be watching with as much emotionally invested as his most devout nut huggers. Like him or hate him, EVERYONE gets hyped AF for a Conor fight and it is always a huge party. Guaranteed this card, as weak as the under card is, out performs Khabib and Tony by whopping margins, even tho that card is better and the main event is more beloved by the hardcore fans

I'll be watching for free and even then I barely care enough to make the trek to the bar to watch this one fight on a bad card. Conor is irrelevant in the sense that he hasn't won a fight in years and the last fight he lost was a non controversial loss to the champ. I doubt he fights as often as he is boasting that he will.

@IamStryker

I'll be watching for free and even then I barely care enough to make the trek to the bar to watch this one fight on a bad card. Conor is irrelevant in the sense that he hasn't won a fight in years and the last fight he lost was a non controversial loss to the champ. I doubt he fights as often as he is boasting that he will.

Im with you that the Khabib Tony fight is better for hardcore fans - which I'd put myself in the class of. That said, the BMF fight was not nearly as relevant to almost any title fight but was still fun and still probably drew better.

Sure, "Conor has not won in years", but he also has lost only 1 out of his four last title fights, 17-2 in the past 19, and is still the lineal FW champ. It seems like everyone is jacked about GSP returning when he has fought much less, and is actually likely way out of his prime. This fight most importantly will just show us how excited we can get about Conor and will measure if it merits getting hyped about him or he is done. If he can't beat Cowboy, forget it - which the chance exists.

I still think it draws better than any card since the Khabib fight, and will break records for ESPN+. Had it been on PPV, I bet you'd have to go back to UFC 100 to find anything that will out perform it. Conor is a mega star and appeals to the casuals.

Khabib don't need to kill him, alcohol will

You're right TS. Its surreal to see him fighting and not tweeting or sucker punching old people.

I don't feel like there's much hype at all.
Unfortunately there will be some false hype after he wins.

Back