Mcgregor doesn't want to take a long break. Wants to come back early 2017 (Video)

No, they stripped him because they needed to sell Holloway vs Pettis as a legitimate main event for UFC 206 and the only way to do that (in their minds) was to make it over an Interm Title, and it would have been stupid to have two Interm Titles or to strip Aldo of the other one. Sacrifices sometimes have to be made, even if it's the golden boy Conor McGregor.

This makes no sense at all. Conor being a double title holder and eventually defending this belt against Aldo is worth much more that a freaking interim belt headliner between Max and Pettis. I know that it's fun to rip on the UFC but when it comes to running a promotion, they are not this stupid/shortsighted. Come on man...

This makes no sense at all. Conor being a double title holder and eventually defending this belt against Aldo is worth much more that a freaking interim belt headliner between Max and Pettis. I know that it's fun to rip on the UFC but when it comes to running a promotion, they are not this stupid/shortsighted. Come on man...

Even large organizations can make short-sighted decisions at times. To me, it's enough to believe that they panicked and needed a way to save a PPV that was less than two weeks away and this was their way of doing it.

If those corporate bastards hadn't stripped him of his Featherweight belt, he could have defended that in a rematch against either Aldo or Holloway as a way of "establishing his dominance over the FW division one last time" before vacating it and putting his entire focus on the Lightweight division. Instead, they just took it from him, without even asking. It made sense at the time and I didn't even disagree with it per se, but they look pretty stupid for doing so now.

Featherweight division aside, I want him to fight Tony Ferguson next. The Khabib match-up is intriguing and it'd suck to never see Tony vs Khabib, but Ferguson is the more deserving contender right now and that's a fight I'd like to see.

"without even asking"

LOL

he racks disciprin.

needs fight to focus, otherwise too much sex, drugs, booze, and sex.

Would you take 10 months off work because you missus is up the duff?
If I could yes absolutely. In fact I did when our son was born.

But I knew what his arrival date was. Which is what my comment was about

In Conor's words (approx): "the weight is there to make, gotta find an intriguing fight. I'm not about to set a rematch with Hosé and 2 days prior, move to MW to face a replacement."
That's a bullshit excuse to me, he was holding the belt. Besides Aldo being owed a rematch he was the interim title holder so Conor had to fight him and whoever else became the #1 contender but he refused. I don't buy that he ever intended to defend that belt

In an interview with RTE Mcgregor said he thought the baby was coming in March but when he realized it was May, he felt like he could squeeze another fight in early 2017.

But he always intended to at least take the holidays off to relax. And he wanted the new owners to meet with him. But he never intended to take a 10 month break like Dana has been saying.

This is odd though.
Last months are the worse ones. If he wanted to squeeze one more fight, the best would be early in the year...

I hope this is true, but seriously hope he won't run from a top contender.

Him fighting anyone not named Tony or Khabib is just a disservice to himself.

That's a bullshit excuse to me, he was holding the belt. Besides Aldo being owed a rematch he was the interim title holder so Conor had to fight him and whoever else became the #1 contender but he refused. I don't buy that he ever intended to defend that belt

He did a year long build up only for Jose to pull out last minute, which Jose has done before. I can't blame a guy for not wanting to sink time an money into an investment that might not show up.

Conor needs to give Eddie a rematch. That wasn't the best Eddie Alvarez we saw. Eddie beats him in a rematch and it wouldn't even be close.
Na, no rematch when a beat down lasted that long and was that one sided. It was like when they gave Baroa a rematch. Dilliashaw fucked him up worse the second time.

I beg to differ. Conor has never been the guy to do what others do and follow normal protocol. He's like BJ Penn: he does what he wants and you're free to hate him or love him for it. The funny thing is, most BJ Penn fans are Conor haters. Go figure...

I agree on your last point. But that's what Conor said too as FW belt holder: "the weight is there to make for an interesting fight". No interesting fight justify the FW belt stripped and given to Aldo.

Aldo is not an interesting fight for Conor in 2017. Maybe in 2018 if Aldo can finally build some hype.

Conor needs to give Eddie a rematch. That wasn't the best Eddie Alvarez we saw. Eddie beats him in a rematch and it wouldn't even be close.

giphy.gif

Conor has no credibility.

Between Dana's word and Conor's word, I'm taking Dana's.

Actually almost everything Conor ever said he backed up.

Said he would maul Aldo from day one
Said he would be a 2 division champ
Said he would be the highest paid fighter in MMA history

He's doing pretty well on credibility..

I beg to differ. Conor has never been the guy to do what others do and follow normal protocol. He's like BJ Penn: he does what he wants and you're free to hate him or love him for it. The funny thing is, most BJ Penn fans are Conor haters. Go figure...

I agree on your last point. But that's what Conor said too as FW belt holder: "the weight is there to make for an interesting fight". No interesting fight justify the FW belt stripped and given to Aldo.

Aldo is not an interesting fight for Conor in 2017. Maybe in 2018 if Aldo can finally build some hype.
I have no problem with any of that. Ifche wants to bounce around weightclasses and take all sorts of fights- by all means, that would be fun. He just should have given up the belt. If you have a belt you have to defend it, if you want to take other fights it's your responsibility to relinquish it

I agree on you last pointl But that's what Conor said too: as FW belt holder, "the weight is there to make for an interesting fight". No interesting fight justify the FW belt stripped and given to Aldo.

It's because Conor is a BJ Penn who actually wins big fights, who is always training hard, and who is super consistent.

Conor is everything BJ was hyped to be

Everything BJ promised but failed to deliver on, Conor has delivered on it all and then some

Conor may have the fearless attitude of BJ, but Conor adds that with the discipline, consistencey and work ethic of Gsp

So in short BJ fans are extremely bitter because Conor is a Gsp who challenges himself and backs shit up

It hurts BJ fans that Conor came along and one upped BJ in every possible way ..

but real fans would simply be like, "We have been waiting for someone to be like BJ - but a BJ who could actually win those big fights. And thats whats Conor is doing. We love Conor. Conor takes what was best about BJ - and takes it all to whole other level while having the qualities of Gsp. Conor is amazingly revolutionary. I love Conor"

The truth is, these people don't deserve Conor.

Conor is revolutionary greatness personified, and we should be lucky to witness it all live as Conor's career is happening. Conor will go down as MMA's Ali

Truer words were never posted, @SkillsPayTheBills

They are your words but I support them too. Don't worry, we will both be hated for these words. But we know what's up.

Make Conor vs Khabib in March. It would be fucking huge. I would have more hope of this fight happening if Kavannagh wasn't involved but I feel like he'll push for Nate Diaz trilogy if Conor comes back. He also wanted Holloway but thankfully Conor was stripped of the FW belt and I highly doubt he'll go back down now. Hell make Aldo vs Conor rematch at LW, if not Khabib or Ferg but please don't make Conor vs Nate 3.

Connie vs Nate 3 at 170 for a chance to fight Woody or GSP.

Back