News McGregor dissing Poirier after callout. What's next for him?

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

What do you guys think. Is Conrad trying to hype this up with trashtalk or is this not going to happen?

I think this is an excellent fight for Conor as they are both coming off a loss to Beeb.

Another great fight for him is the winner of Gaethje vs Cerrone this weekend. Both guys have been calling Conor out on social media, both crave that red panty night. It's also a good fight to see if Conrad qualifies to be top 5 in LW division.

Last edited:
Poirier is one of the best fights he could hope for both in terms of rankings and matchup wise. But he's going to refuse it because he wasn't "respected". This guy is such a diva

Poirier is relevant now, Mcgregor isn't. If not Poirier then Conor's next opponent is going to be someone below Poirier in the rankings

Says the guy that is asking for a rematch in Russia after getting his shit pushed in.

I’m glad you started this thread because it hasn’t been posted before.

Clearly you have some superpower because rather than think “hmmm it’s probably been posted already because I’m a day late” you somehow knew it hasn’t been posted.

Thanks OP.

fucking LOL at DP thinking hes done anything to warrant Conor getting off the couch and changing his bum life

DP's main wins lately

Eddie Alvarez - went to absolute war with him. Conor on the other hand made him look like an idiot with 3 days of boxercise classes.

Holloway - Also went to war with him. almost gassed out. Conor on the other hand absolutely besmirched Max everywhere, standing and grappling, despite being close to Max's size than DP.

McGregor should take this fight. Porier will fight him at his strength and that alone will give Conor a real chance of winning. A win would automatically put Conor back in the mix for a title shot against the winner of Khabib vs Tony. I know some will say hes already in that mix but I think most fans feel that Conor hasn't done enough lately. Hasn't won a fight since 2016 and a win over the most recent title contender would cement it.

Doesn't really make sense. Isn't Conor pushing for a rematch with someone who wrecked him?

Poirier is relevant now, Mcgregor isn't. If not Poirier then Conor's next opponent is going to be someone below Poirier in the rankings

I would say Poirier is more relevant at LW than Conor. Has a better current win record in the division.

fucking LOL at DP thinking hes done anything to warrant Conor getting off the couch and changing his bum life

DP's main wins lately

Eddie Alvarez - went to absolute war with him. Conor on the other hand made him look like an idiot with 3 days of boxercise classes.

Holloway - Also went to war with him. almost gassed out. Conor on the other hand absolutely besmirched Max everywhere, standing and grappling, despite being close to Max's size than DP.
lool i like how you conveniently just leave out gaethje because you're so insecure of the prospect of him fighting conor.

<209Bitch>

Say what you want about Conor, but he is always relevant. Dana is even saying that a title shot for him makes sense. I agree that he doesn’t deserve it, but Conor is money, and business is business.

I’m glad you started this thread because it hasn’t been posted before.

Clearly you have some superpower because rather than think “hmmm it’s probably been posted already because I’m a day late” you somehow knew it hasn’t been posted.

Thanks OP.
I just saw it and at this point I'm an experienced sherdog keyboard warrior veteran :p. I know I haven't seen this on here yet :D.

55e8df57dac3d.jpeg

He should really keep his mouth shut unless he's got a fight signed, his rep is at an all time low right now

He should really keep his mouth shut unless he's got a fight signed, his rep is at an all time low right now

IMHO he needs a fight before the end of the year. This is a good fight to make.

I really wonder how many people actually want to see Conor fight.
I used to be a fan of his, but really don't care to see him again.
He talks way too much trash (it isn't even funny, really), yet has repeatedly proven to be a quitter.
I don't consider Conor to be a legit challenger anymore, a true MMA hopeful; he is just a charlatan now.

Conor is 2-2 over the last 3.8 years and got dominated in his last fight. It is not like he is some kind of world beater. I would like to see that fight.

Oh my god the discussion and memes about this on Twitter are hilarious <Lmaoo>

EEJKnsfUwAAeL4N.jpg

lool i like how you conveniently just leave out gaethje because you're so insecure of the prospect of him fighting conor.

<209Bitch>
or maybe, just maybe, and hear me out here, I didn't mention Gaethje because I was only comparing their common opponents. Both lost to Khabib decisively. the other guys they have both fought, well........I just pointed out.

how is that not obvious? I was pointing out how DP's most recent big wins are guys Conor already tooled. I didn't include Gaethje because he hasn't fought Conor. am I explaining this well enough?

Gaethje is my favorite fighter right now. But lets not be silly and act like he is some nightmare matchup for Conor. JG gets more brain damage per fight than literally any LW ever. He gets hit. Not just a lot, but an impressive amount of a lot. and hes been rocked countless times and knocked out. it'd be a good fight but extremely winnable for Conor. oh yea he also gasses out, and NEVER uses his wrestling.

I really wonder how many people actually want to see Conor fight.
I used to be a fan of his, but really don't care to see him again.
He talks way too much trash (it isn't even funny, really), yet has repeatedly proven to be a quitter.
I don't consider Conor to be a legit challenger anymore, a true MMA hopeful; he is just a charlatan now.

That's is precisely why he needs some fights with top 10 contenders to build himself up again. Because right now I don't believe he can beat a top 5 guy in LW, let alone Khabib in a rematch. Inactivity takes it's toll, he needs to get back in there and get the hype going again. Twitter posts alone won't sell a rematch with Beeb.

Back