McGregor calling Wrestlers/Grapplers Jock Sniffers but..

And yet other fighters have managed to stuff dominant wrestlers in the past.
and Conor managed to defend the takedown from Khabib for a decent amount of time. But the spammer eventually got it

"true fight fans" = anyone who holds my opinion. Let me guess, someone who respects Khabib's accomplishments as a fighter is by default a casual?
"true fight fans" = people who enjoy fights, and fighters' styles and skills, more than titles, rankings, and records.

I respect Khabib's accomplishments as a fighter. He's amazing. But the negative shit I say about him is true. By not acknowledging that, you're failing to acknowledge the positives of fighters like Conor, Tony, Gaethje, etc. Thus, it's YOU who's failing to respect fighters' accomplishments, not me. And no, I don't think I've ever used "casual" as a derogatory term. Some people are more into fighting than others, and that's fine. I think you're confused in that you think I'm calling those who aren't "true fight fans", casuals. I'm not. There are plenty of people on these forums who are neither.

In response to the bolded, exactly. And that number includes the worst point fighters in the sport, all women fighters, and all lighter weight fighters. Yet Khabib has a worse record than that. Kinda proving Conor's point there.

I do appreciate grappling, and much prefer watching MMA to boxing or kickboxing. What I don't appreciate is a lack of offense, or fighters who fight to try and win decisions, rather than hurt their opponents. That you could even say "MMA isn't the sport for you" to a longtime MMA fan who loves the sport, shows that you don't even believe the shit you're saying. If I genuinely didn't like it then I wouldn't watch it.

I’m sure Conor prefer people just stand directly in front of Conor with their hands down. It’s not up to him to decide what his opponents do.

Do you tell the teams sports you follow how they are supposed to win their games?

No need to correct people's English. Might be his/her/their second, third or nth language.
The need is to make people's posts understandable. Posts can be hard enough to follow due to people's poor reasoning ability. Poor use of language will only add to that problem. Occasional encouragement for people to write more clearly is a good thing, to maintain some sort of standards. It isn't like I'm some sort of grammar Nazi who regularly goes around calling people out for it.

Do you tell the teams sports you follow how they are supposed to win their games?
I've never spoken to them. But yeah, I prefer my team to play an exciting brand of football. This is a common complaint made my football fans. Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce, to use two prominent examples, are often criticised for it.

Plus, it's worse in fighting. Time limits are mandatory in football, and the goal is always to play to it, since there are no finishes. In fighting, time limits were only introduced out of necessity. The sport started without them, with the goal being to finish.

Conor disses grapplers but also said to floyd that in a "real fight" he'd take him down to choke him out.

I've never spoken to them. But yeah, I prefer my team to play an exciting brand of football. This is a common complaint made my football fans. Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce, to use two prominent examples, are often criticised for it.

Plus, it's worse in fighting. Time limits are mandatory in football, and the goal is always to play to it, since there are no finishes. In fighting, time limits were only introduced out of necessity. The sport started without them, with the goal being to finish.

Why do you feel so entitled to decide how try to win? Conor’s jocksniffer comments are an attempt to discredit his losses. Conor often does that when he loses. I have a feeling that your use of the term has the same intent. Fortunately Conor doesn’t get to choose how his opponents choose to fight him, and neither do you.

If you want to examine fight spirt and intend, then you should example conor. Inside the cage Conor lacks integrity. He also lacks a true fighter spirt. Instead of fighting a legit contender Conor hand picked an opponent that was coming of two straight TKO losses in a row over the span of 6-7 months. One of those losses was as recent as 4 months ago. I don’t respect that kind of fighting spirt. That worse than “jock sniffing” if you ask me.

Last edited:
Conor shits his pants everytime there is grappling day at the gym.

he has blackbelts praising him so they can ride in his car or take a selfie with him. grappling day is probably his favorite.

Gonnar wud need a TuBaiFou to beat Noit that noight

Because Conor like a lost of his fans make pathetic excuses for his losses and are hypocrites. The way he was talking you would think Conor would go out standing against Diaz in that first fight, but he chose to panic wrestle instead and got choked and finished lol.

Because Conor like a lost of his fans make pathetic excuses for his losses and are hypocrites. The way he was talking you would think Conor would go out standing against Diaz in that first fight, but he chose to panic wrestle instead and got choked and finished lol.

No that’s ok because Conor was hurt. Wrestling would also be ok if he was fighting Floyd in mma.

Why do you feel so entitled to decide how try to win? Conor’s jocksniffer comments are an attempt to discredit his losses. Conor often does that when he loses. Fortunately Conor doesn’t get to choose how his opponents choose to fight him, and neither do you.
Dunno what you mean by the first question. How am I entitled? I'm talking about preferences; I like exciting fights and I like exciting football games.

No win is perfect, and because of that, each win deserves credit for different reasons. You want Khabib to get credit for being a balls to the wall Gaethje fighter, even though he clearly isn't that? Credit is given where it's due. Khabib gets credit for being a very good pressure wrestler with great top control, GNP, and heavy hands. He doesn't get credit for being a world class striker, an aggressive submission fighter akin to Do Bronx, or a fighter who goes all out to finish his opponent.

Conor doesn't get to choose how his opponents fight, no. But he's free to make observations about the way they fight.

It's weird that he tapped to a jock sniff then.

theres a difference between going for a takedown when hurt, and going for a takedown to sniff ballsack

He is in the wrong sport then. Go to boxing or kickboxing if you dont like MMA.

some strikers are boring... but they are risking being KO'd by standing with their opponents.

ie they take far more risks than the ones who only wrestle

Yeah like when Conor had 1 round to KO a jock sniffer but got slapped in the face like a bitch instead. You guys are pathetic lol

Back