McGregor calling Wrestlers/Grapplers Jock Sniffers but..

na its called engaging in a fight and getting hurt, the other is just avoiding a fight altogether

It's 2020. Professional MMA has been a thing for almost three decades now and grappling has been a dominant force in it since the beginning.

Get over yourself. Wrestling is a fundamental part of fighting, just like striking.

I think certain kinds of wrestlers are boring.

If you take someone down to not do anything I can't really cheer that on. If you make someones life hell while they are down there (GnP, submission threats) then that's just as great as anything else. I like watching Demian Maia fights more than say Holly Holm fights.

Agreed. I've seen some boring as fuck matches between two relative purists with striking backgrounds, just as I've seen absolute edge-of-my-seat performances from dedicated grapplers.

Boring fighters come from all walks. I would rather see Curtis Blaydes take someone down and lay on top of him while pounding the shit out of him than see two "elite" technical counter-strikers circle one another for three rounds throwing the occasional leg kick or 1-2.

thats the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. Id consider strikers people that actually engage in a fight on the feet. Id consider Gaethje a striker even though he has a wrestling base. My problem is wrestlers who just spam takedowns repeatedly. Its not fighting.
Anyone who can say that has never trained a day in his or her life. Wrestling is indeed fight man. Getting slammed repeatedly will bruise and tire you. And in an mma context getting grounded and pounced is far worse than getting hit standing up. Just come to terms with it. He got ass whooped. Simple as that. He was lost in there. Didn't know what he was doing. Also you conveniently left out how many fouls conor committed. Over 15 in one fight. Jon jones would be goddamn proud of Conor.

It's 2020. Professional MMA has been a thing for almost three decades now and grappling has been a dominant force in it since the beginning.

Get over yourself. Wrestling is a fundamental part of fighting, just like striking.

Agreed. I've seen some boring as fuck matches between two relative purists with striking backgrounds, just as I've seen absolute edge-of-my-seat performances from dedicated grapplers.

Boring fighters come from all walks. I would rather see Curtis Blaydes take someone down and lay on top of him while pounding the shit out of him than see two "elite" technical counter-strikers circle one another for three rounds throwing the occasional leg kick or 1-2.
its a part of fighting... but its done to avoid risk. Its the pussy way of fighting. Striking involves plenty of risk, as does BJJ. the takedown spammers are just pussies

Imagine calling grapplers/wrestlers Jock Sniffers and then panic wrestling Nate Diaz.
View attachment 715083
I think you're missing Conor's point. The jock sniffers in question often has the gameplan to wrestle from the outset, most of the time happy to win a decision. Conor on the other hand immediately goes at his opponent and tries to finish them. It's for this reason that half of Khabib's UFC wins are decisions (including the Tibau one), and he has just one first round finish in the UFC, a long time ago. Against Nate, Conor's plan was to take Nate's head off, despite the durability, cardio, and reach of his opponent. His plan failed, which is why he chose to shoot. You surely see the difference?

Dude I agree so much. Till is boring, as is Wonderboy, as are some silva fights etc all this striker jerking is pathetic. If they can't handle real fighting people like that should just go watch glory, karate combat or mma movies like never back down or undisputed.

Anyone who can say that has never trained a day in his or her life. Wrestling is indeed fight man. Getting slammed repeatedly will bruise and tire you. And in an mma context getting grounded and pounced is far worse than getting hit standing up. Just come to terms with it. He got ass whooped. Simple as that. He was lost in there. Didn't know what he was doing. Also you conveniently left out how many fouls conor committed. Over 15 in one fight. Jon jones would be goddamn proud of Conor.
you obviously dont know anything about me. but cool story bro.

its a form of competition, its not a fight. its a way to hold someone on the ground. Its a martial art but its for people to avoid actually fighting. Of course getting GnP is worse as your head is on the matt. But again, they need to get to a dominant position before they are willing to engage in any fighting. straight pussy move

I think you're missing Conor's point. The jock sniffers in question often has the gameplan to wrestle from the outset, most of the time happy to win a decision. Conor on the other hand immediately goes at his opponent and tries to finish them. It's for this reason that half of Khabib's UFC wins are decisions (including the Tibau one), and he has just one first round finish in the UFC, a long time ago. Against Nate, Conor's plan was to take Nate's head off, despite the durability, cardio, and reach of his opponent. His plan failed, which is why he chose to shoot. You surely see the difference?
But the thing is who's fault is it that conor was dominated on the ground and was a sitting duck in that fight? Conor right? Since he let it happen.

its a part of fighting... but its done to avoid risk. Its the pussy way of fighting. Striking involves plenty of risk, as does BJJ. the takedown spammers are just pussies

I dunno dude. Imposing your will on your opponent, taking the fight where you want it, and doing so while avoiding damage sounds like exactly the kind of thing a good fighter strives to do. And it certainly doesn't bode well for the dude he beats, losing to a pussy.

Wait, so BJJ is okay but wrestling isn't? How many takedown attempts are the BJJ guys allowed before they're pussies too? What if you use a BJJ-style top control game like Michael Chiesa used against Sanchez?

Furthermore, if "avoiding risk" is the culprit in your revolutionary little worldview here, then are out-boxers and point-fighting strikers pussies too? Any swarmer or brawler should inherently be more badass and manly by default, right?

Dude I agree so much. Till is boring, as is Wonderboy, as are some silva fights etc all this striker jerking is pathetic. If they can't handle real fighting people like that should just go watch glory, karate combat or mma movies like never back down or undisputed.
some strikers are boring... but they are risking being KO'd by standing with their opponents.

ie they take far more risks than the ones who only wrestle

I dunno dude. Imposing your will on your opponent, taking the fight where you want it, and doing so while avoiding damage sounds like exactly the kind of thing a good fighter strives to do. And it certainly doesn't bode well for the dude he beats, losing to a pussy.

Wait, so BJJ is okay but wrestling isn't? How many takedown attempts are the BJJ guys allowed before they're pussies too? What if you use a BJJ-style top control game like Michael Chiesa used against Sanchez?

Furthermore, if "avoiding risk" is the culprit in your revolutionary little worldview here, then are out-boxers and point-fighting strikers pussies too? Any swarmer or brawler should inherently be more badass and manly by default, right?
in BJJ you risk your opponent submitting you, but BJJ guys that dont go for submissions and just maintain position are just as bad. So Im possibly being unfair to wrestlers for effect in this thread. There are BJJ guys that are equally as bad, they just aint as good at getting the fight where they want lol

point fighters are boring but they take risks by striking. Anyone can be KO'd with the little gloves on, even elite strikers have been KO'd by far worse strikers

But the thing is who's fault is it that conor was dominated on the ground and was a sitting duck in that fight? Conor right? Since he let it happen.
Like I said, Conor's plan failed. But this has no relevance to Conor's "jock sniffer" comment. He's criticising the mentality of certain types of fighters.

you obviously dont know anything about me. but cool story bro.

its a form of competition, its not a fight. its a way to hold someone on the ground. Its a martial art but its for people to avoid actually fighting. Of course getting GnP is worse as your head is on the matt. But again, they need to get to a dominant position before they are willing to engage in any fighting. straight pussy move
Oh my gosh <45>
You really are trolling me. But I'll bite. Since you're being relatively respectful and aren't resorting to ad hominem attacks like other motherfuckers here:rolleyes:
The whole point of a fight is... To win at all costs. And to make sure it plays out on your terms. Not your opponent. Playing your opponent's game is stupid. There's nothing cowardly about striking in a dominant position. It's just brilliance if anything. And you still didn't address the fouls. He fouled so many times in that fight. How can you call wrestling cowardly if your Boi was grabbing shorts, gloves, kneeling khabib from bottom side control in the head etc? Come on man I don't even know you but you're better than this. <bball1>

Like I said, Conor's plan failed. But this has no relevance to Conor's "jock sniffer" comment. He's criticising the mentality of certain types of fighters.
Criticising a whole discipline because he sucks at it is a loser mentality. I suck at maths so all mathematicians must be morons.

Conor is one of the last people to talk about others fighter "mentality" with the amount of times he's gave up and tapped out like a bitch.

Last edited:
Conor is also the guy who whined after the Mayweather fight that boxing isn't real fighting because all you do is just stand there and punch.

Then, of course, he bitched that Khabib didn't want to stand there and punch with him.

It's always a new excuse with this geek after he gets his ass handed to him.
Conor made the comments about boxing being a limited form of fighting before the Mayweather fight. And he's correct, of course.

Conor has made comments against safe fighters prior to the Khabib fight. He's talking about fighters who are happy to grind out "wins" by decision. Take Khabib, who has just one first round finish in the UFC, with half of his wins coming by decision.

As in any sport if you don’t want someone to do something stop them from doing it.

was that when he was throwing all those punches that missed?

nice of you to find the 1 still that proves he doesnt always sniff balls. Just 90% of the time

Jadfp1U.gif

some strikers are boring... but they are risking being KO'd by standing with their opponents.

ie they take far more risks than the ones who only wrestle
Ah no they're not. You can't get knocked out if you don't engage right? <seedat><TheDonald>

Oh my gosh <45>
You really are trolling me. But I'll bite. Since you're being relatively respectful and aren't resorting to ad hominem attacks like other motherfuckers here:rolleyes:
The whole point of a fight is... To win at all costs. And to make sure it plays out on your terms. Not your opponent. Playing your opponent's game is stupid. There's nothing cowardly about striking in a dominant position. It's just brilliance if anything. And you still didn't address the fouls. He fouled so many times in that fight. How can you call wrestling cowardly if your Boi was grabbing shorts, gloves, kneeling khabib from bottom side control in the head etc? Come on man I don't even know you but you're better than this. <bball1>
so you are admitting that they avoid risk and need to get to a dominant position before they engage in actually fighting?

its about time

Back