McGregor calling Wrestlers/Grapplers Jock Sniffers but..

Conor literally panic wrestled Mayweather. I mean wtf? He's supposed to be this great striker, unmatched by anyone, and he panic wrestled in a boxing match!

I've gone through a hysterical thread and I'm still not sure what side to fall on so I'll just ask you:

"theres a difference between going for a takedown when hurt, and going for a takedown to sniff ballsack"

What current fighters do you consider "ballsack sniffers"?

In sentiment I agree with you whole-heartedly that if a fighter only intends to take someone down and hold them there without attempting to land ground and pound or pass their guard and submit them it's "anti-fighting" in the sense that fighting is a means to harm someone. If you just hold/control them without damage/threat of choke or joint-lock then you aren't really harming them, therefore you aren't really fighting. But if they are attempting to land GnP or pass and submit that's fighting - even if they are bad at it you can't argue the intent is to harm.

na its called engaging in a fight and getting hurt, the other is just avoiding a fight altogether

Why is something only "fighting" to you if you are giving your opponent an opportunity to hurt you?

The point of fighting is to hurt someone, correct? In which case your goal should be to put yourself in positions where you can hurt your opponent more than they can hurt you. So it seems logical that you should use your physical attributes plus technical skill-set to implement whatever strategy minimizes harm to you and maximizes harm to your opponent.

its a part of fighting... but its done to avoid risk. Its the pussy way of fighting. Striking involves plenty of risk, as does BJJ. the takedown spammers are just pussies

Strikers don't want to grapple because they get tired quickly and might get subbed since they don't know all the defenses and technical intricacies. So they "avoid risk" by learning takedown defense and footwork to keep distance and what strikes to throw that won' leave them out of position.

So it would seem obvious for every type of fighter this type of "risk avoidance" is inherent to each of their games - the Wrestler wants to avoid the risk of getting KO'd by the better striker so he puts him in positions where the striking skills are negated.

By your own logic every fighter is a pussy that shoots or defends takedowns. Every fighter is a pussy that doesn't fight their opponent where they are strongest. Seems like you just want to take shots at a fighting style you don't enjoy by calling those fighters pussies.
right, you cover a lot so I apologise if I miss anything, but if I do please let me know.

1. for the sake of this thread... Khabib lol. Askren couldve been called one also. Colby is sometimes. Usman is most of the time.

There are wrestlers who use wrestling and also have a well rounded game to the point they dont just focus on sniffing balls. So Im not meaning to attack all wrestlers.

2. its not about "giving the opponent the chance to hurt you"... its just about taking risks. A BJJ guy has to take risks to attempt submissions, a striker has to take risks to engage on the feet. wrestlers do risk getting subbed, but the ball sniffers latch onto the waist of their opponent and blanket them 99% of the time. So theres very little risk involved.

3. Thats where I disagree, strikers are always at risk on the feet. Anyone with the little gloves on has a punchers chance. Some of the best strikers to ever compete have been defeated via KO to lesser strikers. I already covered that I dont think anyone that shoots a takedown is a pussy. If they dont blanket their opponent and take risks(go for submissions, look to strike etc) then I have no issue.

Also to be clear, someone who blankets an opponent to make them tired, then does things on the ground to take risks= pussy.

So basically my point is, blankets = pussies.

hope that helped, again... sorry if I missed anything

Cant get phone to properly do paragraphs. Its shows as paragraphs when I write it and add the spaces etc.. but changes when posted. Still says the same thing tho.
ah well then, I apologise... give me a minute. I'll go read it lol

Yes but when ur head is up in the air and u are throwing punches u are no where close to balls. In that fight Conor was balls in face more than khabib was. Khabib stood with him as much as dominating him on the ground. Because a guy is so one dimensional, downst mean everyone should fight the way they want to.

Chad mendez lit him up on the feet and busted him open yet he is a supposed ball sniffer. He can call people he cant beat names if it makes him feel better, but havent seen khabib or any other wrestler at the top sucker punching elderly guys in bars or forcing themselves on women. Tho they are only accusations, they are pretty descriptive of what happened and Its likely hush money had been involved.
blanketing anyone for over a round then engaging in a fight is still pussy shit. Khabib done nothing but blanket him in the 1st. He also did not stand with him as long as he blanketed him.

I also never called Mendes a pussy, he doesnt blanket fighters. He KO'd fighters and mixed in takedowns. He also got his ass handed to him on the feet as Conor walked through his punches.

wtf does his bar incident have to do with Khabib being a ball sniffer? Oh and yeah, khabib doesnt punch old guys... he just belittles homeless folk in exchange for money.... but then doesnt give them the money.

such a great guy

hope that helped, again... sorry if I missed anything

It was as I expected the entire time (and from the AV of course I should have known lol) - just a Khabib-hater that doesn't understand fighting and must delude himself to keep his idol in such a highly-perceived light.

1. for the sake of this thread... Khabib lol. Askren couldve been called one also. Colby is sometimes. Usman is most of the time.

There are wrestlers who use wrestling and also have a well rounded game to the point they dont just focus on sniffing balls. So Im not meaning to attack all wrestlers.

Which one of Khabib's opponents have left their fights undamaged? Which ones has he not attacked with Standing Strikes or GnP or submissions? We both know the answer, we can look at the Fight Metrics or watch the videos - which is why you are just a straight hater.

Askren at one point of his career in Bellator is probably a fair accusation of "crotch-sniffing", but by the end of his Bellator run he was subbing guys, landing solid GnP, and he did sub Lawler whether you like it or not (something tells me you really, really don't though). Also the devil's advocate is that if you can't stop a "crotch-sniffer" you're an even bigger bitch since you are by your own definition letting a pussy physically control and dominate you.

Colby/Usman not really, but of course to you "making your opponent tired THAN hurting them = pussy". To you it's only "non-pussy" if you let your opponent have the best possible chance to fuck you up - that's some REAL gangster shit right??.........

Fact of the matter is there are no guys really in high-level MMA that are truly crotch-sniffers any longer (it's just an excuse that's thrown around by past their prime strikers looking to justify past losses and get their fanboys geared up - that's why you never hear anyone else ever say it).

Basically you don't understand fighting.

Wrestling is used in fighting as both a strategy and tactic. When you see Khabib/Colby/Usman in the clinch or on top you think they are resting (aka "being pussies") when in actuality they are putting incredible amounts of pressure into their opponent with their weight and are constantly fighting for wrist-control/head-position to the face/side-angles with the hips. These control positions and the clinch are probably the most exhausting part of fighting, most guys negate each in ability to damage each other because they aren't technical clinch-fighters so they just gas fighting for underhooks. It's "boring" for the uneducated viewer that doesn't understand nuances of fighting and wants the glorious peaks of violence (that we all want of course, but some of us are smart enough to not demand them). For that period of time they aren't bashing each others brains in but it's part of "the game" - making your opponent tired makes their techniques less effective, makes them worry about their cardio, get distracted, make mistakes. Fighters aren't robots - it's about affecting someones ability to mentally implement what they wan to do in a fight. If you just let them do it your a fucking moron, but to you that's heroic and doing anything less is "pussy."

2. its not about "giving the opponent the chance to hurt you"... its just about taking risks. A BJJ guy has to take risks to attempt submissions, a striker has to take risks to engage on the feet. wrestlers do risk getting subbed, but the ball sniffers latch onto the waist of their opponent and blanket them 99% of the time. So theres very little risk involved.

You really really don't understand fighting. Fighting in and of itself is a risk. As someone else pointed out earlier, a wrestler puts themselves in position to be upper-cutted/flying kneed going for takedowns and put in huge variety of submissions by BJJ fighters. There is no "risk-free" element to fighting - one mistake can lead to you getting KO'd or choked/joint-locked no matter your style of fighting. It's about the opponent you face and the challenges they present.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan of fighters that are looking to finish always - they tend to give the most exciting fights and finishes. But you're just a hater so you hate on every fighter that doesn't fight in that style - that's your prerogative, just want you to be 100% clear you are a hater.

3. Thats where I disagree, strikers are always at risk on the feet. Anyone with the little gloves on has a punchers chance. Some of the best strikers to ever compete have been defeated via KO to lesser strikers. I already covered that I dont think anyone that shoots a takedown is a pussy. If they dont blanket their opponent and take risks(go for submissions, look to strike etc) then I have no issue.

Everyone is always at risk everywhere - it's fighting. The better the striker is the less they are at risk striking; the better the grappler the less they are at risk grappling. It's actually pretty fucking rare that amazing strikers get KO'd by lesser strikers in MMA - because in MMA the striking game is completely different, since you have to defend with your hands/stance/footwork depending on your opponents threats. This is why some of us love MMA so much, there are so many nuances and ways to attack that it's a endlessly shifting paradigm.

Kevin Randleman KO'd Cro Cop (one of the greatest HW strikers of all-time and one of my MMA heroes) by faking a takedown and crushing him with a left hook. Khabib did something pretty similar to Conor in the 2nd round of their fight; set him up for an overhand right by feinting the same takedown he got early in the 1st round.

Real fight fans know this as technical brilliance; haters call it "luck."

Also to be clear, someone who blankets an opponent to make them tired, then does things on the ground to take risks= pussy.

You call Khabib a blanket and yet none of his opponents have ever accused him of that (only Conor fans really). If you don't understand why he took Conor down and focused on controlling him early (to gas him and make him less dangerous as a striker later) then once again, you just don't really understand or appreciate fighting. You just like mindless violence.

Real pussies lose fights then make excuses.

<JonesLaugh>

It is what it is.

It was as I expected the entire time (and from the AV of course I should have known lol) - just a Khabib-hater that doesn't understand fighting and must delude himself to keep his idol in such a highly-perceived light.

Which one of Khabib's opponents have left their fights undamaged? Which ones has he not attacked with Standing Strikes or GnP or submissions? We both know the answer, we can look at the Fight Metrics or watch the videos - which is why you are just a straight hater.

Askren at one point of his career in Bellator is probably a fair accusation of "crotch-sniffing", but by the end of his Bellator run he was subbing guys, landing solid GnP, and he did sub Lawler whether you like it or not (something tells me you really, really don't though). Also the devil's advocate is that if you can't stop a "crotch-sniffer" you're an even bigger bitch since you are by your own definition letting a pussy physically control and dominate you.

Colby/Usman not really, but of course to you "making your opponent tired THAN hurting them = pussy". To you it's only "non-pussy" if you let your opponent have the best possible chance to fuck you up - that's some REAL gangster shit right??.........

Fact of the matter is there are no guys really in high-level MMA that are truly crotch-sniffers any longer (it's just an excuse that's thrown around by past their prime strikers looking to justify past losses and get their fanboys geared up - that's why you never hear anyone else ever say it).

Basically you don't understand fighting.

Wrestling is used in fighting as both a strategy and tactic. When you see Khabib/Colby/Usman in the clinch or on top you think they are resting (aka "being pussies") when in actuality they are putting incredible amounts of pressure into their opponent with their weight and are constantly fighting for wrist-control/head-position to the face/side-angles with the hips. These control positions and the clinch are probably the most exhausting part of fighting, most guys negate each in ability to damage each other because they aren't technical clinch-fighters so they just gas fighting for underhooks. It's "boring" for the uneducated viewer that doesn't understand nuances of fighting and wants the glorious peaks of violence (that we all want of course, but some of us are smart enough to not demand them). For that period of time they aren't bashing each others brains in but it's part of "the game" - making your opponent tired makes their techniques less effective, makes them worry about their cardio, get distracted, make mistakes. Fighters aren't robots - it's about affecting someones ability to mentally implement what they wan to do in a fight. If you just let them do it your a fucking moron, but to you that's heroic and doing anything less is "pussy."

You really really don't understand fighting. Fighting in and of itself is a risk. As someone else pointed out earlier, a wrestler puts themselves in position to be upper-cutted/flying kneed going for takedowns and put in huge variety of submissions by BJJ fighters. There is no "risk-free" element to fighting - one mistake can lead to you getting KO'd or choked/joint-locked no matter your style of fighting. It's about the opponent you face and the challenges they present.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan of fighters that are looking to finish always - they tend to give the most exciting fights and finishes. But you're just a hater so you hate on every fighter that doesn't fight in that style - that's your prerogative, just want you to be 100% clear you are a hater.

Everyone is always at risk everywhere - it's fighting. The better the striker is the less they are at risk striking; the better the grappler the less they are at risk grappling. It's actually pretty fucking rare that amazing strikers get KO'd by lesser strikers in MMA - because in MMA the striking game is completely different, since you have to defend with your hands/stance/footwork depending on your opponents threats. This is why some of us love MMA so much, there are so many nuances and ways to attack that it's a endlessly shifting paradigm.

Kevin Randleman KO'd Cro Cop (one of the greatest HW strikers of all-time and one of my MMA heroes) by faking a takedown and crushing him with a left hook. Khabib did something pretty similar to Conor in the 2nd round of their fight; set him up for an overhand right by feinting the same takedown he got early in the 1st round.

Real fight fans know this as technical brilliance; haters call it "luck."

You call Khabib a blanket and yet none of his opponents have ever accused him of that (only Conor fans really). If you don't understand why he took Conor down and focused on controlling him early (to gas him and make him less dangerous as a striker later) then once again, you just don't really understand or appreciate fighting. You just like mindless violence.

Real pussies lose fights then make excuses.

<JonesLaugh>

It is what it is.
dude.. take the self importance down a notch... and stop writing fucking novels in response. Nobody cares enough about your shitty takes to read all that pish. I tried to be polite in my first response, but dear god... get a grip

you are a goon and Khabib isnt important enough to have haters... he's just someone Conor fought

I mean Conor is technically correct. most high level wrestlers in the UFC put their head between dudes legs up against the cage.

dude.. take the self importance down a notch... and stop writing fucking novels in response. Nobody cares enough about your shitty takes to read all that pish. I tried to be polite in my first response, but dear god... get a grip

you are a goon and Khabib isnt important enough to have haters... he's just someone Conor fought

So you don’t have any real arguments, just your emotions. Sad, but predictable.

You can pretend to ignore it all you want but deep down in your heart of hearts, just like Conor, you know the truth.

So you don’t have any real arguments, just your emotions. Sad, but predictable.

You can pretend to ignore it all you want but deep down in your heart of hearts, just like Conor, you know the truth.
theyre real arguments, but a bitchmade Conor hater wont ever see them.

and yeah.. thats all you are

theyre real arguments, but a bitchmade Conor hater wont ever see them.

and yeah.. thats all you are

I'm not even a Conor hater lol.

He's one of the best MMA strikers of all-time and one of the best performers in big fights of all-time. Tons of exciting fights and finishes, it's tough to not enjoy watching him fight. There are also tons of reasons to hate on him both personally (probably rapist) and professionally (fight cherry-picker, taps when the going gets tough, never defended a belt) but I still enjoy watching him fight.

Your tears taste fucking phenomenal though buddy, keep it up.

tenor.gif

I'm not even a Conor hater lol.

He's one of the best MMA strikers of all-time and one of the best performers in big fights of all-time. Tons of exciting fights and finishes, it's tough to not enjoy watching him fight. There are also tons of reasons to hate on him both personally (probably rapist) and professionally (fight cherry-picker, taps when the going gets tough, never defended a belt) but I still enjoy watching him fight.

Your tears taste fucking phenomenal though buddy, keep it up.

tenor.gif
what tears? Im perfectly fine chuckles.

but you keep pretending you arent a hater. nobody believes you

You Conor nut huggers are something special, completely deluded from reality by blind love for your hero.

This is show and tell little buddy - don't just tell me I'm a hater, SHOW me. Otherwise what are you doing besides trying to pump up yourself emotionally?

blanketing anyone for over a round then engaging in a fight is still pussy shit. Khabib done nothing but blanket him in the 1st. He also did not stand with him as long as he blanketed him.

I also never called Mendes a pussy, he doesnt blanket fighters. He KO'd fighters and mixed in takedowns. He also got his ass handed to him on the feet as Conor walked through his punches.

wtf does his bar incident have to do with Khabib being a ball sniffer? Oh and yeah, khabib doesnt punch old guys... he just belittles homeless folk in exchange for money.... but then doesnt give them the money.

such a great guy

First off, the homeless guy in video is actually a guy that khabib helps all the time and has known for 4 years or more. He gives him money, food etc all the time at the same place. This was told by dc. He was joking around with him like u would do any friend...it had nothing to do with the guy being homeless..so anyway..

Let me get this straight....using a strategy against Conor is pussy. Conor shooting for a ball sniff on nate was not pussy though..... Theres nothing pussy about it. Khabib won the round easily. The 2nd he won a 10-8 round, beating conor on the feet and on the ground easily. Landing the biggest punch of the whole fight. Round 3 no ground at all..theres conors chance...yet he does no damage, no cuts, nada...he starts using clinch because hes tired and does not try to keep distance...4 conor gets manhandled and once again gives up. Much like vs nate in first fight, gives his back to get out of fight.

...see that's the pussy move of the fight. Conor has never finished anyone past the 2nd round. So using a strategy to get fight into the later rounds is smart vs Conor. If Conor can panic wrestle and jump for the balls...how come it's not ok for guys that know they own him on the ground to do so? you can only "ball sniff" when u panic and are in the verge of giving up?

It would be one thing if it was Tito lay and pray...but it is nowhere near that. Khabib is never laying there...he throws strikes, improves position and takes a fighters will. That's exactly what he did to Conor. Conor had plenty of chances to use his striking but couldn't phase khabib who won the striking in all but 1 round, which he took off to rest and still was a close round.

In the end the pussy u speak of is set in stone by the guy holding gloves, shorts, fences, throwing illegal strikes, and throwing out all kinds of excuses after the fight, like...telling and showing his be4 fight prep and saying how it was the best camp ever, best shape ever, prepared for all...etc...along with his coaches and father telling stories of how well focused he was, how he was always in the gym, training harder than ever etc..then giving up and tapping...to later claim ur foot was broke...with not a shred of proof, all while doing jumping roundhouse kicks etc at media workout..stomping both feet as always in introductions, running in Vegas before the fight, to get down on weight, Never once showing a limp or any sign at all of a foot issue...and later claiming it was worst camp ever, he was drunk, on coke etc, not focused, not prepared...that is by definition "pussy".

I get it u like Conor. Dont like khabib. I happen to like both. Chad busted conor open in stand up, hit him many times ..90% thrown to head. Conor has a chin. He takes punches well, but gets hit. In a longer fight with chad having a gas tank, it would have been a much different fight. He had almost 2 full rounds of striking vs khabib...to knock him out...he didnt. There was nothing at all resembling ball sniffing in the fight. Khabib won striking on feet, on the ground, everywhere but the clinch where he was setting up takedowns.

U cant blame a guy for taking Conor down to beat him up any more than u can blame Conor for not being able to keep it standing. He had plenty of time in the fight to strike...didnt do anything significant at all. He lost...its mma..not kick boxing.. and pussy moves are excuses, giving ur back to get out instead of actually fighting ur way out of a bad position or keeping the fight standing with great tdd..or even using the 7+ minutes u are on your feet to knock your opponent out...cheating over and over blatantly because your skill is not good enough on the ground...

Edit..to get proper paragraphs I have to use 3 empty lines between to avoid wall o text...or it worked this time. I would think 1 empty line would suffice..but apparently not.

Back