McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

How is this even an issue?

Conor McGregor could fight on an under-card made up of kangroo boxing and he'll still sell 1.5+ million PPVs.

These fighters don't have to fight on that card, but you know what? They will gladly. Because there is no way they could ever get that many eyes to possibly watch them fight.

people need to understand business. this isn't a 'hand out' world. earn your pay.

Not sure why he cares. It doesn't effect his money at all. Just seema like a dick move to stop fighters from making more money.

of course it affects him. he'll get a bigger cut now. instead of slicing the pie into 11 pieces, it's now getting sliced into 3.

It is his ppv, people buying it for the McGregor fight.

of course it affects him. he'll get a bigger cut now. instead of slicing the pie into 11 pieces, it's now getting sliced into 3.
Only champs would get a cut and I'm pretty sure he gets a flat % of the ppv buys no matter what. I don't think it would effect his cash.

But idk any of their contracts so meh.

If it were me, I wouldn't stop someone from having their big pay day. Just seems dickish to me. Idk. That's just what I think

Not sure why he cares. It doesn't effect his money at all. Just seema like a dick move to stop fighters from making more money.
Because, once again, we don't KNOW that it doesn't effect him. If they load up a card with guys all taking ppv points, that money is coming from somewhere. PPV points are only part of his pay. Maybe, in the case of a card full of guys getting points, he would take a hit on show money.

If that is the case, he has every right to be against that. As HE is the one providing the bulk of the buys, NOT the other guys on the card.

He should allow them to get a piece of 25%. Let’s assume he brings in 75% considering the card as is

Because, once again, we don't KNOW that it doesn't effect him. If they load up a card with guys all taking ppv points, that money is coming from somewhere. PPV points are only part of his pay. Maybe, in the case of a card full of guys getting points, he would take a hit on show money.

If that is the case, he has every right to be against that. As HE is the one providing the bulk of the buys, NOT the other guys on the card.
If it effects him then yeah, I don't see a problem necessarily even though I would do differently.

If it doesn't then it's a dick move and kinda fucked up.

Whichever is true, idk. That's just my opinion.

What are your feelings on the matter ?

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.

I don't think it affects Mcgregor earnings at all if other fighters are on the card as there are only a few that can increase the PPVs beyond what he can do with his own promotion, I don't think the UFC can afford to have too many other PPV earners on a card with Conor though. Most of the top earners in the UFC have a sliding scale format for their PPV pay. They would have in their contract that they earn 0 per PPV for anything under a certain threshold then sliding scale up. From memory each PPV in the US is $49.99 so if Conor is receiving $5-$10 for anything over a million buys it reduces the ability to have other PPV earners on the card, I am sure Khabib would have a $ per buy sliding scale built into his contract too.

Lmao

9F4c.gif
Man, that was well done.
He sure got cranky, huh?
Must have been something you said, hitting a nerve or two.

Poor fighters. If only they could.... Something back

I'm not explaining every reference to you. If you don't get it. Then leave it alone.
I know she’s behind the union and lawsuit deal. What I’m asking is what the hell you think she can do about it. If you can’t explain yourself then don’t bother throwing sphaghetti on the wall.

Conor is obviously underpaid considering everyone is freaking out and trying to get on his cards. He gets guys paid. lmao

It sucks for ufc that they can't build stars off his cards but conor has taken his brand to a level where he can make those demands.
Why can't they build stars?

Guys who are getting PPV points are already stars.
The UFC needs NEW stars and they can build guys like Sean O'Malley or Gregor Gillespie who will get a huge platform to perform on.

Man, that was well done.
He sure got cranky, huh?
Must have been something you said, hitting a nerve or two.
Conor fans are just a sensitive bunch is all. I couldn't imagine living through someone's accomplishments like they're my own.

But pissing off Conor fans does bring a smile on my face.

Of course he SHOULD get all of the cut. Hes the reason people buy the PPV. Let's be real here...

What are your feelings on the matter ?

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.
How the fuck is it spiteful to not gift his money to fighters he doesn't know?

I think your mistaken

From what I understand, a PPV point would be a dollar or percentage of the PPV buys.

So if Conor agrees to 1 dollar on every PPV(500k), he gets 500k.

It doesn't matter if Woodley also has a deal for 2 points. Woodley gets 1000k for 2 points and Conor still gets 500k for 1 point.

The only person "losing their share" is UFC.

To say "the only person losing their share is the UFC" is right on the surface level but it goes much more deeper than that. The UFC will have a number they have in mind that they will not go over or else doing the card is not worth it to them. Conor is trying to get as close to that number as possible with him getting all the money. Take away the 4 mil for the 2 extra champions on UFC 205 and that is 4mil more Conor can negotiate for easily. So the UFC pays the same but all that money instead goes to Conor. Everyone is happy except the champions who leech off Conor's hard work.

The majority of MMA fighters have done nothing but talk shit about Conor over the years, and there was a lot of kicking a man when he's down going on after McGregor vs Diaz 1, so no I really don't have much of a problem with Conor eating what he brings to the table instead of feeding some ungrateful peasants.

Honestly the UFC could not afford to give multiple people points on a McGregor card without breaking even or making little profit. If Mcgregor gets 3-5 a buy his opponent gets 1-3 then there is not much left for others when UFC already splits revenue 55/45 with providers.
Conor earns far more that $3-5 per buy, his contract isn't remotely close to anyone elses in the UFC.

Back