McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

He doesn't want people who have no relation to him whatsoever making money off of him.

Is normal.
That and also other fighters do not bring any value by not being able to do any useful additional promotion.

It does that’s the point, there are only so many ppv points to go around and the ufc still turn a profit and keep the shareholders happy.

If there are other fighters getting points he can’t get as many, he wants all the points for himself.

I think your mistaken

From what I understand, a PPV point would be a dollar or percentage of the PPV buys.

So if Conor agrees to 1 dollar on every PPV(500k), he gets 500k.

It doesn't matter if Woodley also has a deal for 2 points. Woodley gets 1000k for 2 points and Conor still gets 500k for 1 point.

The only person "losing their share" is UFC.

Conor is always talking about giving fighters Red Panty Nite .... I don't think he is trying to cut others PPV points unless he gains PPV points when no-one else on his card is getting any.

all these fighters begging to get on his events so they can hang off his coattails. They don't want to promote the show themselves but want the spoils of Mcgregor doing it, is that fair?

Most of these fighters have talked shit about him at one time or the other and doubted him, so why the hell should he be inclined to give them money out of his own pocket? More or less, why should WE criticize him for it? Should Conor want to have Tyron on the card? DC? TJ? Holloway? etc. They can move the needle themselves.
exactly, all these DNB's bitched about Conor throwing the dolly yet he is the one who risked jailtime and deportation to promote a future fight. Brilliant tactical move and he deserves the payday to himself.

He's the biggest UFC star at the moment and, apart from Mayweather, the biggest star in combat sports, so it seems only logical

I mean 90 percent of buys will be because of him. He is already sharing a huge part with Khabib cause he gets ppv points. Its only fair that no other fighters get a huge part of the pie...this is capitalism where everybody gets paid according to their performance (financial not athletic) and not communism
99 percent

I think your misunderstood.

From what I understand, a PPV point would be a dollar or percentage of the PPV buys.

So if Conor agrees to 1 dollar on every PPV(500k), he gets 500k.

It doesn't matter if Woodley also has a deal for 2 points. Woodley gets 1000k for 2 points and Conor still gets 500k for 1 point.

The only person "losing their share" is UFC.
You are correct in the fact that a point is a percentage per buy, but there are only so many points to go around and still be profitable.

Anyone else getting points, limits the points he’s able to ask for.

Let’s look at it like this.

Mcgregor asks for 5 points, kahib wants 5 also, but only gets 3.

That’s 8 points, to keep math simple let’s say only ten points are on the table.

There are only 2 points now left to go around, but he doesn’t want the undercard fighters getting them.

He wants that 7(and probubaly actually the ten that are available but he knows who ever he fights is gonna have to get some. )

The ufc can’t lose their share, the shareholders won’t stand for it and the show won’t happen.

UFC doesn’t do this for charity

If he stopped buying dumb shit and doing coke, he wouldn't have to worry about money. At all.

99 percent

It's a subpar event without the main. Sans the main, it probably would do pretty poorly. Maybe 150k. Therefore, if 1% = 150,000 buys, 100% would be 15,000,000 buys. So it will be interesting to comeback here after I bookmark the thread, and see how close you were to your prediction of 15mil buys.

You are correct in the fact that a point is a percentage per buy, but there are only so many points to go around and still be profitable.

Anyone else getting points, limits the points he’s able to ask for.

Let’s look at it like this.

Mcgregor asks for 5 points, kahib wants 5 also, but only gets 3.

That’s 8 points, to keep math simple let’s say only ten points are on the table.

There are only 2 points now left to go around, but he doesn’t want the undercard fighters getting them.

He wants that 7(and probubaly actually the ten that are available but he knows who ever he fights is gonna have to get some. )

I would believe the UFC and Conor/fighters have already come to terms on "points". Maybe the value can raise based on reaching promotional benchmarks, but I don't think your scenario is correct, where fighters come to terms on points based on who else is on the show, and getting what. That sounds like trouble.

but to be fair, I have no clue.

It's a subpar event without the main. Sans the main, it probably would do pretty poorly. Maybe 150k. Therefore, if 1% = 150,000 buys, 100% would be 15,000,000 buys. So it will be interesting to comeback after I book this and see how close you were to your prediction of 15mil buys.
name one fight on that card beside the main event... exactly!

He’s a bigger draw and worked for it harder than most of the other guys. You eat what you kill. Why give someone half of the pie you baked?

He’s a bigger draw and worked for it harder than most of the other guys. You eat what you kill. Why give someone half of the pie you baked?

Why cut the heads off the guys on the floor picking up crumbs?

what the fuck is Leslee smith going to do about Conor demanding the only ppv points as part of his contract? This is a fucking contracted sport, bud. If you think there is any legal merit to sue over a fighter not being offered ppv points undercard for a different fighter you are tripping balls, son.
I'm not explaining every reference to you. If you don't get it. Then leave it alone.

So people are shitting on him because he is not giving fighters who hate him a chance to leach off his success? Why should Conor feel obligated to give these bums a slice of the pie when he's bringing all the revenue? He's not running a charity.

Conor haters continue to expose themselves as the bitter losers that they are. Jesus Christ.

Ho move, what other fighters make doesn't affect what he makes and he shouldn't care what others are or aren't making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back