McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

As long as it doesn't have anything to do with his payout, why should he care?

BREAKING: fighter got injured fighting.

Sounds like a dick move but let's be real. He is THE draw on whatever card he fights on. I can see him not wanting them to put a fly, bw, or ww title fight on the card to pad it, when nobody is tuning in for that.

I don't like the guy but he makes sense here.

Definitely it makes sense. But as someone who talks about empathizing and wanting to help other fighters its going the other way on this one. And other big stars like Brock and Ronda who carried cards by themselves would take a lot from the company but never went that far. Like i recall DC saying that for UFC 200, Brock texted him saying 'merry christmas' because he knew that daniel was gonna get paid out.

To all the people that are mad or think it's unfair, how about the fighters that do NOTHING to sell fights then clamor to be on a Conor card so they can cash in? Isn't that bullshit?

If it's just about fighting and you're "above" promotion then fine, but don't ever complain about money.

Business is warfare. Fuck all who stand in your way.

They aren't a value add

The co main isn't helping draw in viewers any more than the dark matches are in this case

Definitely it makes sense. But as someone who talks about empathizing and wanting to help other fighters its going the other way on this one. And other big stars like Brock and Ronda who carried cards by themselves would take a lot from the company but never went that far. Like i recall DC saying that for UFC 200, Brock texted him saying 'merry christmas' because he knew that daniel was gonna get paid out.
Yeah I get it, but Conor pulls in far above what anyone else does. Even Brock. And more media and promotion responsibility is put on Conor than anyone else.

I'm just tired of hearing fighters talk about being underpaid out of one side of their mouth, then say just fighting is their only job and promoting is beneath them out of the other side. Promotion is part of prize fighting. Everyone didn't tune in to see Ali just because he was a good boxer. If they don't want to try to sell fights at all that's fine with me, but like I said in that case they shouldn't EVER complain about their pay. It's like a guy at your job coming in doing the bare minimum, working no overtime, not covering anyone, then saying why don't I get promoted? You want more money, you gotta do more work.

Title is misleading. Broken telephone going on. Conor is not going to stop people from getting their deals.

If you're getting PPV points, you're getting them. Conor can't change that.

He doesn't want those fighters, who get points, on his card.

McGregor has proven himself to be a trashy sellout. What is shocking about this

If it's someone who adds nothing to the buys, but cuts into his PPV share, I understand entirely. He's already changing 1 bum life. It's not his responsibility to move all of MMA out of poverty.

@Newave

Well, I look at it like the more money I have and can get, the more I can help out the people around me I genuinely care about, such as family and close friends. And I care a lot more about them than I do the other fighters on the card trying to make it. So because of that I'd definitely always try and position myself to get the best deal possible. Even if I was already a multi-millionaire.

The ppv points in the other fighters contracts are likely very low. If I was Conor getting 10-20 million guaranteed plus many more millions in ppv and backroom bonuses, there’s no way I could take another million or two (if that) from other fighters and still sleep at night. I already comfortably take care of my family and those close to me, and I make way less than Conor.

Don't believe that is true. And that is up to the UFC..

He dresses like Nick Nolte or Gary Busy lol

article-0-1A821EC8000005DC-540_634x1020.jpg

200px-Gary_Busey_%281976%29.jpg

article-2233994-160A0A3C000005DC-628_634x700.jpg

As long as it doesn't have anything to do with his payout, why should he care?
It does that’s the point, there are only so many ppv points to go around and the ufc still turn a profit and keep the shareholders happy.

If there are other fighters getting points he can’t get as many, he wants all the points for himself.

Thats why you will never be Conor lol
And neither will you fanboys. Quit living vicariously through him. Besides, who wants to be a fucking ugly Irish manlet with a tiny Wang?

But but but he's rich!...who gives a shit lmao I wouldn't trade a billion dollars for his stature.

If you don't know who or what I'm referring to then you are showing your posting age.
what the fuck is Leslee smith going to do about Conor demanding the only ppv points as part of his contract? This is a fucking contracted sport, bud. If you think there is any legal merit to sue over a fighter not being offered ppv points undercard for a different fighter you are tripping balls, son.

The ppv points in the other fighters contracts are likely very low. If I was Conor getting 10-20 million guaranteed plus many more millions in ppv and backroom bonuses, there’s no way I could take another million or two (if that) from other fighters and still sleep at night. I already comfortably take care of my family and those close to me, and I make way less than Conor.
Easy to say when it's hypothetical. In reality, across all fields, very few people are ever willing to just give a cut of money they've earned to someone else. Very, very few people.

Back