McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

UFC would pay out more if shittier non-needlemovers got to piggyback. I'll bet Giblert wished he was on a McGregor card where his contract was reported to have lower threshold for PPV pts.

McGregor doesn't lose money, if UFC gives percentage or dollars on the PPV to another guy. The UFC would be giving their share up. I don't see how this effects McGregor, unless someone else who knows better can smarten me up.
I may be unclear in my statement
I dont think it's that giving a cut to another guy negatively effects McGregor
I think that being the solo-act on a card produces better data for future negotiations. To me, at least, it seems like a smart straightforward thing to prefer.

I'd be doing the same thing in Conor's position but the UFC should be trying to reach a compromise for there to be enough incentive to attract top fighters. Conor doesn't need other top fighters of his ppv but for the UFC given that there will be about 10 times more eyes on a Conor card vs a regular card they should be going out of their way to stack it with exciting fights like UFC189. 189 was a great advertisement for the UFC and that is how you hook new fans.

See I’m the opposite type of guy, I’d demand that every fighter on the card get ppv points, especially if I was already a multi millionaire.
Thats why you will never be Conor lol

Makes complete sense given the fact that he is a bigger star on his own than the ufc is as a whole...

Got'cha. Seems unnecessary but I don't know the process.
Yeah I'm wondering about whether or not it's true
Because even if it is, I can't imagine it being something anyone would talk about
like ever, when would that even come up?
Also 205, 194, and 196 all had title fights where fighters got points

See I’m the opposite type of guy, I’d demand that every fighter on the card get ppv points, especially if I was already a multi millionaire.

@Newave

Well, I look at it like the more money I have and can get, the more I can help out the people around me I genuinely care about, such as family and close friends. And I care a lot more about them than I do the other fighters on the card trying to make it. So because of that I'd definitely always try and position myself to get the best deal possible. Even if I was already a multi-millionaire.

Yeah I'm wondering about whether or not it's true
Because even if it is, I can't imagine it being something anyone would talk about
like ever, when would that even come up?
Also 205, 194, and 196 all had title fights where fighters got points

I would like to see the faces in the room when Conor shows his numbers and someone says "But Tyron Woodley was on that card".

I understand it, source is meh, but I could believe it.

Hes trying to motivate those other fighters to change their bum personalities
That's exactly the reason. Look at past events with Conor. Weidman, Rockhold, Woodley, and Wonderboy have all admitted that they love being on a Conor card as all the focus is on him, they don't have to promote as much, and they get a cut of the PPV's

Stuff that. Those bums should get paid diddly for being lazy.

9c36bc58231053.59f43e134797a.png

Sounds like a dick move but let's be real. He is THE draw on whatever card he fights on. I can see him not wanting them to put a fly, bw, or ww title fight on the card to pad it, when nobody is tuning in for that.

I don't like the guy but he makes sense here.

Why does Nate want to fight on his card so badly then? I thought it was to get a cut of ppv

Why should anyone else get a share of PPV when Conor is bringing all the buys?

Forgot he used to be on welfare. Forgot the opportunites he got from people willing to defend their belts. You cant teach humility.

are saying Khabib just gets a flat fee for this fight?
if so that's bs

Meh they can choose not to fight on that card.

They put other title fights on Conors card - Sherdog says he only does numbers because they stack his cards.

They dont put other title fights on Conors card - Sherdog says Conor wants all the ppv points for himself.

Back