McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

I don't disagree with what you're saying except the " money out of his own pocket" part.

If another fighter has PPV points it doesn't affect him in anyway since he gets whatever number they negotiated regardless.

I get that, but he can negotiate more for himself if the rest of the card is budgeted lower

Lol

You realize more ppv buys for the non Conor cards will give fighters better leverage to increase their pay. But you keep justifying your stealing. Most fans who claim to care are like you anyway.
Just keep choking on his bag. I don't pirate personally and think doing so hurts fighters. I would rather the UFC just have a Mcgregor fight and no others on a ppv so his fanboys like you can circle jerk together and not overshadow non-douche fighters.

Just keep choking on his bag. I don't pirate personally and think doing so hurts fighters. I would rather the UFC just have a Mcgregor fight and no others on a ppv so his fanboys like you can circle jerk together and not overshadow non-douche fighters.
You said people might as well pirate. Stand by your own words.

My dudes. To all of you who can't math very well, I'm gonna try to help.

Lots of people saying they don't understand how other people getting ppv point would effect McGregor's ability to.

The UFC can't give away a total of 100 ppv away to fighters. That's literally 100% of every ppv sold. They're trying to make money here.

If the provider takes 50 points, the UFC is left with 50 points to start with. My assumption is that they're not going to give more than 20 points, and that would be crazy high is assume.

So if the UFC is trying to give a total of 10-20 buys, that's a finite number. The more other fighters take, the less McGregor can go after.

I'm not making some sort of comment on how much he deserves or anything. Just trying to give an example to help the severely confused in here.
It seems that many people do not understand what pay per view points are, and this may be causing the confusion. PPV points are not the same as percentage points, but many posts in the thread seem to think the two terms are interchangeable. Traditionally, revenue generated by a PPV fight card is divvied up between a distributor (10%), the cable system provider (45%), and the promoter (UFC, 45%). Entities like HBO and Showtime act as the distributor and system provider resulting in 55-45 split. The UFC's share is 45%, but this does not mean they have 45 pay per view points to spread around. PPV points are not a slice of the pie.

Pay per view bonuses are calculated by applying contractually negotiated dollar amounts for each PPV buy between point A and B, point B and C, point C and D, and so on. Think of PPV buys as a line segment with end points of 0 and X, with X being the number of buys for a particular event. The previously negotiated points can the be plotted on the line segment and the pay per view bonus can be calculated.

For example: If fighter X 's contract stipulates he will receive a $1.00 bonus for every PPV buy between 250,000 and 500,000 (point A-B), $2.00 for every PPV buy between 500,000 and 750,000 (point B-C), $4.00 for every PPV buy between 750,000 and 1,000,000 (point C-D) , and $10.00 for every sale over 1,000,000.

If the PPV gets 1.2 million buys the fighters PPV bonus would be 3,750,000 (250,000+500,000+1,000,000+2,000,000)

For 400,000 buys, the fighters PPV bonus would 200,000

For 240,000 buys there would be no bonus.

Very few UFC fighters will ever be offered PPV points. Unless contractually stipulated, only fighters in the main or co-main event are eligible to receive points. Plus, by deciding to take a piece of the backend a fighter will need to accept less guaranteed money.

I understand this description is about clear as mud, so you want to add some context. These articles have, at least, some mention of the topic, as related to active fighter.

https://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/pay-p...cracked-up-to-be-for-champ-demetrious-johnson

https://mmajunkie.com/2013/01/eddie...ncludes-immediate-title-shot-pay-per-view-cut

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/24/...vealed-could-make-el-nino-richest-mma-fighter

That must explain why the rest of the card looks like this so far. Some decent fights, but if Khabib/Conor falls through there isn't much there to save the card...yet anyway. This card is only 6 weeks away or so.

Heavyweight Derrick Lewis vs. Alexander Volkov
Flyweight Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga
Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux vs. Dominick Reyes
Welterweight Ryan LaFlare vs. Tony Martin
Women's Bantamweight Lina Länsberg vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Women's Strawweight Michelle Waterson vs. Felice Herrig
Bantamweight Sean O'Malley vs. José Alberto Quiñónez

Back