McGregor /Aldo, Werdum/Cain 12/12 Rousey /Tate, Weidman / Rockhold Jan 2. at MGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain Glassquez is getting an instant rematch? Why? Werdum son'd Cain.

Besides the UFC wanting Cain to be champ. But I mean.. He fights 2-3 times over 4 year periods? Fuck that.

I hate immediate rematches. What if Cain wins a robbery decision? Then they're obligated to have a third fight that no one wants

I don't understand how Cain deserves a rematch. He put the HW title on hold for almost two years...

Werdum beat that ass. Rematches are stupid, especially this one.

It's nothing new though. Barao got a rematch with Dillashaw after getting his shit pushed in for almost 5 rounds and finished.

Weidman destroyed Silva, immediate rematch.

I find it fair to give long lasting champs a chance to show if it was an off night or other circumstances (injuries too late to pull out etc). It's not like Cain hasn't done it before, got brutally finished and came back with a horrible mauling in the rematch.

It's good for both of them, makes Werdum even more legit if he beats Cain again. The top 5 behind them is not as clear of a landscape it should be, we don't really have one most legit contender to challenge the champ. Let them find out in the meantime who rises up as the true #3. And then there's the Fedor negotiations...

Cain/Werdum 2 is disgusting. Far worse than Gus/DC or Condit/Lawler.

Fuck you UFC.
bc063aadfa9a2b3f2f4eba0cbe0beb67.gif

They really like pairing Weidman with Ronda.

They are realizing his marketing potential and showing him in the same card with Ronda is prime time advertisement. A lot of women are going to want to see that card because of Ronda, so why not give them the two handsome guys of middleweight to look at. Weidman's stock could skyrocket with a win, and Rockhold would not be a hard sell for that particular audience either.

I see a lot of good reasoning behind that decision.

They want the Mexican market. They need Cain for that. Location and market share is one of the biggest factors in matchmaking these days.

This, no other reason possible...

Nice cards but Werdum-Cain 2 makes me sad.

Instant rematches are supposed to be for close or controversial fights, not for fights where one guy gets completely tooled. Cain should have fought at least ONE other fighter before he got another shot at Werdum.

And yah, they have to put Rousey over Weidman-Rockhold. Rousey sells more tickets, gets more PPV buys, and more importantly will serve the function of helping put Weidman-Rockhold over with a larger fan base.

If you're Weidman or Rockhold, you'd have to be a complete idiot if you didn't DEMAND to be put on the card BELOW Rousey. Just the media tour benefits alone are massive.

Rousey gets tons of mainstream media coverage. If you have Weidman and Rockhold also along for those interviews it's a huge benefit to their visibility and careers. Even being on the same poster and in the same UFC Embedded videos is a big plus.

Now if only they'd give Werdum a different opponent it would be perfect. On the bright side, there's always the more than minor chance that Cain injures himself and they have to put in AA or Stipe....

Nice cards but Werdum-Cain 2 makes me sad.

Instant rematches are supposed to be for close or controversial fights, not for fights where one guy gets completely tooled. Cain should have fought at least ONE other fighter before he got another shot at Werdum.

And yah, they have to put Rousey over Weidman-Rockhold. Rousey sells more tickets, gets more PPV buys, and more importantly will serve the function of helping put Weidman-Rockhold over with a larger fan base.

If you're Weidman or Rockhold, you'd have to be a complete idiot if you didn't DEMAND to be put on the card BELOW Rousey. Just the media tour benefits alone are massive.

Rousey gets tons of mainstream media coverage. If you have Weidman and Rockhold also along for those interviews it's a huge benefit to their visibility and careers. Even being on the same poster and in the same UFC Embedded videos is a big plus.

Now if only they'd give Werdum a different opponent it would be perfect. On the bright side, there's always the more than minor chance that Cain injures himself and they have to put in AA or Stipe....

The really funny part about this is that when she was under him people complained that she's just riding his coat tails. Well, to be fair they complained about everything, but it appears the mongoose is on the other snake now.

Nothing against Weidman, I think he's a fine champion but I'll be pulling for Rockhard. It's going to be a hell of a fight.

In the past Botter has been fantastic but he's been way off throughout this year in some key areas. From his comment that Brock was definitely going to Bellator to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back