McGregor /Aldo, Werdum/Cain 12/12 Rousey /Tate, Weidman / Rockhold Jan 2. at MGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain/Werdum 2 is disgusting. Far worse than Gus/DC or Condit/Lawler.

I agree. Altitude/cage rust/blah blah aside, Werdum whooped Cain, and there's no need for immediate rematch, especially with a slew of potential exciting opponents for Werdum - not to mention the prospect of Cain winning the belt, then getting injured and putting the division on hold for 2 more years.

Condit/Lawler at least has the promise of violence, and I for one am not too sad about not seeing Hendrick's tobacco-chewing dry-humping self being passed over for a title shot. Woodley is getting passed over, but no one's really rallying for him to get the shot anyway - it's up to him (and to Hendricks) to show people like me why we should care whether or not he (or Hendricks) gets the title shot.

I used to be a huge Jones fan (no more after his hit-n-run). Whether he comes back or not, Gus/Cormier are fighting for second place, no matter what paper belt is involved. Truly, it should have been Bader getting the shot instead of Gus, but Bader is in the same boat as Hendricks and Woodley - it doesn't matter how many fights you grinded your way through, if your career highlights (played during the "Bring the Pain" intro) are knockouts of Vinny Magalhaes and Dean of Mean Keith Sardine.

Not into Cain/Werdum right now. Even with no obvious challanger give Cain another fight first.

Looking forward to seeing Sea Level Cain in a rematch against Werdum. I expected these cards. Werdum wanted to fight on the Aldo Card, and i had a feeling the UFC was going to split Rousey and Conor and put them on separate cards. I do not think Cain deserved a rematch. He is not active enough for my liking as well as champ. Should have fought at least one more time before another shot, since Werdum beat him in convincing fashion the last time.

Looking forward to seeing Sea Level Cain in a rematch against Werdum. I expected these cards. Werdum wanted to fight on the Aldo Card, and i had a feeling the UFC was going to split Rousey and Conor and put them on separate cards. I do not think Cain deserved a rematch. He is not active enough for my liking as well as champ. Should have fought at least one more time before another shot, since Werdum beat him in convincing fashion the last time.

Sorry bro Vegas is 2080 feet above sea level. Cain is fucked again.

Werdum destroys Cain again, Cain gets knocked out of contention, and finally, out of the picture for a while.

I'm tired of Cain, as well as DC.

We'll see what happens but that means three Vegas cards in less than two months cause Superbowl has to be Vegas.

Thats a mistake, too much in Vegas.

Should have skipped Jan PPV and done Ronda and Weidman Superbowl.

Put TJ/Cruz on Fox Jan show.

But figured they'd split Ronda/McGregor up after seeing how well she did.

They can sell more PPV back to back events than they would doubling them up, each card is a million buy PPV.

I have to admit. The fact Werdum/Cain is the Co-Main lessens how upset I am by it. Stipe was only off one win any how. Sad news is.

If they do Reem and JDS near than? And Werdum wins? Stipe and Andrei probably still wouldn't get it

I like Cain but this is absolutely ridiculous. He was a terrible champion and he got worked everywhere by Werdum so why is he getting an immediate rematch when Arlovski, Stipe and Junior all have a legitimate argument?

Cain does not deserve an immediate rematch for that dismal effort

Be out for well over a year due to injuries -> nearly ruin UFC 180 for pulling out due to said injuries -> don't make the effort to train at high altitude and get utterly annihilated in the fight -> get immediate rematch.

Lounds segit.

All logic dictates it should be
Of course she is. They'd be idiots to put the biggest draw in the sport under Weidman.
The biggest fight in the middleweight division is Rockhold/Weidman. It is probably the most interesting title fight of the year, outside of McGregor vs Aldo. Miesha has already lost twice to Ronda, and quite frankly has not improved enough for anyone to consider her having a realistic chance. Ronda vs Cyborg? Sure I could see that overshadowing Weidman/Rockhold. However Miesha vs Ronda 3 is a joke of title fight and should not in any regard be placed above the biggest middleweight fight since Silva/Weidman 2.

Looks good to me. I would agree that Cain doesn't deserve the rematch, but they want that Mexican market. Also I'm a Cain fan so.....:p

Will probably be going to the Aldo/McGregor and Cain/Werdum card.

UFC ruined JDS's stock when they rushed him to fight Cain. Not they will ruin Cains stock if he loses 2 in a row. Its called starting from the bottom once you lose UNLESS you have at least 5 title defenses in.

The biggest fight in the middleweight division is Rockhold/Weidman. It is probably the most interesting title fight of the year, outside of McGregor vs Aldo. Miesha has already lost twice to Ronda, and quite frankly has not improved enough for anyone to consider her having a realistic chance. Ronda vs Cyborg? Sure I could see that overshadowing Weidman/Rockhold. However Miesha vs Ronda 3 is a joke of title fight and should not in any regard be placed above the biggest middleweight fight since Silva/Weidman 2.

You are leaving out the fact that Ronda/Tate 3 will draw 2-3x what Weidman/Rockhold will.
You should be happy if you are a fan of either guy.
They will make more $$$ & be exposed to more people

Please don't tell me Ronda is the main event over Weidman.
She has to be. You can't have Weidman as the main event holding Ronda back. She drew more PPV buys on God awful cards vs. Zingano and Correia than she did in the co-main event of UFC 175 with a great fight in Weidman-Machida headlining it.

Considering Weidman is in on the PPV cut, if you are any kind of fan of Weidman, you should be hoping Ronda main events as well. It'll be much better for Weidman and his family letting Ronda main event and bring in the cash.

Be out for well over a year due to injuries -> nearly ruin UFC 180 for pulling out due to said injuries -> don't make the effort to train at high altitude and get utterly annihilated in the fight -> get immediate rematch.

Lounds segit.

Plus he doesn't even bring the Hispanic audience that UFC hoped he would

I have to admit. The fact Werdum/Cain is the Co-Main lessens how upset I am by it. Stipe was only off one win any how. Sad news is.

If they do Reem and JDS near than? And Werdum wins? Stipe and Andrei probably still wouldn't get it

Stipe I would think gets Rothwell next and the winner of that likely matches up with the Arlovski/Mir winner.

JDS vs Reem winner likely gets the shot at Werdum, should he beat Cain again.

Biggest fight? Hell no

Its the most interesting to sherdoggers, sure, but Ronda vs. Tate 3 is going to be the much bigger fight. It is probably going to pull a mil. Again, they'd be absolute morons to put it under a Weidman card.

I dont see what there is to complain about when everyone wins here. The UFC wins by selling a lot more. Ronda fans win. Weidman wins by getting more exposure being the fight right before Ronda. And even people not interested in Ronda win because they can turn the TV off after Weidman fights.

Dont like Cain/Werdum rematch even though it probably will be a different fight outside of Mexico.

Think Stipe should get it and Cain should have to win a fight first and then a rematch is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back