McGregor a paper champ

That's why you should never post here again.

Is this the sound of jimmies rustling?

They are booked to fight in a few months you idiot! Of course he needs to beat the champ to be considered the champ!

are you suggesting that i did not know they were booked for December? Or are you calling me names because you disagree with something?

I think you misunderstood something I said. I think a title and a belt are two different things. If McGregor wants to have the title of the best, he has to beat Aldo, i don't see how that's hard to understand. If Aldo does not return, his belt can be, rightly imo, viewed as legitimate. What part do you not agree with specifically?

No,someone who REFUSES to defend his title while being perfectly healthy doesn't deserve to be called champion.

No,someone who REFUSES to defend his title while being perfectly healthy doesn't deserve to be called champion.
But he makes it very clear that money is his first interest, not competition. Even his image is more important to him than defending his belt as the champion. the UFC isn't going to force him either so...

giphy.gif

But he makes it very clear that money is his first interest, not competition. Even his image is more important to him than defending his belt as the champion. the UFC isn't going to force him either so...

So I can say he's an excellent businessman and promoter but not a deserving and rightful champion.

You're having fun seeing a champion refusing to defend his title,letting 2 guys fight for the interim title when he is perfectly healthy? Well,each one his own.
If he fights this year, he'd still be more active than Aldo in his title defenses.

No, someone who's afraid to test himself against other champions is not a real champion.

Alright, anybody calling McGregor a "paper champion" clearly doesn't understand the definition of paper champion.

Let's avoid feeding the trolls here.

If he fights this year, he'd still be more active than Aldo in his title defenses.

Yeah I still remember when Aldo fought Barboza @WW while Edgar and Conor were fighting for the interim belt and Conor never faced Aldo.....oh no I wait i don't remember that ever happened.

Last edited:
Yeah I still remember when Aldo fought Barboza @WW while Edgar and Conor where fighting for the interim belt and Conor never faced Aldo.....oh no I wait i don't remember that ever happened.
I do remember Aldo taking over a year layoff between his Mendes and Edgar defenses. I hope you didn't think he was a paper champ then. I sure don't. Neither is McGregor. Quit crying and moaning because a loudmouth cocky SoB slept Aldo with one punch and shocked the world.

McGregor was ready to fight RDA and he pulled out.

No, someone who's afraid to test himself against other champions is not a real champion.
That's not what Conor is doing. He's taking low risk, high reward fights where his title isn't up for grabs and avoiding the division he made his name in because the man waiting for him is a man that was biologically designed to tear Conor a new ass. Conor knows it too. That's why he's holding on tight to that title as long as he can.

You fanboys can spin it either way you like, but after Diaz crushed your boy again, he's gonna have to either drop his title or defend it.

Alright, anybody calling McGregor a "paper champion" clearly doesn't understand the definition of paper champion.

Let's avoid feeding the trolls here.

Context is king. This thread was made before McGregor defeated Aldo. And at that point, his interim belt was meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back