McDonalds is Ruined

For the 1st time in 4 years I actually went into the local McDonalds and it is now a bunch of fuckin rat fuck touch screens w just 1 cashier!!! WTF?? I want to talk to people goddamn it.
FWIW, that's not what bothers me besides general concerns about automation and all that. I like the customization and convenience and getting food brought to my table. My main gripe with Mickey D's these days is the quality relative to price. I remember when they had a real value menu/dollar menu.

Poor people get free health insurance. A little bit more than poor and you get like 90% subsidized insurance. The only way you go hundreds of thousands in debt for medical expenses is if you don't know how to sign up for Obamacare/medicare and need help to do it. Granted, there are some people that disabled and need that kind of help. Those people also qualify for welfare and social security.
That doesn't help the working poor that make too much for medicaid, but can't afford an obamacare plan.

People parrot this stuff and never seem to know how low the cutoffs are. Either you don't work abd get welfare, food stamps, and medical. Once you get even a minimum wage job you MAY qualify for medicaid if you're lucky, but that's it.

nah bro I think the limit is 1300 dollars u make more than that and u don't qualify for medicare, and guess what? making 15 bucks an hour u go over that limit.

Good fuckin luck going to school paying for medical care and having enough money for rent while making 15 bucks per hour. It's really easy to tell when somebody has never been thru poverty, chronic illness or an accident.
Seriously these are republican talking points. Work 2 jobs and go to school full time? You better be a lucky, tireless genius. One thing goes wrong and you'll have to drop out. That exact thing happened to me in 2016.

That doesn't help the working poor that make too much for medicaid, but can't afford an obamacare plan.

People parrot this stuff and never seem to know how low the cutoffs are. Either you don't work abd get welfare, food stamps, and medical. Once you get even a minimum wage job you MAY qualify for medicaid if you're lucky, but that's it.

Dude... you are arguing with a dude that thinks 3months of free coding education can land you a job paying 100K /year.
I dont think that dude lives in the real world.

Dude... you are arguing with a dude that thinks 3months of free coding education can land you a job paying 100K /year.
I dont think that dude lives in the real world.
Yeah I know a dude with an AA in coding. He's working at the same warehouse I am. And just lol at getting a coding job with no existing contacts in the industry and no education.

It's hilarious that the argument is only kids should work these jobs. Our blue collar labor industries were gutted back in the 80s.

When you call a call center, go to home depot or target or the grocery store, do you see pimple faced teens working these jobs, or grown adults that can't find anything better?

nah bro I think the limit is 1300 dollars u make more than that and u don't qualify for medicare, and guess what? making 15 bucks an hour u go over that limit.

Good fuckin luck going to school paying for medical care and having enough money for rent while making 15 bucks per hour. It's really easy to tell when somebody has never been thru poverty, chronic illness or an accident.
I moved to one of the 3 most expensive cities in America with a car and $500 in the bank. Found a $15/ hour job + tips in 1 day and roommates in 1 week on Craigslist. Got rid of my car after 1 month.

Obamacare is subsidized at income levels higher than medicare.

School is free -- do 4 years serving your country. Or do 20 years and retire in your 30s. Or just get free job training + 4 years of experience in a high paying career like aircraft mechanics, logistics, etc. Save up $25000 in 4 years of free rent/ food. You don't even need to go to school or join the military; learning to code online is free.

I have a friend that did 4 years of aircraft mechanics; left the military with 4 years of experience, $25K and immediately found a job making $90K. Another friend did 20 years of desk work and retired at 38 with a monthly retirement pension, a house, and like $500K saved up. Got tons of friends who did 4 years and got free college on the GI bill. Have a few friends that did the coding thing and were making $70K-$100K within 6 months (3 months learning, 3 months to find a job).

Too fucked up to work? Even better, you get social security disability and can live for free while you go to school. Also knew someone that was schizo and did this.

Last edited:

After you don't qualify for medicaid, you get subsidized for a regular plan and only have to pay like $10 a month depending on your income.

You also didn't address the coding or military options.

After you don't qualify for medicaid, you get subsidized for a regular plan and only have to pay like $10 a month depending on your income.

You also didn't address the coding or military options.
I did address the coding. Maybe that might work in certain regions of the country, but I've certainly never seen a place hire coders with no experience. Military is frankly an absurd option these days.

And lol no, you're not getting an obamacare plan for 10 bucks a month. When I was making 9 bucks an hour my obamacare plans were more than that.

I did address the coding. Maybe that might work in certain regions of the country, but I've certainly never seen a place hire coders with no experience. Military is frankly an absurd option these days.

And lol no, you're not getting an obamacare plan for 10 bucks a month. When I was making 9 bucks an hour my obamacare plans were more than that.
The military just upped their budget to $700 billion. They'll take anybody with a pulse right now.

edit:

Did you apply for subsidies? I just typed in your income level to zip codes all around the country and you can get a catastrophic plan and literally have extra subsidy money left over for booze in most places.

Last edited:
Yeah I know a dude with an AA in coding. He's working at the same warehouse I am. And just lol at getting a coding job with no existing contacts in the industry and no education.
If you learn the skills for an $80-$100K job but decide you can't move to where the jobs are.. well, yeah, you'll work in a warehouse..

And just lol at getting a coding job with no existing contacts in the industry and no education.
I have 2 friends that took coding bootcamps. One was a crackhead and found a $75K job 2 months after the 3 month bootcamp. The other was actually pretty smart and he's making 6 figures, close to $200K by now. There are free coding bootcamps online.

Literally anyone can do the military, like literally just walk across the street and sign up. Then you get free college, 4 years of free job training + work experience in high paying careers, free food/ housing to save up tons of money, optional retirement after 20 years in your 30s.. Totally not an absurd option.

Last edited:
If you learn the skills for an $80-$100K job but decide you can't move to where the jobs are.. well, yeah, you'll work in a warehouse..

I have 2 friends that took coding bootcamps. One was a crackhead and found a $75K job 2 months after the 3 month bootcamp. The other was actually pretty smart and he's making 6 figures, close to $200K by now. There are free coding bootcamps online.

Literally anyone can do the military, like literally just walk across the street and sign up. Then you get free college, 4 years of free job training + work experience in high paying careers, free food/ housing to save up tons of money, optional retirement after 20 years in your 30s.. Totally not an absurd option.
It was a bad deal for my buddies that had to murder people and watch their friends die, and then come back with life altering PTSD.

And just lol at this super anecdotal coding tangent. Yes you know a couple guys that it worked out for. I have no idea what their background, skills, intelligence, experience, or work history look like. Or where these holy grail coding jobs are that will take literally anyone.

But this is all dodging the original issue. There are tens of millions of shit dead end jobs being churned out. Fucking walmart is one of the largest employers in the nation. Why is it ok that these companies are creating a flood of work that nobody can live on, while being subsidized by our government? You guys act like people are asking for handouts.

They absolutely are not. A full time job (that will almost always require open availability, and refuse to work around a school schedule or second job) should pay someone enough to live a spartan existence.

The military just upped their budget to $700 billion. They'll take anybody with a pulse right now.

edit:

Did you apply for subsidies? I just typed in your income level to zip codes all around the country and you can get a catastrophic plan and literally have extra subsidy money left over for booze in most places.
I got denied any tax credits at all for a couple years during obamacare. All because I was separated with my wife at the time, which apparently made me ineligible for benefits. Even appealed and was denied. Just another little anecdote of how many weird things can screw you out of nowhere, that you can't really prepare for.

Anyway once that was finally resolved (literally just had to wait until the next year and was given no other options) I was able to get an obamacare plan at a relatively reasonable price. MUCH more than 10 bucks a month tho, and yes after subsidies.

Only because I was staying with friends though. If you're paying your own rent on $10 or $12 an hour there's no money for insurance premiums and copays. And you make too much for medicaid or food stamps if you work any full time job that pays more than minimum wage.

And I do not work at a fast food place. As I said I already moved over a thousand miles to somewhere with real jobs. Everything decent here is $15+ . If everywhere in the nation was like this, id say work hard or die.

When I see someone at a wendys here I say fuck em, he chose to work here. There aren't choices everywhere, and it's damn hard to pick up your entire life and move. Risky too.

Also should everyone just move to these tiny pockets of the country that are livable? Is that a suitable longterm solution to the problem of not enough entry level jobs that pay a living wage?

The answer is always don't be on the bottom rung of society, but statistically many millions of people are going to be. Our economy depends on it. I'm fine with that but those people should be able to live.

There's literally no reason other than sheer greed and corruption that people should have to work 2 to 3 jobs to support themselves in a first world country.

I got denied any tax credits at all for a couple years during obamacare. All because I was separated with my wife at the time, which apparently made me ineligible for benefits. Even appealed and was denied. Just another little anecdote of how many weird things can screw you out of nowhere, that you can't really prepare for.

Anyway once that was finally resolved (literally just had to wait until the next year and was given no other options) I was able to get an obamacare plan at a relatively reasonable price. MUCH more than 10 bucks a month tho, and yes after subsidies.

Only because I was staying with friends though. If you're paying your own rent on $10 or $12 an hour there's no money for insurance premiums and copays. And you make too much for medicaid or food stamps if you work any full time job that pays more than minimum wage.

honestly you guys in usa have the greatest poor mans savior which is the military,plus it gives you free ride to college after

if i was in states i would have gone in to military immediatly at 18,instead of hanging out with homeless,

agree with everything else you wrote.

In my opinion by far the best McDonalds you can eat nowadays is found in places like Dubai. They make burgers/fries just how I remember them as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s.

honestly you guys in usa have the greatest poor mans savior which is the military,plus it gives you free ride to college after

if i was in states i would have gone in to military immediatly at 18,instead of hanging out with homeless,

agree with everything else you wrote.
It's an option for sure. I considered it for a time but ended up deciding against it. Good thing too, the Never Ending War started not long after, and I would have been deployed and either killed, or I would have come back completely fucked up from PTSD like my friends that went over. I'm not really morally ok with going to some other nation to murder people just because the government said so either.

I'm not a patriotism kind of dude, I'd have to trust our government a lot more than I do to kill for them. I'm good.

<puh-lease75>

capitalism, the greatest economic system of all time, will replace all with robots, its inevitable, soon a robot will grow the food, a robot will cook the food, a robot will deliver the food, you will bang a robot, robots will make all life easier

and then we will be destroyed by robots

Make up your mind bro. We are either dying to robot overlords or disease. Or is it gonna be diseased robots with a techno virus?

Make up your mind bro. We are either dying to robot overlords or disease. Or is it gonna be diseased robots with a techno virus?
look, humanity will be decimated and billions will die of chinese flu, then it will rise back up, only to die in the hands of the robot you used to bang

edit: techno virus is also a posibility

Back