Opinion McConnell to donors - single-payer is "far-left experiment," let's try repeal & replace again

McConnell cares about big money and corporations way more than he cares about the average middle class American. He even said he cares about the industry. The industry of charging 30 dollars for a kleenex and turning 43% of cancer patients bankrupt. We certainly need a better syst, but not the type he's lobbying for. And repealing Obamacare right now will leave millions without health insurance. People will legitimately die. There needs to be a set plan put into action when Obamacare is replaced

I love dealing with the dmv, irs, and the tsa.

It's exactly the type of quality and accountability we need in healthcare

Or you could use the military, GI Bill, social security, NASA, Medicare as examples.

I don't have to deal with any of those.

But speaking of GI, the VA is a great example.

Well what about all the others I named. And the VA Seems to have a funding problem.

And we should get rid of the VA anyway. Put that money into universal healthcare. Everyone is covered no need for the VA

The VA yall speak of no longer exist, we have great programs and choices now.

Minus the spending problem...

Huh? Biden was VP and Pelosi was a major player (perhaps the most important) in getting the ACA passed. Your comment makes no sense!
The ACA was written by the medical insurance industry and resulted in massive profit increases. This is why the republicans only feign opposition to it but have no real plans of removing it.

Your comment effectively translates to
"Huh? But Biden and Pelosi were massive players in passing legislation that overwhelmingly favored the insurance industry, how are they for the insurance industry?"

The ACA was written by the medical insurance industry and resulted in massive profit increases. This is why the republicans only feign opposition to it but have no real plans of removing it.

Your comment effectively translates to
"Huh? But Biden and Pelosi were massive players in passing legislation that overwhelmingly favored the insurance industry, how are they for the insurance industry?"
What you're failing to grasp is that it helped millions of regular people too. I'm ok with the fact it helped regular people and insurance companies.

What you're failing to grasp is that it helped millions of regular people too. I'm ok with the fact it helped regular people and insurance companies.
It never helped me once, and it didnt help millions of other poor people. I was/am too poor to afford insurance, I never got medical coverage out of the whole thing, and the only thing that did happen was that money was taken out of my taxes for not having coverage. Explain to me how this was good for me.

What you're failing to grasp is that profit incentives tied to health care are inherently immoral, and that legislation that is good for insurance companies cannot also be good for regular people. The ACA was a corporatist disaster and you're only supporting it because you're a tribal democrat and it is/was Obama's biggest policy achievement.

A yes private health insurance and out of network physicians at an in network hospitals for pre-approved procedures resulting in 10s of thousands in balance bills; what a treat that is to deal with.

It never helped me once, and it didnt help millions of other poor people. I was/am too poor to afford insurance, I never got medical coverage out of the whole thing, and the only thing that did happen was that money was taken out of my taxes for not having coverage. Explain to me how this was good for me.

I don't know your situation but if you're a low income earner cheap or free coverage is available. And since the penalty is based on AGI it would be small or nothing if you're truly a low income earner. So your anecdote doesn't add up. If you're not a low income earner maybe you have bad spending habits?

What you're failing to grasp is that profit incentives tied to health care are inherently immoral, and that legislation that is good for insurance companies cannot also be good for regular people. The ACA was a corporatist disaster and you're only supporting it because you're a tribal democrat and it is/was Obama's biggest policy achievement.

I've already explained how it can be good for regular people too. You're not trying to address what I've said.

Well what about all the others I named. And the VA Seems to have a funding problem.

And we should get rid of the VA anyway. Put that money into universal healthcare. Everyone is covered no need for the VA
I honestly couldn't comment on those, I don't know much about dealing with them.

A yes private health insurance and out of network physicians at an in network hospitals for pre-approved procedures resulting in 10s of thousands in balance bills; what a treat that is to deal with.
They both suck, that's for sure. (Traditional "private" and state run)

I don't know your situation but if you're a low income earner cheap or free coverage is available. And since the penalty is based on AGI it would be small or nothing if you're truly a low income earner. So your anecdote doesn't add up. If you're not a low income earner maybe you have bad spending habits?

I've already explained how it can be good for regular people too. You're not trying to address what I've said.
Maybe you already explained that but you didn't explain it to me. "cheap" coverage in terms of healthcare is irrelevant when you can't afford it. And yes, the tax penalty was relatively minor but my point still stands. I still have no coverage, but now I'm fined on top of it. So explain how that's good for me.

I lost my great personal physician two years ago when my private, company plan decided to place him out of network. But I guess that's OK. Just the way the market rolls, right?

I blame Obama

As an outsider, the US health system is one of most confusing aspects of your country. Its so obviously corrupt and a bad deal for everyone, yet it remains the same. Just too much profit to be made, I guess.

I had one experience with the US health care system. Injured myself snowboarding and went for an xray. Cost me $900, which is nuts. Back home (New Zealand), I could have the same injury, same procedure and walk out without even thinking about a bill. However, I was willing to accept it because I'm a foreigner who doesn't pay taxes etc (and my travel insurance sorted most of it). Then I saw the actual invoice. I got charged $10 for two ibuprofen. That's fucking criminal. Just straight up theft.

Oh, and it took over a year to get the bill finally sorted because the hospitals billing department was in another state to the hospital, the doctors were independent contractors or something, and they couldn't email me an invoice, so they had to fax it to me. In 2013. A fucking FAX. Even when I provided my info, the hospital couldn't work out how to contact an international insurer, so it went to debt collection before being eventually sorted well over a year later.

It blows me away that you have citizens fighting to keep the current system.

American politics is fucking nuts.

As an outsider, the US health system is one of most confusing aspects of your country. Its so obviously corrupt and a bad deal for everyone, yet it remains the same. Just too much profit to be made, I guess.

I had one experience with the US health care system. Injured myself snowboarding and went for an xray. Cost me $900, which is nuts. Back home (New Zealand), I could have the same injury, same procedure and walk out without even thinking about a bill. However, I was willing to accept it because I'm a foreigner who doesn't pay taxes etc (and my travel insurance sorted most of it). Then I saw the actual invoice. I got charged $10 for two ibuprofen. That's fucking criminal. Just straight up theft.

Oh, and it took over a year to get the bill finally sorted because the hospitals billing department was in another state to the hospital, the doctors were independent contractors or something, and they couldn't email me an invoice, so they had to fax it to me. In 2013. A fucking FAX. Even when I provided my info, the hospital couldn't work out how to contact an international insurer, so it went to debt collection before being eventually sorted well over a year later.

It blows me away that you have citizens fighting to keep the current system.

American politics is fucking nuts.
It's confusing when you think of America as an actual country. When you think of America as a corporate captured dystopic state, then it makes sense. The corporations run American society from top to bottom. They run education, healthcare, the government, and virtually all sectors of life and industry.

I'd much rather deal with the DMV than the billing department at any hospital.

Back