McCallum vs McClellan

both guys are terrible matchups for each other. i wanna say mcclellan stops mike but idk

McCallum via not being a POS:

According to an article in The Observer, McClellan participated in dog fighting.[14][15]McClellan's trainer and family admitted that McClellan was involved with fighting pitbulls, and on one occasion had used tape to bind the jaws of a Labrador shut before allowing his pet pitbull "Deuce" to kill it.[16][1

But on a serious note in the squared circle I’d say McCallum. He fought a much higher level of comp across the entirety of his career and took a prime Toney to a Draw.

McCallum via taking McClellan’s punch and giving him back the same punishment, and then some.

McCallum via taking McClellan’s punch and giving him back the same punishment, and then some.

Well stated. Not to mention McClellan has a very underwhelming list of scalps on his resume. Jackson and Mugabi........................and then who?

McCallum for me, too. McClellan was a monster of a puncher, and took what he gave in Jackson fights but McCallum had power and was probably one of the classiest fighters you could name. He had it all.

Stopping McCallum is a very unlikely scenario for anyone
i know i know. i genuinely have no idea who would win this and i cant see mcclellan winning a decision. mccallum never beat a guy with the combination of speed, power, and skill that mcclellan brings but mcclellan never beat a fighter with the skills, chin, body work, and timing of mccallum. there’s really no fight in either guys resumé to compare this one to

Well stated. Not to mention McClellan has a very underwhelming list of scalps on his resume. Jackson and Mugabi........................and then who?
personally, i think they should have stopped the benn fight when mcclellan sent him through the ropes. he was completely out for like 5 seconds. that was fury/wilder-ish where you’re like “why is the ref counting? he’s out” and then the guy gets back up. i think moorer had a similar wtf-revival in the cooper fight too.

but that fight fucked both guys’ careers. both took absurd punishment and benn was never the same

personally, i think they should have stopped the benn fight when mcclellan sent him through the ropes. he was completely out for like 5 seconds. that was fury/wilder-ish where you’re like “why is the ref counting? he’s out” and then the guy gets back up. i think moorer had a similar wtf-revival in the cooper fight too.

but that fight fucked both guys’ careers. both took absurd punishment and benn was never the same
Yeah, add in that because he went through ropes, the rule there was 15 seconds not 10, so Benn was allowed to come back and not only score massive win that took years off his own career, but also ended McClellans career and quality of life altogether. Strange... Karma seems to find these guys with dubious personal life's. Look at Adonis Stevenson too. Seems so damn coincidental.

Yeah, add in that because he went through ropes, the rule there was 15 seconds not 10, so Benn was allowed to come back and not only score massive win that took years off his own career, but also ended McClellans career and quality of life altogether. Strange... Karma seems to find these guys with dubious personal life's. Look at Adonis Stevenson too. Seems so damn coincidental.
those two guys definitely had something coming. as morbid as it is, maybe stevenson will see it the same way and use this as a wake up call.

as for benn, he essentially lost all of his career from that fight. i’m sure a lot of it was mental and he never recovered from hurting someone so badly but he had only been fighting 7 or 8 years (like mcclellan) and just faded immediately. he went from his physical prime to out of the sport a couple years later. if that fight had been stopped when it should have been, who knows what the 90’s 160/168 divisions would have looked like

Gerald's size would be an issue. That motherfucker is one of the most underrated punchers of all time too. The Jamaican was one tough bastard tho, and his body work would've been an issue as it always was for his opponents. I gotta take Gerald but it's a great thread fr. No wrong answer.

McClellan is one of the biggest enigmas in boxing, he hit hard, but he hit hard when faced with fighters who were much smaller than him, and against the only decent fighter at his proper weight...he lost....

He didnt just lose, he lost like the dogs he used to put up in fights against others, he was a shitty human and we shouldnt forget that just because he ended up the way he did

McClellan is one of the biggest enigmas in boxing, he hit hard, but he hit hard when faced with fighters who were much smaller than him, and against the only decent fighter at his proper weight...he lost....
???? you think nigel benn is the only “decent” fighter mcclellan faced?

if you’re saying we should discredit or ignore mcclellan’s victories below SMW because (in your opinion) he should have been fighting there all along, that’s a hilarious take.

if you’re saying we should discredit or ignore mcclellan’s victories below SMW because (in your opinion) he should have been fighting there all along, that’s a hilarious take.

He beat Julian Jackson, who wasnt even a proper MW....lets not glorify his record, he fought nobody

He didnt just lose, he lost like the dogs he used to put up in fights against others, he was a shitty human and we shouldnt forget that just because he ended up the way he did
I'm a dog lover too but that doesn't mean we have to pretend he wasn't a good fighter. His sparring partner mentioned prior to the Benn fight that he was doing that blinking in sparring after getting hit by a jab. He obviously went into that fight with a pre-existing condition. He damn near had Benn asleep in the first round and caught a second wind later on before succumbing to injury.

Back