McCall got paid

Good for him, I'm glad he still got paid. That must be an unimaginable level of frustration to work your ass off for eight weeks only to have your opponent drop out. Hopefully they get Uncle Creepy another big fight soon.

So Scoggins at BW now... I'd love to see him fight Michinori Tanaka. Seems like a good entry fight into the division for him.

terrible idea. if the contract was written to say, "winner takes all" then yes, but otherwise not the right or the smart thing to do.
I bet everyone would make weight...

It's a bit tricky. I'm guessing Scoggins doesn't get paid, so the UFC actually paid out less $$$ than they would have. Uncle Creepy misses out on potential win money (if it's structured that way - it likely is) and the opportunity for performance of the night money too. I'm guessing he'd rather have fought and tried to get some of that than not fight and get just half.

McCall got both his show and win money. McCall isn't making a lot of money so the UFC will pull favors in these situations which I think they should. if McCall was making $150k to show there wouldn't be a chance in hell they would pay him a win bonus.

Back