McCain and Bush are now Media Darlings

anyone else find this a bit strange/hypocritical?

I remember the 8 years of George Bush's presidency and he was shit on the whole time by the media (rightfully so in hindsight).

When McCain was running against Obama, he was also the enemy of the media.

Now, they are both portrayed as fluffy, cuddly teddy bears.
You're correct. It's most disgusting and pathetic coming from so called liberals. I expect it from some on the right. There's liberals defending war criminals because of how they behave in front of cameras, not for what they actually did. Who gives a fuck if someone who is responsible for horrible policy is well mannered? Fucking ridiculous. Apparently actions don't speak louder than words.

The left is just as much a bunch of warhawks that the right is. The thing that the two parties agree on is war.
You're correct, except I wouldn't call any warhawk a leftist; liberals, Democrats (not all but many), CNN, etc, are not necessarily on the left. In the case of many in the DP they're centrists if we're being generous. The Overton Window has shifted so far to the right in the US that many see those institutions as left, but they are not.

Last edited:
Bush is a painter now.

170226170838-bush-painting-super-tease.jpg

And if you take away the whole Iraq, possible war criminal thing thing, he kind of *is* a cuddly teddy bear these days. He looks like guilt ridden over, anytime he's in an interview or special.

As per @Trotsky he is better than the average republican.

I personally thought he was a terrible president. Fucking horrrrrrible. But, time has passed, and Obama helped sooth the pain some (until ACA). Now we have Trump to compare him to. Yet still, Trump hasn't thrown us into any major wars (yet).

The media on McCain's nuts is pure Anti-Trump propaganda. If Hilary was president this wouldn't be anywhere near the story that it is now. Don't fall for it.

I like how you guys can make up this alternate universe with such conviction you “know” how it would be if “this person” was here, WHEN YOU DON’T.

At least Trump is better than Hillary, if she were in office we’d be at war with Russia already. How the fuck do you know.

What I do know, if she was in office, we’d still have the original cabinet members running their departments and not praying they’ll be arrested and the rest of the World would still respect us. Those things I do know.

Not sure that he can't be bought since he's a greedy narcissist, but that's beside the point, can he be blackmailed? Some of you guys really have blinders on, rationalizing why Trump would kiss Putin's ass, and ignoring all the ties to Russia that have been reported.
You’re taking the media style and Don’s public displays of niceties over the actual reality that he has been tougher on Russia than any president in recent memory.

You forfeited the argument when you responded to the last post with a gif because you couldn't carry your burden. You don't get to restart the argument after you dick tucked.

What do you have now? Someone that is facilitating a soaring economy, can’t be bought, doesn’t buy into the globalist agenda and doesn’t sugarcoat and utilize political correctness.

I can see how that could be troubling.

If all that is true, then why are his approval ratings so low, and his disapproval ratings so high? You'd think just the opposite would be true, no?

And before you say polls are useless after the last election, both trump and Jr were recently touting his high approval ratings (falsely) as compared to Obama.

2018%2F08%2F10%2F26%2F5a1e32b362654e62a64de5cc221dba5d.9cfe0.jpg

But all that aside, and assuming those are, in fact, true, you left out the fact that trump (and his campaign) is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation, his campaign chairman was just found guilty on eight felony counts, (and will likely be re-tried on the other ten counts and has another upcoming trial later this month,) his personal lawyer just plead guilty to eight felony charges, his deputy campaign chairman plead guilty, as did his foreign policy advisor, the national security advisor, etc etc. I'm sure I'm leaving several people out.

That's also not including his foundation's lawsuit, the trump U scam, the 130 plus federal lawsuits just since inauguration, and on and on.

So either he doesn't hire "all the best people," he chooses to surround himself with felons, or everyone is out to get him.

Whether or not "he can't be bought," as you put it, also seems to be part of that ongoing investigation, so we'll have to see how that one pans out.

I'm not surprised. Each new batch of Republicans makes the preceding one look good. I honestly pine for the days of the Bush era when all they wanted to do is murder tens of thousands of Iraqis. These days it feels like the gun has been turned inwards.
Wrong.

The gun is just pointed at you. For the rest of us life is great and getting better.

Yes, anytime liberal media praise a conservative or conservative media praise a democrat, I become instantly suspicious. Given the left's posthumous nut-hugging of John McCain, I can only surmise that the only good republican is a dead republican.

I think Bush handles himself well as a former president.
His political decisions should of course still be criticised if the critism is valid.
But there is no reason not to give him respect overall.
Bush now seems like a decent POTUS.

If there is a more full of shit group of people than libtards, I don't wanna know about it.
They really are that dumb that they think their bullshit isn't as transparent as a crystal glass of water.

Bush was a disaster, both domestically and in foreign policy, what a joke.
Remember the crash? The Iraq war? 9 fucking 11?
The dude couldn't even string a sentence together.

McCain and G.W. Bush are prime examples of the privilege class. Both made their names off their fathers careers despite being dipshits. McCain was a poor student (graduated 894th of 899 in the naval academy) He went on to flight school and destroyed three jets and damaged two others, but his dads an Admiral so he gets a pass. Then went on to cause the worst disaster in naval history since WW2 when his jet caught on fire on the deck of the USS Forestall killing over 130 sailors and burning many others. He got shot down over North Vietnam by AAA because he disobeying orders by flying at low altitude, he claimed it was a SAM but records say otherwise. He was nicknamed "Songbird" in captivity for his cooperation with the North Vietnamese. That's enough for now.

The paradigm shift is now pretty much complete and most 'liberals' are now fully paid up shills for the corporate, war mongering globalists. More neocon than neocons like Bush ever were. The only time Trump got any favorable coverage from the msm media was when he capitulated and agreed to carry out air strikes on Syria. If Clinton had won and did what she promised (i.e all out slaughter in the Middle East) and anything similar to the anti Iraq war protests happened they would have been immediately smeared as alt-right, racist, bigoted etc.

The faux outpouring of grief over that piece of shit McCain has been especially nauseating.

I think most people thought bush was an alright guy, just horrible president. McCain was always touch and go. Nobody likes Trump because he apprears to be a douchebag.
I've never understood why people would claim a mass murderer to be an "alright guy"...

McCain and G.W. Bush are prime examples of the privilege class. Both made their names off their fathers careers despite being dipshits. McCain was a poor student (graduated 894th of 899 in the naval academy) He went on to flight school and destroyed three jets and damaged two others, but his dads an Admiral so he gets a pass. Then went on to cause the worst disaster in naval history since WW2 when his jet caught on fire on the deck of the USS Forestall killing over 130 sailors and burning many others. He got shot down over North Vietnam by AAA because he disobeying orders by flying at low altitude, he claimed it was a SAM but records say otherwise. He was nicknamed "Songbird" in captivity for his cooperation with the North Vietnamese. That's enough for now.

Contrasted with the exploits of Audie Murphy:

"The Germans scored a direct hit on an M10 tank destroyer, setting it alight, forcing the crew to abandon it. Murphy ordered his men to retreat to positions in the woods, remaining alone at his post, shooting his M1 carbine and directing artillery fire via his field radio while the Germans aimed fire directly at his position. Murphy mounted the abandoned, burning tank destroyer and began firing its .50 caliber machine gun at the advancing Germans, killing a squad crawling through a ditch towards him. For an hour, Murphy stood on the flaming tank destroyer returning German fire from foot soldiers and advancing tanks, killing or wounding 50 Germans. He sustained a leg wound during his stand, and stopped only after he ran out of ammunition. Murphy rejoined his men, disregarding his own injury, and led them back to repel the Germans. He insisted on remaining with his men while his wounds were treated."

Its embarrassing watching people pretend the media hasn't been orchestrating a face turn for Bush since Trump was elected.
And the coverage of Mccain's death was so over the top and forced it was pathetic. And it was purely to set up attacks on Trump (who is a piece of shit).

3DDCB5DA00000578-4273898-image-a-47_1488437458637.jpg

In this very thread people are saying Bush was a better POTUS than Trump.

Bush lied us into a war that we are still involved in 16 years later.
A war that has cost the lives of 1,000,000 people. Twice that if you include the subsequent wars it has spawned.
The war also cost America over $6,000,000,000,000 - thats trillion with a T.
And he turned the US into a surveillance state in the process.
None of that is reversible.

If you think Trump has done worse in 2 years, then you are a fucking idiot and a troll.

If all that is true, then why are his approval ratings so low, and his disapproval ratings so high? You'd think just the opposite would be true, no?

And before you say polls are useless after the last election, both trump and Jr were recently touting his high approval ratings (falsely) as compared to Obama.

2018%2F08%2F10%2F26%2F5a1e32b362654e62a64de5cc221dba5d.9cfe0.jpg

But all that aside, and assuming those are, in fact, true, you left out the fact that trump (and his campaign) is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation, his campaign chairman was just found guilty on eight felony counts, (and will likely be re-tried on the other ten counts and has another upcoming trial later this month,) his personal lawyer just plead guilty to eight felony charges, his deputy campaign chairman plead guilty, as did his foreign policy advisor, the national security advisor, etc etc. I'm sure I'm leaving several people out.

That's also not including his foundation's lawsuit, the trump U scam, the 130 plus federal lawsuits just since inauguration, and on and on.

So either he doesn't hire "all the best people," he chooses to surround himself with felons, or everyone is out to get him.

Whether or not "he can't be bought," as you put it, also seems to be part of that ongoing investigation, so we'll have to see how that one pans out.
He doesn’t always hire the best - that much is clear. But their fails are primarily their own - not his. To take a macro view of his presidency....people are doing well, people are safer, he’s trying to secure the border despite Dems and MSM open border policy....minorities are doing better than ever....the polls had him crashing in November 16 as well.

Back